new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Mongobear
Hi Mongobear,

Is your case Id like this 022XX?

If so, I guess they will probably proceed the Id change afterwords for you...

Cheers,

Lesale

Yes, exactly. It's 223x.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear
Hi Mongobear,

Is your case Id like this 022XX?

If so, I guess they will probably proceed the Id change afterwords for you...

Cheers,

Lesale

Maybe they're consolidating similar occupations (IT, trades, engineering) and therefore assign new case-numbers. If we believe Sgt. VickyMel they did it this way with old applications. They haven't been processed in date order but rather in groups of occupations since the assessment of applications is done by external bodies.

Guest machang
Good Morning

I just want to share with you...

We received a mail this morning from Victoria. They asking for the declaration to sign us and send back within two weeks.

(Did we forget this to submit? ahhh:arghh:)

I am so excited. Does this mean they are interested in us? Hopefully this is not only a standard letter who means nothing.

Anyway it is for sure, the ball is rolling!

Sandy

Sandy,

Coming color is very good for you. what is your occupation and when did you apply?:biggrin:

Machang

Togo, not to dampen your spirits, but the declaration you've been asked to complete is standard. Our agent got us to fill one in as well before we submitted. I imagine other applicants who haven't yet completed one will be asked in due course.

Guest machang
Same here. Changed from 22xx to SS-2010-035xx ...

Your occupation also "analyst programmer" ? If so, they are grouping all AP into 35xx

:spinny:

Guest Mongobear
Your occupation also "analyst programmer" ? If so, they are grouping all AP into 35xx

:spinny:

Nope, no programming but ICT as well. (Software Tester/Systems Analyst).

Guest machang
Nope, no programming but ICT as well. (Software Tester/Systems Analyst).

hmm.. then can not identify their grouping pattern :arghh:

BTW, the fact we see it's changing now means there is some batch processing running, it can't be a manual change at this time of the day in Australia, definitely not in a governmental institution. And it's a long batch process, as the case numbers didn't change at once. Maybe they're just migrating the data, or consolidating it in some way (e.g. by adding previously granted SS to the SMP queue).

Togo, not to dampen your spirits, but the declaration you've been asked to complete is standard. Our agent got us to fill one in as well before we submitted. I imagine other applicants who haven't yet completed one will be asked in due course.

your not dampen my spirits...

I am totally aware of this. But I am a positve thinking human and I thougt that can only be could news. Even if we forgot to send this declaration they are still interested to have it. So this have to be a good sign.

But another question. Do we have to send this declaration by airmail or is it enough by email?

And by the way...our number hasn't changed. It is still 2010-02XXX.

Sandy

Guest machang
your not dampen my spirits...

I am totally aware of this. But I am a positve thinking human and I thougt that can only be could news. Even if we forgot to send this declaration they are still interested to have it. So this have to be a good sign.

But another question. Do we have to send this declaration by airmail or is it enough by email?

And by the way...our number hasn't changed. It is still 2010-02XXX.

Sandy

Sandy,

I thought you just need to send via email. Just print it, sign it, scan it with 300 DPI and send it. I think this is what VIC says at the time of applying ?

( reply to email which you get from VIC with the attachment would do I guess )

Anyways good luck mate !!

:biggrin:

Guest VickyMel
We received a mail this morning from Victoria. They asking for the declaration to sign us and send back within two weeks.

(Did we forget this to submit? ahhh:arghh:)

I am so excited. Does this mean they are interested in us? Hopefully this is not only a standard letter who means nothing.

Anyway it is for sure, the ball is rolling!

Sandy

Hi Sandy

I don't think you forgot - in the past they didn't always ask everyone to sign it.

It is a standard letter - but most people who were contacted with it heard something soon after they returned it - usually positive.

Goodluck

Heey,

my application is still unchanged. Status "received" and the casenumber is the same as well.

Pretty weird.

My application probably still says "received" and I got my SS last year back in 2009 it never seemed to get updated - may be different now.

Maybe they're consolidating similar occupations (IT, trades, engineering) and therefore assign new case-numbers. If we believe Sgt. VickyMel they did it this way with old applications. They haven't been processed in date order but rather in groups of occupations since the assessment of applications is done by external bodies.

Sgt. VickyMel !!! :radar: I'm watching! :wink:

It will be interesting to see what they are doing this time around... they may not be using the same system?

In fact I would not be surprised if they have changed things a bit given all the interim time when no SS were being granted.

Sandy

We scanned it and sent it back by email.

Goodluck all

VickyMel

Guest Mongobear

Sgt Vick ... would you mind giving me some info about these color codes. I've seen it on the WA thread but did not really go into details.

Cheers

Private Uli

Guest VickyMel
Sgt Vick ... would you mind giving me some info about these color codes. I've seen it on the WA thread but did not really go into details.

Cheers

Private Uli

Hi Private Uli

We used to colour people at different stages different colours - so when you go down the first page - where everyones details are placed you can quickly get an impression of who is at what stage - and more importantly what is happening to people around you.

I used the following on the old VIC thread.

People used to start off in black then as things progressed...

Victoria State Sponsorship Approved = Blue

CO allocated = Green

176 Visa approved by DIAC = Purple

Rejected = Brown (poo coloured and hopefully can be turned to blue)

Here is a link to the first post on that old thread if you want to see what it looked like - most people fill all the details in the same colour - can't remember why I didn't?

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/65713-vic-state-sponsered-update.html#post548564

Connie on the Cat 2 & 3 threads uses Pink for people with a CO (hence my signature saying turn me pink) and Purple when we hopefully get a Visa.

Another thread used to turn people Gold when they have a Visa.

The colours don't really matter - the main thing to do is make sure whichever colour you use is easy to see against the background.

VickyMel

Guest Strider

Hi Mongobear and everyone in the thread!

Here are my dedails.

Name: Strider

Date of SMP application: 15th November

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Nationality: Russian

IELTS (if applicable): 8.0

Visa type: offshore 175 (old application)

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 4

comments: Still no Case ID!!!! Weird

Archived