new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Lankan1
Hi Vicky,

thanks for acquiring new "customers" for my thread :biggrin:

I hope they're not too strict with the "applying elsewhere" thing because I've "suppressed" a WA-sponsorship that has been refused in July. Do you know by mistake if they're only allergic to granted sponsorships or don't they like other sponsorships at all?

Thanks a lot

Uli

Don't think its a problem at all as WA already rejected it! But Mate, I kind of thinking why WA rejected it because as I hear NSW, ACT, VIC are the most difficult states to get sponsorships. All other states will grant you simply if you're meeting their requirements and If they haven't gone beyond the quota. But last time there was no quota!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mongobear
Don't think its a problem at all as WA already rejected it! But Mate, I kind of thinking why WA rejected it because as I hear NSW, ACT, VIC are the most difficult states to get sponsorships. All other states will grant you simply if you're meeting their requirements and If they haven't gone beyond the quota. But last time there was no quota!!

Well, I've been assessed by the ACS as 2231-79 (nec) and WA had 2231-79 (Project Mgmt.) on their old SS list. My job refs are proving that I've managed some bigger projects and so I thought I'll give it a try. Unfortunately WA was just looking on the ASC-assessment and didn't bother about the references. This I why I got refused. Actually I was pretty sure they'll refuse it.

For VIC, apart from the assessment, the CV and references seem to be even more important and therefore I hope my chances are better there. I think my chances to get a sponsorship are somewhere between 30% and 50% but I thought better trying than rotting in cat 4.

Cheers

Uli

Name: mpogr

Date of SMP application: 5th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Computer Professional NEC

Nationality: Israeli

IELTS (if applicable): 7

Visa type: 175 applied on 24 Aug 2010, will consider reapplying 176 if +ve VIC SS soon

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Cat 3 as for now, with 176 hope for Cat 2

Delays/further docs requested: N/A

SS received: Not yet

Comments: Vic SS status "Received"

I actually applied for 175 in Aug 2010 after having myself reassessed as a "Software Engineer" (occupation on the new SOL). However, I decided to apply for VIC SS (it's free, so why not?). In case I have a +ve reply soon, I'm considering re-applying for 176 hoping to significantly reduce the waiting time by shifting into Cat 2. Unfortunately, since my 175 was lodged after Jul 1st, I can't just switch to 176, but have to lodge a new application, with all the consequences applied (new fees, new timeline).

A little explanation on why I decided to apply for VIC SS as a "Computer Professional NEC" instead of "Software Engineer". First of all, I have both assessment letters from ACS, so I could use either of these, as VIC SMP has both professions listed. I couldn't use the "Computer Professional NEC" for 175 because it's not on the new SOL, so I had to wait for reassessment (that's why I could lodge it only in Aug). However, for VIC SS I felt it was important to use the fact I already work in Melbourne on a 457 visa for a local employer. Unfortunately, my current employer is a consulting company providing performance testing and monitoring services, so, with my current title of "Performance Testing Consultant", I can hardly qualify as a "Software Engineer", despite the fact I worked in software development for an ISV company in Israel for the last 15 years, just before I moved to Australia 4 months ago. That's why I felt positioning myself as a "Computer Professional NEC" (with specialization in Java and C/C++/C#) would both fit well my current Victorian job description (as well as the previous one) and qualify for State Sponsorship. Hope this small exercise works well.:biggrin:

Guest Lankan1
Name: mpogr

Date of SMP application: 5th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Computer Professional NEC

Nationality: Israeli

IELTS (if applicable): 7

Visa type: 175 applied on 24 Aug 2010, will consider reapplying 176 if +ve VIC SS soon

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Cat 3 as for now, with 176 hope for Cat 2

Delays/further docs requested: N/A

SS received: Not yet

Comments: Vic SS status "Received"

I actually applied for 175 in Aug 2010 after having myself reassessed as a "Software Engineer" (occupation on the new SOL). However, I decided to apply for VIC SS (it's free, so why not?). In case I have a +ve reply soon, I'm considering re-applying for 176 hoping to significantly reduce the waiting time by shifting into Cat 2. Unfortunately, since my 175 was lodged after Jul 1st, I can't just switch to 176, but have to lodge a new application, with all the consequences applied (new fees, new timeline).

A little explanation on why I decided to apply for VIC SS as a "Computer Professional NEC" instead of "Software Engineer". First of all, I have both assessment letters from ACS, so I could use either of these, as VIC SMP has both professions listed. I couldn't use the "Computer Professional NEC" for 175 because it's not on the new SOL, so I had to wait for reassessment (that's why I could lodge it only in Aug). However, for VIC SS I felt it was important to use the fact I already work in Melbourne on a 457 visa for a local employer. Unfortunately, my current employer is a consulting company providing performance testing and monitoring services, so, with my current title of "Performance Testing Consultant", I can hardly qualify as a "Software Engineer", despite the fact I worked in software development for an ISV company in Israel for the last 15 years, just before I moved to Australia 4 months ago. That's why I felt positioning myself as a "Computer Professional NEC" (with specialization in Java and C/C++/C#) would both fit well my current Victorian job description (as well as the previous one) and qualify for State Sponsorship. Hope this small exercise works well.:biggrin:

Hi

Did you check whether your old ACS assessment is valid once you get it reassessed. I heard from some one that once you get a reassessment letter the old one is not valid. I'm not sure though.

I checked thoroughly on the ACS Web site and haven't found any mentioning of a new assessment invalidating a previous one. It just says the assessment is valid for 1 year, which is fine, as my first one is dated Jun 2010.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Guest seban123

Name: seban

Date of SMP application: 4th Nov

Trade/profession: Analyst Programmer

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): waiting for results

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

Guest Lankan1
I checked thoroughly on the ACS Web site and haven't found any mentioning of a new assessment invalidating a previous one. It just says the assessment is valid for 1 year, which is fine, as my first one is dated Jun 2010.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Then its a successful way forward, Good Luck!

Guest Mongobear

seban, mpogr, auzsci ... thanks for joining our thread. Your details have been added to the first page. Let me know when the ball starts rolling ...

Good luck

Uli

Hi Mongobear,

Thanks for adding me to the tracking list as well:)

Name: Lesale

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Nationality: Chinese

IELTS (if applicable): waiting for results

Visa type:

SS received:

comments:

Cheers,

Lesale

Guest machang

Hi Mongobear,

Please add mine as well, Thanks for this thread !!

Name: machang

Date of SMP application: Nov. 4th

Trade/profession: Software Eng

Nationality: Sri Lankan

IELTS: 6.5

Visa type: N/A

DIAC Priority: N/A

Delays/further docs requested: -

SS received: not yet

comments: status "Received"

Cheers !!

Machang, all the way from sri lanka

Guest Mongobear

Lesale, Manchang,

thanks for joining our thread. You've both been added to the frontpage. Keep your fingers crossed that things start moving soon.

I guess they'll collect a certain number of similar occupations before giving the pile to the assessing body.

Good luck to both of you

Uli

Guest Mongobear

I've added my jobrefs to the application although they did not request it.

I guess VIC will contact you in case they need any additional documents. It seems they primarily judge you based on your CV and only come back in case something is unclear.

Good luck

Uli

P.S. It's been almost 3 weeks now. VIC- start !

Guest Lankan1
Hi Mongobear,

Please add mine as well, Thanks for this thread !!

Name: machang

Date of SMP application: Nov. 4th

Trade/profession: Software Eng

Nationality: Sri Lankan

IELTS: 6.5

Visa type: N/A

DIAC Priority: N/A

Delays/further docs requested: -

SS received: not yet

comments: status "Received"

Cheers !!

Machang, all the way from sri lanka

Hi Machang !

Guest Mongobear
Name: lexbunde

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Nationality: Kenyan

IELTS : 8.5

Visa type: 176

SS received:

Added and good luck to you too.

seban, mpogr, auzsci ... thanks for joining our thread. Your details have been added to the first page. Let me know when the ball starts rolling ...

Good luck

Uli

Will do. Thanks for adding my details.

Good Morning

I just want to share with you...

We received a mail this morning from Victoria. They asking for the declaration to sign us and send back within two weeks.

(Did we forget this to submit? ahhh:arghh:)

I am so excited. Does this mean they are interested in us? Hopefully this is not only a standard letter who means nothing.

Anyway it is for sure, the ball is rolling!

Sandy

Heey,

my application is still unchanged. Status "received" and the casenumber is the same as well.

Pretty weird.

Hi Mongobear,

Is your case Id like this 022XX?

If so, I guess they will probably proceed the Id change afterwords for you...

Cheers,

Lesale