new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Mongobear
Thanks for that info Uli.

Do you think this is a positive sign for my application? I mean will they decide the SS based on my email or is this just a formality? so tensed now.

We've had both, people that were granted a sponsorship after asking for a statement and others that were denied although they were asked for a statement. I think they will decide not just on that factor but after summing up all pros and cons. However, you should definitely get in touch with someone who has already created one of those statements. Check the first page of this thread and search for "Statement". You should find some hits. Fingers crossed !

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest auzzycrazzy
We've had both, people that were granted a sponsorship after asking for a statement and others that were denied although they were asked for a statement. I think they will decide not just on that factor but after summing up all pros and cons. However, you should definitely get in touch with someone who has already created one of those statements. Check the first page of this thread and search for "Statement". You should find some hits. Fingers crossed !

Thanks so much Uli. You are awesome

Guest auzzycrazzy
Hey Guys,

I received the following mail from Victoria today, this mail was expected for my profile by some senior members of this thread. While I`m in the process of collecting information about Victoria, I would like to hear from my friends about this email.

Is this a positive sign ? and also what information should I exactly mention in the email which, I`m planning to send to Victoria defending my case?

Thanks a lot friends.

I`ve copied the email which I received from Victoria below

``Thank you for your application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

We note from your application that your brother lives in New South Wales . In being sponsored by the Victorian Government under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme, you are required to commit to living and working in Victoria for two years.

In order to finalise your application, you are required to provide a written statement (via email) explaining why you would like to live and work in Victoria. In your statement you should address:

?Why you would prefer to live in Victoria instead of the states/territories in which you already have family connections

If we do not receive this statement within one month the file will be closed.

We look forward to your response.``

Guys, any one has any input? any specific points that I should mention here?

Guest VickyMel
Thanks VickyMel for you reply.

I'm not lodging a new application, I'm trying to convert my existing Family Sponsored application to a SS application. In this case VIC will inform DIAC if my application is successful. I'm aware of this part of processing.

My question is, how will I know when VIC starts to process my SMP application?

I have another question too. I didn't attach any information regarding Victoria property, Employment contacts etc. Will this go against my application? did any of you guys attach any research information regarding Victoria property, Employment contacts ?

Thanks

Think that has been answered now.

I think you only need the research stuff if you are going for rural areas.

Hey Guys,

I received the following mail from Victoria today, this mail was expected for my profile by some senior members of this thread. While I`m in the process of collecting information about Victoria, I would like to hear from my friends about this email.

Is this a positive sign ? and also what information should I exactly mention in the email which, I`m planning to send to Victoria defending my case?

Thanks a lot friends.

I`ve copied the email which I received from Victoria below

``Thank you for your application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

We note from your application that your brother lives in New South Wales . In being sponsored by the Victorian Government under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme, you are required to commit to living and working in Victoria for two years.

In order to finalise your application, you are required to provide a written statement (via email) explaining why you would like to live and work in Victoria. In your statement you should address:

?Why you would prefer to live in Victoria instead of the states/territories in which you already have family connections

If we do not receive this statement within one month the file will be closed.

We look forward to your response.``

Hey az,

sorry for the late reply. In the past (before July 2010) all VIC-applicants had to write this letter but unfortunately I don't have a single one on hand. You might want to get in touch with VickyMel (not sure if she's still around) since she used to manage the old "VIC - where are you now" thread before I opened this one for the SMP. Fingers crossed !

Uli

Hi Uli

Just taking a break for xmas - still here! Happy New Year to you and all the other VIClings out there.

We had a similar question asked to us. If I remember correctly it was soon after we actually applied (I think VIC has an initial person sorting through applications and getting any clarification on different points before the application goes further??).

We sent a letter to VIC explaining that the family ties were not strong (and they were not they were distant) and explaining why we preferred VIC rather than that other state.

From looking at your other posts though I think you are currently applying for a family sponsored visa - if this is in another state it shows that you were happy to go and live in that state. I think that you will need to put forward a strong case to show why you want to come to VIC and convince them that you are not just intending to change state on arrival and go where you were originally intending.

Just provide VIC with pretty much what they have asked you to do in that letter, that is what they are asking you to do - show them you are serious about VIC and give reasons.

Hope that helps

VickyMel

Hi all,

A friend of mine has applied to SS as an ICT business Analyst. She has a positive skills assessment however is worried that the SS will be rejected as it has been nearly 3 months! The application has been acknowledge and no further info requested. Anyone had a similar experience and should she be worried?

Many thanks.

Guest Mongobear

Hi p12,

Back in Nov 2010 when they first opened the SMP gates the average processing time for ICT professionals was 6 months. Please check http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/ for the current processing-times and if your friend's application is overdue you might want to contact them via smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au . Don't forget to state the case-number in the subject.

Cheers

Uli

Hello everyone, hope everything is going well. :hug:

Sorry Uli for posting this in here as it has no relation to the topic. I know that so many companions participated in your thread and made it already to Victoria "The place to be" and as I'm currently shipping my furniture to the beautiful Melbourne I am in desperate need for help from the good people in here :notworthy:

Please refer to my thread to understand my inquiry and thank you very much for all the help.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/136801-sea-port-melbourne-customs-quarantine-clearance.html#post1297769

I wish the best luck to all in this year.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

How are you all doing? I haven't been on PIO for ages and it has changed a lot! Didn't know where to post this and it took a while for me to find our thread... Hope most of you are in Victoria now. I'm still in cold UK, can't seem to decide when to make the move... Hopefully sometime this year... :laugh:

May be we should have a NEW VIC (or may be it should be Old VIC!) SMP reunion thread or something like that, just to keep in touch. Would be nice...

Auzsci

We are off to oz in 3 weeks for a reccie and to get the visa s stamped .the house has taken longer to sell than we ever thought , but hopefully we will be out there permanently in may this year . Good luck to you with your plans

Guest Mongobear

Our plane leaves on April 9th. We'll stay in Singapore for a few days before finally heading for Oztralia. We have to activate the visa until 20th of April so we hope everything works out - no vulcanic eruption, no airline strikes, no apocalypse :D . Wish us luck and of course the same to all of you !

We are off to oz in 3 weeks for a reccie and to get the visa s stamped .the house has taken longer to sell than we ever thought , but hopefully we will be out there permanently in may this year . Good luck to you with your plans

Our plane leaves on April 9th. We'll stay in Singapore for a few days before finally heading for Oztralia. We have to activate the visa until 20th of April so we hope everything works out - no vulcanic eruption, no airline strikes, no apocalypse :D . Wish us luck and of course the same to all of you !

Good luck to you both! I can't wait to get there. Hopefully it won't be too long. This waiting is worse than waiting for VIC SMP! :wink:Ahh the good old days... Has anyone heard from Armandra or Bigbob?

My issue is when to leave work and when to tell them I'm leaving! Need to decide soonish as my OH is getting impatient! :biglaugh:

Guest Mongobear

Hey as,

Armandra is in MEL for quite a while already. We're in contact via FB and it seems he likes MEL a lot. Mister Bigbob has been granted a sponsorship from the ACT but I don't know if has already made the move. He might still be around here since it's not that long ago when he received the "silver" ticket :tongue:

Cheerio

Uli

Hey as,

Armandra is in MEL for quite a while already. We're in contact via FB and it seems he (she?) likes MEL a lot. Mister Bigbob has been granted a sponsorship from the ACT but I don't know if has already made the move. He might still be around here since it's not that long ago when he received the "silver" ticket :tongue:

Cheerio

Uli

Haha that's a good one Uli! I knew about Bob and knew that Armandra got VIC SS but didn't know whether he/she got the visa... Great to hear Armandra's in MEL. Most will be settled by the end of this year I guess... Well done you all! :notworthy:

Guest Rebecca78

Hi Everyone!!

I'm so sorry I haven't been here for a long time but things happened much quicker than we thought!! First of all a big congratulations to those of you who have been granted SS or visas!!!!

After we received our visas in May we managed to sell the house in August, shipped our entire posessions and arrived in Mel on the 21st Sept. We arrived to a rainy. grey day of 13 degrees, extremely tired and if I'm honest, thinking "What on earth have we done?" "have we done the right thing etc?" However the next day was beautiful and 25 degrees so that made us feel a whole lot better but my OH had an interview that day at a school for a Physics teacher/Y8 co-ordinator. And good news he got the job!!! I signed up with a teaching agency as a casual relief teacher and got plenty of work until December when it got a bit quiet. OH got a job gardening with someone he met at his new cricket club (teaching job didn't start til last week) which was lucky.

We had some difficulty at first finding a rental we liked but we got one in the end after a lucky escape. We applied for one rental, got it, but when we went round a second time the next door neighbour was playing music extremely loud and had a dispute with the owner! AAAAHHHH! However we found somewhere else and we love it here. 3 beds + study ina lovely part of Glen Waverley.

We are having a great time here, and if I can be of any help to anyone at all, about anything (the migration process, arriving etc), don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck to everyone, and I'm here (again!) if anyone needs anything. :biggrin::chatterbox:

That's great news Vicky & Rebecca! Hope more people will update... and Rebecca, I'm sure I'll have some questions when I actually start planning the whole move. :wubclub:

Hi Everyone YoYo here.

I think it's a great idea to start a new thread with all the old and some new Vikings.

We fly on Monday (6th) and after spending 24hrs in Singapore we will arrive in Melbourne on the 8th. Our household effects should arrive this week and we will be able collect our car. We have book a short term rental for a couple of weeks which will give a base to work from and search for something more permanent.

My OH has secured a role in the CBD and starts a few weeks after we arrive. Emotions are all over the place at the moment but deep down I really can't wait to leave now

Take care and good luck to all xx

Guest kristy1

Name: Kristy1

Date of SMP application: 18/12/11

Trade/profession: Secondary school teacher (ICT)

Nationality: British

IELTS (if applicable): Taken (awaiting results)

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): not sure

Delays/further docs requested: awaiting registration with Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) been waiting a month!

SS received: 28/12/11

comments: have been given SS but reliant on registration with VIT

Guest thangvan

Name: Thang Van

Date of SMP application: 03/02/12

Trade/profession: Engineering Technologist

Nationality: Vietnamese

IELTS (if applicable): 8.0

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 3

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: Waiting for confirmation now

Hi Everyone YoYo here.

My OH has secured a role in the CBD and starts a few weeks after we arrive. Emotions are all over the place at the moment but deep down I really can't wait to leave now

Hello,

Good luck with your move, I was just wondering what area of work the OH is in, and did he apply to agencies or direct? Did he have interviews over the phone/skype? Thank you.

Regards,

P.

Hello,

Good luck with your move, I was just wondering what area of work the OH is in, and did he apply to agencies or direct? Did he have interviews over the phone/skype? Thank you.

Regards,

P.

Hi,

He applied for an ICT job he seen on seek and had x2 telephone interviews (no Skype)

Thanks

Name: rasserie

Date of SMP application: 31/Jan/12

Trade/profession: 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer

Nationality: Singaporean

IELTS (if applicable): 7.0

Visa type: 176 <- if State Sponsor goes through.

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: Waiting for state sponsor.

Guest thangvan

Hi all, I've got a confirmation today and being asked to write a commitment statement why I chose VIC over WA where I've got 2 mates. Can anyone share a sample of this? I've done my homework and did lots of research about jobs, life etc. but don't know any format or how to start. Please help!

i have 2 mates over in Adelaide but i didnt mention that in my application.

did they ask you if you have friends in australia?

Hi all, I've got a confirmation today and being asked to write a commitment statement why I chose VIC over WA where I've got 2 mates. Can anyone share a sample of this? I've done my homework and did lots of research about jobs, life etc. but don't know any format or how to start. Please help!

Archived