new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest auzzycrazzy

Hi Guys,

I'm just thinking how many years of industry experience does VIC look for, just guessing my chances of getting the SS approved. I have 8 years of experience.

any thoughts guys

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

VIC are very funny - they use industrial panels to consider the applicant and it seems that they look at the applicants CV in relation to what is in demand.

Therefore we have seen some people who have years and years of experience and are highly skilled rejected yet for the same occupation they may accept someone with the minimum required amount of skill. I assume it is because industry is calling for more novices in that occupation.

It varies re different occupations.

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum and I am from HR Country (Pakistan).

My VIC SS is refused and I am really surprised by the decision because I thought my application is very strong. I applied back in September 2011 and today to got the response from work force VIC.

The decision e-mail says that i can re-apply for sponsorship after six months. However, it doesn't mention anything about appealing. I want to know if i have the right to appeal against the decision. If yes, then how long more the outcome may take?

Furthermore, what will be the chances of positive result if you are affirmative about appealing?

Please assist.

Guest Mongobear

Hi Reha,

you cannot appeal the decision or at least I haven't heard or read of anyone who was successful. They've made their decision and that's it - unfortunately.

Sorry for not having better news.

Uli

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum and I am from HR Country (Pakistan).

My VIC SS is refused and I am really surprised by the decision because I thought my application is very strong. I applied back in September 2011 and today to got the response from work force VIC.

The decision e-mail says that i can re-apply for sponsorship after six months. However, it doesn't mention anything about appealing. I want to know if i have the right to appeal against the decision. If yes, then how long more the outcome may take?

Furthermore, what will be the chances of positive result if you are affirmative about appealing?

Please assist.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest auzzycrazzy
Fingers crossed buddy !!! :angel_happy_face_ha

Yep. I haven't received the acknowledement yet, website says 2 weeks, any idea how long it actually takes?

Guest Mongobear

Not really. Back then some didn't receive anything at all and some were mailbombed. I'd wait two weeks and get in touch with them if you haven't heard anything back by then.

Guest auzzycrazzy
Not really. Back then some didn't receive anything at all and some were mailbombed. I'd wait two weeks and get in touch with them if you haven't heard anything back by then.

Ok friends, I've received the acknowledgement, but they have requested me to send the IELTS results within 7 days

Also they have said, "Note that you are not required to provide an IELTS assessment for state sponsorship if you are applying as a citizen of the USA, UK, Canada, Republic of Ireland or New Zealand. Instead you are required to provide a copy of the photo page of your passport."

I'm a Canadian citizen and I've attached my passport copy with the application.

I wonder why they have requested me to send the IELTS results

Could this be an automated reply?

Guest Mongobear

It seems they missed the part with the citizenship. Just drop them a short eMail explaining the situation. They should be OK with that.

Guest auzzycrazzy
Yes Sir, use that one. This is also the one I received (and receive) all mails from.

Cheerio

Uli

Thank you so much.

Guest auzzycrazzy

I sent an email explaining the citizenship matter and received an email from Victoria saying, "That the file has been updated with the information".

Will I get an email when my file gets allocated to a CO from Victoria SMP?

Guest VickyMel

VIC will send you a form saying whether you have VIC SS (or not) - and you attach that to your DIAC visa application. VIC are not involved with the DIAC application after that - they only contacted us after that to ask if we were here yet.

Guest auzzycrazzy
VIC will send you a form saying whether you have VIC SS (or not) - and you attach that to your DIAC visa application. VIC are not involved with the DIAC application after that - they only contacted us after that to ask if we were here yet.

Thanks VickyMel for you reply.

I'm not lodging a new application, I'm trying to convert my existing Family Sponsored application to a SS application. In this case VIC will inform DIAC if my application is successful. I'm aware of this part of processing.

My question is, how will I know when VIC starts to process my SMP application?

I have another question too. I didn't attach any information regarding Victoria property, Employment contacts etc. Will this go against my application? did any of you guys attach any research information regarding Victoria property, Employment contacts ?

Thanks

Guest auzzycrazzy

Hey Guys,

I received the following mail from Victoria today, this mail was expected for my profile by some senior members of this thread. While I`m in the process of collecting information about Victoria, I would like to hear from my friends about this email.

Is this a positive sign ? and also what information should I exactly mention in the email which, I`m planning to send to Victoria defending my case?

Thanks a lot friends.

I`ve copied the email which I received from Victoria below

``Thank you for your application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

We note from your application that your brother lives in New South Wales . In being sponsored by the Victorian Government under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme, you are required to commit to living and working in Victoria for two years.

In order to finalise your application, you are required to provide a written statement (via email) explaining why you would like to live and work in Victoria. In your statement you should address:

?Why you would prefer to live in Victoria instead of the states/territories in which you already have family connections

If we do not receive this statement within one month the file will be closed.

We look forward to your response.``

Guest Mongobear
Hey Guys,

I received the following mail from Victoria today, this mail was expected for my profile by some senior members of this thread. While I`m in the process of collecting information about Victoria, I would like to hear from my friends about this email.

Is this a positive sign ? and also what information should I exactly mention in the email which, I`m planning to send to Victoria defending my case?

Thanks a lot friends.

I`ve copied the email which I received from Victoria below

Hey az,

sorry for the late reply. In the past (before July 2010) all VIC-applicants had to write this letter but unfortunately I don't have a single one on hand. You might want to get in touch with VickyMel (not sure if she's still around) since she used to manage the old "VIC - where are you now" thread before I opened this one for the SMP. Fingers crossed !

Uli

Guest Mongobear
Three years after starting this, finally 176 granted! Vic here I come! Good luck Everyone!

Regards,

P.

Well done PW ! Congrats and enjoy your new life :wubclub:

Guest auzzycrazzy
Three years after starting this, finally 176 granted! Vic here I come! Good luck Everyone!

Regards,

P.

Congratulations and good luck with your move to Australia

Guest auzzycrazzy
Hey az,

sorry for the late reply. In the past (before July 2010) all VIC-applicants had to write this letter but unfortunately I don't have a single one on hand. You might want to get in touch with VickyMel (not sure if she's still around) since she used to manage the old "VIC - where are you now" thread before I opened this one for the SMP. Fingers crossed !

Uli

Thanks for that info Uli.

Do you think this is a positive sign for my application? I mean will they decide the SS based on my email or is this just a formality? so tensed now.

Archived