new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest seban123

A friend in Aus says his office is half empty this week. Most of the folks are on leave for this entire week.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ebanster

I lodged an online application. In the status, My health requirements are still outstanding as I have not yet submitted any. The email I initially received from DIAC says that I should wait for a CO before I submit those documents.

My application has been lodged a month ago. No CO has been assigned yet. Could this be due to the fact that I just sent VIC SS the TRN No. this week (which I have overlooked) or is it because my Health requirements are still outstanding?

I was expecting to get the DIAC results within a month as per other applicants.

Let me know if I have missed anything else. Thanks guys! :biggrin:

Guest Mongobear
I lodged an online application. In the status, My health requirements are still outstanding as I have not yet submitted any. The email I initially received from DIAC says that I should wait for a CO before I submit those documents.

My application has been lodged a month ago. No CO has been assigned yet. Could this be due to the fact that I just sent VIC SS the TRN No. this week (which I have overlooked) or is it because my Health requirements are still outstanding?

I was expecting to get the DIAC results within a month as per other applicants.

Let me know if I have missed anything else. Thanks guys! :biggrin:

Hey ebanster,

what does the point "Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination" in the "Documents checklist" say? If it's "met" then you're fine, if not then VIC has not yet submitted form 1100 to the DIAC and this would also be the reason for not having a CO yet.

Click

Cheers

Uli

Guest ebanster
Hey ebanster,

what does the point "Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination" in the "Documents checklist" say? If it's "met" then you're fine, if not then VIC has not yet submitted form 1100 to the DIAC and this would also be the reason for not having a CO yet.

Click

Cheers

Uli

It is still in "Required" status. I thought that attaching a PDF copy of the email they sent me is enough. I have overlooked the email VIC sent to me to inform them of the TRN #. So this might be the reason why I am still not yet assigned to a CO.

I'm so stupid!!! I waited for a month for nothing... :arghh:

my agent had been repeatedly asking me to apply for 175. I had applied for VIC SS on 29th December but havent heard yet. Ithink i should wait for another week. By the way I have sufficient points for a 175. Any suggestions??

Guest Mongobear
my agent had been repeatedly asking me to apply for 175. I had applied for VIC SS on 29th December but havent heard yet. Ithink i should wait for another week. By the way I have sufficient points for a 175. Any suggestions??

Hey exodus,

did he provide a reason to apply for the 175 NOW? Maybe he knows more than us but at the moment I cannot see the reason. Maybe he's afraid of changes on the 1st of May (next Sunday)? People are pretty nervous after last years short-noticed suspension but I still cannot see the reason why the same should happen again this year. By the way, last years suspension was announced on the 7th of May with effect as of 9th or 10th. So people had 2-3 days to get their stuff sorted. But the situation is completely different this time. Just ask him why he wants you to apply now and if there's no real reason then wait for the VICies to get off the dime tout suite. :wink:

Cheers

Uli

Guest harshal

hey,

Anybody did hear from DIAC for CO who lodged their apps on/around 14-16th april?

Especially yoyo and Buddy did u guys hear anything?

Regards,

Harshal.

Hey exodus,

did he provide a reason to apply for the 175 NOW? Maybe he knows more than us but at the moment I cannot see the reason. Maybe he's afraid of changes on the 1st of May (next Sunday)? People are pretty nervous after last years short-noticed suspension but I still cannot see the reason why the same should happen again this year. By the way, last years suspension was announced on the 7th of May with effect as of 9th or 10th. So people had 2-3 days to get their stuff sorted. But the situation is completely different this time. Just ask him why he wants you to apply now and if there's no real reason then wait for the VICies to get off the dime tout suite. :wink:

Cheers

Uli

Thanks for the reply Uli. He mentioned that people who have applied for the 175 are receiving CO's pretty quickly. Also i believe last years changes yet have an impact on him

Guest Buddy
hey,

Anybody did hear from DIAC for CO who lodged their apps on/around 14-16th april?

Especially yoyo and Buddy did u guys hear anything?

Regards,

Harshal.

me no, not yet, I will email them on Monday if I did not get a CO by then.

what about you yoyo?

Guest Strider

I completely agree with Uli in this question. With 175th and Diac, one can expect anything. Look at my signature below and see how long 175th can take (actually, infinity).

The quicker processing - the lower risk.

IMHO, even if 175s are getting officers pretty quickly, it doesn't mean they will get visas quickly (though I wish them the best, of course).

Especially,if you have enough points after 1 July, you are safe in waiting SS.

Guest Mongobear

Hehe ... pretty silent on the PIO today. Our Pommies are all in front of the TV watching Kate and Will ... smiley_wedding.gif Enjoy it !

Guest Buddy
Hehe ... pretty silent on the PIO today. Our Pommies are all in front of the TV watching Kate and Will ... smiley_wedding.gif Enjoy it !

Blimey! is it today?!!!

Guest Mongobear
is it today?!!!

Yes Sir. There's even a public holiday for it in the UK today. But the most exciting part is already over. Both said "Yes". And no, I did not watch it :no:. Just saw it on the TV in our lobby when I went to lunch :yes:

Guest Buddy
Yes Sir. There's even a public holiday for it in the UK today. But the most exciting part is already over. Both said "Yes". And no, I did not watch it :no:. Just saw it on the TV in our lobby when I went to lunch :yes:

God Bless them (and bless YouTube too)

I've just seen one youtube where they both said yes, but no kissing, please tell me he kissed the bride!

Guest Buddy

they've been advertising it every 5 minutes on the TV here in Saudi, for the past 3 weeks, it became so annoying (the advertisements) that I missed the date!

the media and advertisers are hyenas! they will "use" any possible event to the max

I hope soon we all will become "subjects" of their "highness" :)

Guest Mongobear
they've been advertising it every 5 minutes on the TV here in Saudi, for the past 3 weeks, it became so annoying (the advertisements) that I missed the date!

the media and advertisers are hyenas! they will "use" any possible event to the max

I hope soon we all will become "subjects" of their "highness" :)

Same here buddy. They are broadcasting it on 4 stations and it's on every newspaper. (I'm glad it's over). :wink:

Guest Mongobear
has anyone here get an approval after a rejection AND getting a job offer in VIC?

Hey katie,

I'm not aware of anyone in this thread who was approved after a rejection. I think Big Bob was about to try to fight against his rejection but I'm not sure if he yet had a response.

However, I know that the VIC-guys write in their rejection mails that they will be happy to reassess you in case you are able to provide a job-offer from a local employer. So i think it would be worth a try.

Cheers

Uli

Guest katie0499

thanks Uli.. As usual you were very helpful. I just cant get over that I waited for so many months just for a rejection. I thought I could turn the decision around somehow.. but finding a job offer is hard especially if I am offshore..

PS: Are tourists allowed to 'scout' for work in Australia? Is it legal?

thanks Uli.. As usual you were very helpful. I just cant get over that I waited for so many months just for a rejection. I thought I could turn the decision around somehow.. but finding a job offer is hard especially if I am offshore..

PS: Are tourists allowed to 'scout' for work in Australia? Is it legal?

Katie,

Of course it's ILLEGAL for tourists to be searching for work.

The customs official has every right to turn you away ceasing the tourist visa if he/she happens to find Degree Certificates, Employment Letters, Salary Slips, etc., or something fishy which could be used in job searching.

But, a lot of people on Tourist visas do that. So, it's kinda like taking a calculated risk. It's your call anyway.

Why don't you try for Queensland or WA? They still have BA on their list, and last time I checked, Queensland was granting SS within 2 or 3 weeks (someone got it even in 2 days flat!).

P.S: Just checked your details on the first page, being a Filipino (classed as HR by DIAC), it's more of a risk carrying the docs I mentioned earlier when you land at the airport with a tourist visa in hand (Oh, me too HR, damn!)

Good luck!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest mpogr

The customs official has every right to turn you away ceasing the tourist visa if he/she happens to find Degree Certificates, Employment Letters, Salary Slips, etc., or something fishy which could be used in job searching.

I suppose having scanned copies on the computer and printing them while in Oz would solve this problem...

Guest tycsee

Guys,

Just to let you know - yesterday triggered my personal deadline and I have lodged 175 yesterday - 30/4/11.

Still awaiting SS results - will consider applying a 176 if I get SS +ve.

Dont know what to expect from vic now - they are outright unpredictable.

-Tycsee

Archived