new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Don't give up hope just yet - I've just got it - turn me Blue ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd just about given up - alsmost everyone else from Nov had heard. It's such a relief - next I'm going to call my agent and get the 176 in. Then crack open the champagne that has been waiting in the fidge for the past 23 weeks. :jiggy:We would have stuggled with a plan B as we won't have enough points after the changes, so would have had to rush to get SS from else where. Hey not a problem know.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, this has been a great thread - and kept me sane several times. :hug:

You earned it mate :cute: I see that you are already ready to go :wink: Congratulations and wish you luck with the 176 application. Well done :wubclub:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest la la

Good luck to everyone still waiting, this has been a great thread - and kept me sane several times. :hug:

Congrats Congrats Congrats.

So pleased for you

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Buddy
Lol, that was a typo using the iphone on a bumpy train. I dont understand why it would warrant a panic attack on your behalf

yoyo

that must have been one BUMPY train! :)

I never liked iPhones anyway! (because they are OVER priced, at least here! 1000-1500$ !! plus I am waiting for iphone 5 ;)

the panic attack resulted from the post implying that a 176 may fail -just as an SS may fail- for some unknown reasons !

now maybe I am being over protective for my precious SS, my precious, my precious ..

(or is it that I watched Lord Of the Rings too many times?!)

mates, correct me if I'm wrong, but what I know is that the only way one may fail a 176 -providing all his/her papers and prerequisites are in order- is by being an ill-mannered, Tuberculosis-suffering terrorist

Guest tycsee

I'd just about given up - alsmost everyone else from Nov had heard. It's such a relief - next I'm going to call my agent and get the 176 in. Then crack open the champagne that has been waiting in the fidge for the past 23 weeks. :jiggy:We would have stuggled with a plan B as we won't have enough points after the changes, so would have had to rush to get SS from else where. Hey not a problem know.

Cool... Congratulations...

I think I am the only ICT applicant from NOV actually awaiting a decision now!

Guest obelixous
Thanks mate, why don't you apply for 175 ? Seems things are moving pretty fast

I don't have enough points for the 175 :(

How did you go about applying for the 475?

Guest machang
I don't have enough points for the 175 :(

How did you go about applying for the 475?

It is same as 176, check all the states for 475 category and its criteria. 475 requires only 100 points to pass. however ,it is not a PR, it will gives you 3 years visa with clear pathway for PR. good luck !!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Guest Lankan1
It is same as 176, check all the states for 475 category and its criteria. 475 requires only 100 points to pass. however ,it is not a PR, it will gives you 3 years visa with clear pathway for PR. good luck !!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

At the moment only Queensland is offering 475 based on work experience in their 475 list. All other states require you to have a job offer, correct me if I'm wrong! I'm unable to go for QLD 475 as Java/ J2EE not in their list :cry:

At the moment only Queensland is offering 475 based on work experience in their 475 list. All other states require you to have a job offer, correct me if I'm wrong! I'm unable to go for QLD 475 as Java/ J2EE not in their list :cry:

Yep JOB OFFER is the main criteria with 7 in IELTS... How about ACT Computing professionals are still open with out any demand except IELTS :yes:

Guest Lankan1
Yep JOB OFFER is the main criteria with 7 in IELTS... How about ACT Computing professionals are still open with out any demand except IELTS :yes:

I don't qualify for prrof of funds requirements... they accept only bank statements & does not accept property valuation etc. :dull:

Nice to hear u have been given ss gives us a little hope!! We applied on 4 nov..! Can only wait n see! What was your main applicants job?? My OH is a chef! Fingers crossed! Well done again!

Guest auzsci

Hello Vickings!

First of all congratulations to everyone who got VIC SS. Hope you get your 176 granted very soon. Although we've seen a few approvals it's always sad to see refusals, especially for those who don't have a plan B. :hug:

A little update: we have booked our tickets and will be in Melbourne this weekend! So exciting. :biggrin: Originally planned on going in summer but thought now would be the ideal time for us with the long Easter holidays etc...

So if I don't post here it's not because I've forgotten all my VIC mates but only because I'll be having fun in Melbourne!!! :wink:

Hello Vickings!

First of all congratulations to everyone who got VIC SS. Hope you get your 176 granted very soon. Although we've seen a few approvals it's always sad to see refusals, especially for those who don't have a plan B. :hug:

A little update: we have booked our tickets and will be in Melbourne this weekend! So exciting. :biggrin: Originally planned on going in summer but thought now would be the ideal time for us with the long Easter holidays etc...

So if I don't post here it's not because I've forgotten all my VIC mates but only because I'll be having fun in Melbourne!!! :wink:

Awesome news!! Have a great time in Melbourne!!!! :cute:

P.S: If possible while you are in Melbourne, see if you can make Vic approve everyone who is waiting! :wink:

armandra!

Guest soumya
Awesome news!! Have a great time in Melbourne!!!! :cute:

P.S: If possible while you are in Melbourne, see if you can make Vic approve everyone who is waiting! :wink:

armandra!

PPS: & also make VIC approve all prospective applicants who had not initially submitted thr ACS responses :wink:

Hello Vickings!

Great news auzsci :cute: Wish you luck mate. Waiting for you to tell us about your trip :wubclub: Wish you a great time :smile:

Guest Mongobear
For those with ICT occupation, anyone got assigned to a Case Officer already? :biggrin:

Yes Sir, the Captain (this is me :wink:) already has a CO. It was assigned 1 week after submitting form 1100 (Sponsorship confirmation) to the DIAC. We've done the meds just yesterday in Munich. Two adults, one bugger ... 610€ (830AU$) :eek::arghh::skeptical::cry:

Guest Strider
It was assigned 1 week after submitting form 1100 (Sponsorship confirmation) to the DIAC.

Hi, Uli! Lucky you are! Congrats!

Did you submit form 1100 by yourself or it was done by Victorian Government (as it should be)?

Yes Sir, the Captain (this is me :wink:) already has a CO. It was assigned 1 week after submitting form 1100 (Sponsorship confirmation) to the DIAC. We've done the meds just yesterday in Munich. Two adults, one bugger ... 610€ (830AU$) :eek::arghh::skeptical::cry:

Hey Captain congrats,

I confirmed with Vic that they sent my 1100 form on the 15th Apr. How do you know when a CO is assigned? My agent may well have been notified but has not told me??

I'll leave it until after Easter and then chase it up. I'm just curious how you are notified.

Cheers

Guest Mongobear
Hey Captain congrats,

I confirmed with Vic that they sent my 1100 form on the 15th Apr. How do you know when a CO is assigned? My agent may well have been notified but has not told me??

I'll leave it until after Easter and then chase it up. I'm just curious how you are notified.

Cheers

Hey Yoyo,

my agent received a love-letter from the CO requesting all the missing stuff like meds, PCC, madam's IELTS and so on. If you didn't frontload everything you should be contacted soon. If everything is already frontloaded it could well be that you just get a grant info within some days. Good luck !

Uli

Guest Mongobear

And if it's an online application you can also check the eVisa status page. Click the "documents checklist" link for details. The very first page of the online monitor didn't show any movement for me but documents checklist page unveiled that several docs had been requested and several other requirements had changed to "met".

And if it's an online application you can also check the eVisa status page. Click the "documents checklist" link for details. The very first page of the online monitor didn't show any movement for me but documents checklist page unveiled that several docs had been requested and several other requirements had changed to "met".

I've sent you a pm :)

Archived