new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest tycsee

Its been a long time since I last saw a result on this forum... Seems like VIC is going snail slow.

I have applied late Nov 10 but haven't received the result yet - while many Dec applicants have received their results. Not sure what this means!

Can someone with agents on the forum pl check whats the new 'deadline' for the remainder of applicants?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest machang
HI again.

Have you tried checking your visa entitlement details using 'VEVO' application?

Maybe things will get clearer if you do that, since it has a straightforward format.

Here is a link:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/evo/start.do?actionType=firstPartyQuery

Hope it helps,

MOTO

See the details. I removed my grant number

Visa class/subclass VF 475

Visa description TEMPORARY RESIDENT

Visa applicant Primary

Visa status In Effect

Visa grant date 18/04/2011

Visa expiry date 18/04/2014

Enter before date 18/03/2012

Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

Must not arrive after 18/04/2014

Period of stay 03 years stay on each arrival

Hi, They have mention visa expiry date which is exactly 3 years(Apr/2014) from the grant date. But I could travel up to Mar/2012 and If I travel Jan/2012, Can i stay up to Jan/2015 ?

They have contradicted statements in visa approval letter.:eek:

Hi,

We were going to go for this type if visa if we failed with the 176. I was told by my agent that once the visa is granted, the 3 year clock starts to tick immediately.

The normal entry criteria within 12 months for medicals and PCC applies.

I would be very careful about coming back and forth, as one of the conditions for a PR application is that within the final 12 months of the 3 year validity you must have been working in a specific region (not Brisbane or gold coast) in order to qualify. You must also one again satisfy health, medical and PCC.

Call DIAC if you are still not clear about things

All the best.... get packing and gooooooo

Yoyo x

Its been a long time since I last saw a result on this forum... Seems like VIC is going snail slow.

I have applied late Nov 10 but haven't received the result yet - while many Dec applicants have received their results. Not sure what this means!

Can someone with agents on the forum pl check whats the new 'deadline' for the remainder of applicants?

yep its been very slow!!! Come on Vic :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest mada07

Dec applicants got rejection more than approval, so I think they approve or reject those they want or do not want first, and they deal with the rest. Since you have successfully avoid the rejection bullet, you are comparable safe now. Maybe no news is just a good news.

Guest machang
Hi,

We were going to go for this type if visa if we failed with the 176. I was told by my agent that once the visa is granted, the 3 year clock starts to tick immediately.

The normal entry criteria within 12 months for medicals and PCC applies.

All the best.... get packing and gooooooo

Yoyo x

Thanks a lot yoyo. Wish you to get PR soon :hug::hug::hug:

Guest Mongobear

Hey Northern Soul,

thanks for joining the best forum in the world and another thanks for coming to our thread. Your details will be copied to the first page in a few minutes (just need to wake up first).

Good luck ! :hug:

Uli

Please could you add me to the list...

After a few years of pondering and regret about turning down job in QLD in 2008, an unexpected change in life circumstances has lead me to re-opening the Oz plan but this time in VIC (where i wanted to be all along). A few weeks after applying for SS have past and already become obsessed with checking my email each morning - am anticipating this does not change until the Visa's in the passport but patience is not my best virtue!!

Name: NorthernSoul

Date of SMP application: 9th March 2011

Trade/profession: Clinical Psychologist

Nationality: British

IELTS (if applicable): N/A

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

Guest Coxy04

Hi, pls turn us blue......wooooohoooooo.....visa granted 19/4/11.........fast going.......and so relieved/ excited........etc.

x:biggrin:

Guest triumph01
& My well wishes to Uli for getting a CO :wubclub:

Hi Lankan1,

what is the current status of your application? CO assigned? Docs status met? medical/PCC referred? etc ?

Regards,

Name: ravy

Date of SMP application: 8th Apr 2011

Trade/profession: Mechanical Draftperson

Nationality: Fil

IELTS (if applicable): Overall 7.5

Visa type: 176 (if SMP is approved)

SS received:

comments:

Guest Mongobear
Name: ravy

Date of SMP application: 8th Apr 2011

Trade/profession: Mechanical Draftperson

Nationality: Fil

IELTS (if applicable): Overall 7.5

Visa type: 176 (if SMP is approved)

SS received:

comments:

Hey ravy,

thank you for joining our club. Your details are already copied to the first page.

Good luck and please keep us posted. :hug:

Thanks

Uli

Guest Buddy

Yoyo x

I don't know why I read it as "We are going to go for this type if visa if we failed with the 176"

and I had a panic attack

yoyo333, please next time type: "We were going to go for this type if visa if we failed with the SS"

don't use "176" and "fail" in the same sentence, PLEASE! :)

Guest machang
Machang: Congrats on the Visa!

Others waiting: Keep the faith!

Thanks mate, why don't you apply for 175 ? Seems things are moving pretty fast

Guest Natalie1981

Hi people, after asking for even more info a few weeks ago, you can now turn us Blue!! Vic said yes! We can now apply for the Visa!!! Yay!!! So pleased! It seems like an eternity we've waited! I was starting to go slightly insane! Now we have the next big wait ahead of us! Hope everyone is well! :biggrin:

Guest Mongobear
Hi people, after asking for even more info a few weeks ago, you can now turn us Blue!! Vic said yes! We can now apply for the Visa!!! Yay!!! So pleased! It seems like an eternity we've waited! I was starting to go slightly insane! Now we have the next big wait ahead of us! Hope everyone is well! :biggrin:

Well done Natalie, Will proudly turn you blue ! :hug:

Natalie,

Congrats mate!!! Good luck for the faster processing of 176!!!!!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest Mongobear
Natalie,

Congrats mate!!! Good luck for the faster processing of 176!!!!!! :hug:

armandra!

Hehe ... I'm happy to see you drop a brick :wink: This "mate" is a girl :laugh:

Hehe ... I'm happy to see you drop a brick :wink: This "mate" is a girl :laugh:

Uli, not again!! I hate to do this (pointing out difference between the male and female species of population) :wink:

P.S: "Mate" is a gender-neutral form of addressing a friend (at least in Australia) :notworthy:

P.P.S: I won! I won!! I won again!!! :cute:

armandra!

Guest Mongobear
Uli, not again!! I hate to do this (pointing out difference between the male and female species of population) :wink:

P.S: "Mate" is a gender-neutral form of addressing a friend (at least in Australia) :notworthy:

P.P.S: I won! I won!! I won again!!! :cute:

armandra!

I'll call wifey "Miss Mate" from today on :tongue:

Well done Natalie :wubclub: go ahead and submit your application :cute:

Guest machang

Congratulations and see you soon :wink:

Guest mada07
Originally Posted by Natalie1981 viewpost.gif

Hi people, after asking for even more info a few weeks ago, you can now turn us Blue!! Vic said yes! We can now apply for the Visa!!! Yay!!! So pleased! It seems like an eternity we've waited! I was starting to go slightly insane! Now we have the next big wait ahead of us! Hope everyone is well!

Congrats Natalie, it is really a good news!

Big Congratulations Natalie :jiggy:

Archived