new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest la la
I believe it is positive La La. You better get the assessment & send them as soon :biggrin:

Thanks Oz or Not to Oz.

Your comment makes me feel hopeful!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Have a great weekend!

la la

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest la la
My friend got a similar email as she din't have her skills assessment ready. She emailed her skill assessment about 2 weeks later and got her state sponsorship in 3 days.

I say get ready for the celebration :)

All the best!!

Thanks tcillc :biggrin:

I will not delay in sending the assessment documents.

I am certainly hoping that it will be good news. :rolleyes:

Have a great weekend

la la

Guest auzsci

So sorry about all the rejections this week. :hug::hug::hug: I hope there'll be more good news next week. Hang in there all you greens...

Uli, hope you're having a lovely holiday. :biggrin:

All the guys with VIC SS - hope you're busy getting your 176 lodged but do drop in and offer your support to our fellow Vickings! :wink:

I'm planning our validation trip. Getting a bit excited now as it seems so real now... I hope you'll get to that stage very soon. Good luck everyone!

So sorry about all the rejections this week. :hug::hug::hug: I hope there'll be more good news next week. Hang in there all you greens...

All the guys with VIC SS - hope you're busy getting your 176 lodged but do drop in and offer your support to our fellow Vickings! :wink:

I'm planning our validation trip. Getting a bit excited now as it seems so real now... I hope you'll get to that stage very soon. Good luck everyone!

That is great auzsci :) I wish you the best. :cute: Can I ask how did you apply for the 176 application (I mean whether it's online or on papers) & how much time did it take under processing? I'm actually waiting for the file number as I applied on papers & would like to get any clue :huh:

Guest redprimrose
That is great auzsci :) I wish you the best. :cute: Can I ask how did you apply for the 176 application (I mean whether it's online or on papers) & how much time did it take under processing? I'm actually waiting for the file number as I applied on papers & would like to get any clue :huh:

It takes more than 3 weeks to receive file number.

It takes more than 3 weeks to receive file number.

Oh thanks rose. I didn't know that. But if they suspend applications before I get file number, do you know whether this will influence applications like my case? (received by DIAC and without file number)

Hi everyone,

I also would like to offer my sincere best wishes to one and all of my fellow Vikings. I was praying that all would be sorted by the 15 Apr like bob said, alas we still have some green.

To update you all on my journey: my 176 was e-lodged 14 Apr and I received a TRN almost immediately. The TRN has been sent to Victoria and I'm just waiting for DIAC to acknowledge form 1100 from Vic.

The processing time for cat 2 now is so quick. Once DIAC receive form 1100 a CO is allocated within a week!!!

I wish you all good luck......yoyo is with each and everyone of you xx

Hi everyone,

I also would like to offer my sincere best wishes to one and all of my fellow Vikings. I was praying that all would be sorted by the 15 Apr like bob said, alas we still have some green.

To update you all on my journey: my 176 was e-lodged 14 Apr and I received a TRN almost immediately. The TRN has been sent to Victoria and I'm just waiting for DIAC to acknowledge form 1100 from Vic.

The processing time for cat 2 now is so quick. Once DIAC receive form 1100 a CO is allocated within a week!!!

I wish you all good luck......yoyo is with each and everyone of you xx

Glad to know news of our companions :cute: my best wishes yoyo

Guest Mongobear

Heyho VICings,

daddy's back aboard ! :policeman: We had a wonderful week in Turkey with lots of sun, fun and all inclusive food. fat_belly_woman.gif

I'm just about to read all the posts of the last week. Hope I will only read good news.

By the way ... we've got a CO :jiggy:

Cheers

Uli

Guest Mongobear

You're in buddy. Thanks for joining and best of luck for your application.

Name: wasim

Date of SMP application: 13th Jan 2011

Trade/profession: 261399 (C#)

Nationality: Bangladeshi

IELTS (if applicable): 6.5 (6/6/6.5/7.5)

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested: requested commitment statement

SS received:

comments:

Guest Mongobear

You're in as well and congrats for your grant.

Name: vensun

Date of SMP application: 06-Dec-2010

Trade/profession: ICT261111_Business Analyst

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 8.5 (8.5/9/7.5/8.5)

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received: 13-Apr-11

comments: applied for VIC even before I applied for ACS or IELTS and updated VIC as and when I had them

thnx all first up. tremendous thread providing hope to all VIC aspirants. sorry but had been a mute witness so far but used to check this thread at least 4 times a day.

Further details on my application:

Business Analyst in Banking domain. Worked for some of the Big 5 banking clients with my employers (IT services companies). US and UK experience, one year each (on deputation). No technological background - that is to say no J2EE, .Net et al. No Australian experience. Showed way more than 20k AUD as funds available. Applied for ACS and sat IELTS AFTER I had applied for VIC SS. Received delay mails thrice.

Any further details, just ask and I am more than happy to contribute.

cheers

Guest Mongobear

Hey georgito,

sorry for having to turn you brown. Is there a chance for you to qualify under the new points systems maybe?

Cheers

Uli

Hello Guys, Turn me Brown, another rejection (No demand). Here are my details

Name: georgito

Date of SMP application: 5th + 21st Dec 2010

Trade/profession: ICT 2231-79 (Linux)

Nationality: Salvadorean

IELTS (if applicable): 6.5

SS received: Rejected April 13th

Have worked in banking sector. (F500) company.

This is a great forum with a bunch of knowledge, keep posting...:em4600::em4600::em4600:

Guest Mongobear

Sorry for that lightning but good to see you have an alternative plan to get out of that mess.

Best of luck for your 175 !

Uli

turn me brown. No job offer.

After a long time waiting, I am getting really exhausted...

But the good thing is that I can quickly get to 175!

Wish others good luck!

My experience:

3 years of work experience

global headquartered company

top 10 software company in the world.

IELTS: overall 7

Guest Mongobear

Wow, so many refusals. The December ratio doesn't look very well at the moment. It seems to me that VIC somewhat honoured those who applied right at the very beginning since there are a comparably few grants for later applications. Anyway, sorry activa and keep your eyes and ears open and don't give up. Where's a will, there's a way !

You can turn me brown. "no demand", which is a little weird as I have been working as a software architect in the field of mobile applications (iPhone/iPad/Android/...) for the last 3 years and have a total of +20 years of professional experience as a developer/architect. The mobile applications market is "smoking hot" in Europe and North America, but I guess Australia doesn't have iPhones and iPads yet :-)

No plan B though... unless the new points system doesn't go ahead on July 1st.

Guest Mongobear

You're in tysee. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Thanks

Uli

Please add me in guys:

Name: Tycsee

Date of SMP Application: 27th Nov '10 (Got acknowledgment email on 15th Dec)

Trade/profession: 261399 ICT NEC (Oracle)

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 8 OA

Visa type: 176 if SS approved

SS received:

comments:Waiting!

Guest Mongobear

Hey blech,

sorry for the refusal. Go for the 175 instead and you'll see they are really moving fast.

Good luck buddy

Uli

Turn me brown.:cry:

Now is really time to apply for 175. Thanks guys for this forum. Wish good luck all of you.

Hey VICings,

anyone alive? Where are you all? It's Monday. Where's my crew ?

Cheers

Uli

The crew is busy rowing Uli, unlike you who got himself into a show of belly dancing, as it seems :wink:

Congrats for getting CO and me sure you gonna get the visa too in no time!! :hug:

armandra!

Archived