The best time to trade forex...

B1K3R

So I was reading an article and it said that a typical trading day starts with New Zealand, before moving across to Australia, Japan and Asia, Europe and North America.

The UK and the US markets account for around half of the total world market, therefore the times at which both are open are particularly busy. The following are the overlapping timings.

- New York Market trade times: 1pm - 9pm GMT

- London Market trade times: 7am - 5pm GMT

- Great Britain Market trade times: 8am - 4pm GMT

- Tokyo Market trade times: 8pm - 4am GMT

- Australia Market trade times: 12am - 8am GMT

There are two times when two of the major markets overlap during trading hours,

- between 7am and 9am GMT for Asian/European markets and

- between 1pm to 5pm GMT for European/U.S. markets.

The market is open 24 hours a day but this doesn't mean that it is always active.

So, does anyone of you know if these overlapping times, in general gives a higher probability of getting a better rate? I'm just wondering here if there is in fact a good time of the day where its best to transfer currency.

Cheers

B!K3R

So I was reading an article and it said that a typical trading day starts with New Zealand, before moving across to Australia, Japan and Asia, Europe and North America.

The UK and the US markets account for around half of the total world market, therefore the times at which both are open are particularly busy. The following are the overlapping timings.

- New York Market trade times: 1pm - 9pm GMT

- London Market trade times: 7am - 5pm GMT

- Great Britain Market trade times: 8am - 4pm GMT

- Tokyo Market trade times: 8pm - 4am GMT

- Australia Market trade times: 12am - 8am GMT

There are two times when two of the major markets overlap during trading hours,

- between 7am and 9am GMT for Asian/European markets and

- between 1pm to 5pm GMT for European/U.S. markets.

The market is open 24 hours a day but this doesn't mean that it is always active.

So, does anyone of you know if these overlapping times, in general gives a higher probability of getting a better rate? I'm just wondering here if there is in fact a good time of the day where its best to transfer currency.

Cheers

B!K3R

It makes bugger all difference in the scheme of things. Don't become a slave to the exchange rate.:wubclub:

(But if you want to gamble check out what weekly reports of significance are being released then take a 50-50 gamble - you may end a 2 cents better off, or 2 cents worse off).

Good luck!