Yikes!! 176 ACT ss cat 2 CO today

Guest mikka711

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikka711

Thanks armandra:biggrin:

Just waiting for a couple of med reports, and the police checks - and also just finishing off the awful form 80:twitcy: What did you decide to do about your form 80 in the end?:v_SPIN:

Guest archisami
Thanks armandra:biggrin:

Just waiting for a couple of med reports, and the police checks - and also just finishing off the awful form 80:twitcy: What did you decide to do about your form 80 in the end?:v_SPIN:

oh mikka711 you haven't finished your Form 80 yet? So we are in the same boat.Thanks for your advice and I decided to add the recent trips in the updated form.By the way,do you have any idea how long it takes for DIAC to check this form?(I've heard that some other departments specially security ones help DIAC in checking form 80!).

Good luck Mikka711

Guest mikka711

Cheers, lol nearly finished form 80 - been doing a bit each day, as I tried to do it all in one go and made too many mistakes so started again:wacko:

I don't know how long it takes for ASPC to get form 80 checked TBH, but once you're asked for meds and PCCs you're on the home strait to the visa grant (I often wondered if we'd ever get to this stage with all the ups and downs of DIAC's changes!), so hopefully the checks shouldn't take too long Archisami:v_SPIN:

Guest archisami
Cheers, lol nearly finished form 80 - been doing a bit each day, as I tried to do it all in one go and made too many mistakes so started again:wacko:

I don't know how long it takes for ASPC to get form 80 checked TBH, but once you're asked for meds and PCCs you're on the home strait to the visa grant (I often wondered if we'd ever get to this stage with all the ups and downs of DIAC's changes!), so hopefully the checks shouldn't take too long Archisami:v_SPIN:

Hi mikka711,

Thanks for your positive energy but as I finished the updated Form80 and sent it and asked the CO about the next step, here is his respond:"Thanks, I have received the Form 80s.

Please do not go ahead with the medicals or penals. The reason is because

your application now needs to undergo mandatory internal checking.

I will advise at a later date on what is happening next. Unfortunately,

this checking can take a considerable amount of time.":confused:

I don't know whats the meaning of "mandatory internal checking of application", I thought that the form80 must be checked only.I wanna call him tomorrow and ask him to clarify his answer. Does anybody know can I talk to CO by phone, I mean does the operator connect me to him?

Hi mikka711,

Thanks for your positive energy but as I finished the updated Form80 and sent it and asked the CO about the next step, here is his respond:"Thanks, I have received the Form 80s.

I don't know whats the meaning of "mandatory internal checking of application", I thought that the form80 must be checked only.I wanna call him tomorrow and ask him to clarify his answer. Does anybody know can I talk to CO by phone, I mean does the operator connect me to him?

Hi,can I ask where you are from,as we are wondering about this Form 80? We are in the UK!

Thank's

Steve+Wendy:wideeyed:

Guest bilaln30
Hi mikka711,

Internal checks means checking of your Form 80 by another agency- most probably it would be ASIO. These Form 80 checks take lot of time, in my case it is taking more than 9 months. I dont think you need to contact CO. Just hold your horses and wait.

Guest mikka711
Internal checks means checking of your Form 80 by another agency- most probably it would be ASIO. These Form 80 checks take lot of time, in my case it is taking more than 9 months. I dont think you need to contact CO. Just hold your horses and wait.

:shocked:Flippin 'eck more than 9 months:wacko:

They better not try that on with us - our CO specifically asked for our meds and PCC checks at the same time as requesting form 80, and she made a point of asking us to let her know as soon as we'd got a date for our medicals - we're really not in a position foot the bill if lengthy checks mean our meds etc expire and they have to be re-done.

Just when you think you've turned a corner with this visa malarkey, something else comes along to bite you in the rear:twitcy:Oh well no-one said it would be easy...

Chin up, good luck everyone:v_SPIN:

Archived