Yikes!! 176 ACT ss cat 2 CO today

Guest mikka711

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Claire

How much have they quoted you at Manchester? I was going to call them today, but didn't get chance.

(Sorry if you've posted this on another thred, but I'm doing it on my phone and it's really fiddly to search through threads).

Hi,My wife phoned today and they told her it would be 2 different prices, it depends if you need a Hepititas B or C Test also?? I think it is about £270-£300 as someone quoted on another thread on here,as they are going for thier tests this Sat, but at a different area as they are from Birmingham!!

Hope this helps?

Steve+Wendy :confused:

Hi,My wife phoned today and they told her it would be 2 different prices, it depends if you need a Hepititas B or C Test also?? I think it is about £270-£300 as someone quoted on another thread on here,as they are going for thier tests this Sat, but at a different area as they are from Birmingham!!

Hope this helps?

I take it that is the adult price. Did you get a price for kids?

Guest mikka711

Hope this helps?

lol Steve that's us going for Brum meds this Saturday:wink:

Claireg here are the prices that they quoted us all-inc, bloods, etc:

£275 per adult

£110 for DS1 (he's 13 so has to have a chest x-ray)

£50 each for DS2 and DD as they're both under 11.

= £760. Price includes courier to Sydney.

They can send your meds electronically instead, but that's an extra £20.

HTH:v_SPIN:

lol Steve that's us going for Brum meds this Saturday:wink:

Claireg here are the prices that they quoted us all-inc, bloods, etc:

£275 per adult

£110 for DS1 (he's 13 so has to have a chest x-ray)

£50 each for DS2 and DD as they're both under 11.

= £760. Price includes courier to Sydney.

They can send your meds electronically instead, but that's an extra £20.

HTH:v_SPIN:

Whoops! I think i was a little confused! lol

Guest kirills
For all of us (ACT SMPs) who have not heard from a CO yet - I rang DIAC this morning and the lady on the phone confirmed that the files of all ACT SMPs had been allocated and it might be upto a week before a CO contacts us since each of them has a bunch of cases to go through and the CO might just not have come to our file yet....

hello everyone. unfortunately my agent is out of reach this week and I can't get any news from him so I wonder - do those who's already got the CO see the change of their status in e-visa system on DIAC site? I don't see it in mine so does it mean that the CO still hasn't got my file?

hello everyone. unfortunately my agent is out of reach this week and I can't get any news from him so I wonder - do those who's already got the CO see the change of their status in e-visa system on DIAC site? I don't see it in mine so does it mean that the CO still hasn't got my file?

Nothing on my e-visa has changed but my agent and my husband have both spoken with DIAC and we have a case officer.

Guest kirills
Nothing on my e-visa has changed but my agent and my husband have both spoken with DIAC and we have a case officer.

this is really good. so I'll be hoping that I also have one but it's just my agent who went on vocation in the most inappropriate time for me didn't tell me yet.

Hi,we have a case officer and have been asked (Via Email) to have or Med and Police Checks done and let them know within 28 days of receiving the email that we have at least booked them,he said a Reciept or other evidence will be ok to confirm we have done this!

Also,to verify this we phoned Adelaide just to make sure and they were very helpfull.

We have looked at our online page and nothing has changed,still says they are waiting for everything we have sent and they have told us a while ago that they have received everything, except police and Meds! Wich we haven't sorted out yet?

Hope this helps?

Steve+Wendy :chatterbox:

Guest kirills
Hi,we have a case officer and have been asked (Via Email) to have or Med and Police Checks done and let them know within 28 days of receiving the email that we have at least booked them,he said a Reciept or other evidence will be ok to confirm we have done this!

Also,to verify this we phoned Adelaide just to make sure and they were very helpfull.

We have looked at our online page and nothing has changed,still says they are waiting for everything we have sent and they have told us a while ago that they have received everything, except police and Meds! Wich we haven't sorted out yet?

Hope this helps?

Steve+Wendy :chatterbox:

yes it does help a lot. As I said all correspondence iwith diac is going thru my agent and he is out of reach so I can't find anything out - they even do not respond to my e-mails saying that this is not the e-mail which they have for correspondence. I should ring them on Monday and try to clear everything out.

yes it does help a lot. As I said all correspondence iwith diac is going thru my agent and he is out of reach so I can't find anything out - they even do not respond to my e-mails saying that this is not the e-mail which they have for correspondence. I should ring them on Monday and try to clear everything out.

Hi,yes you should phone them on monday and they might help you out if you can give them some info that only you will no, as they prob won't tell you anything if you don't do that as you could be anyone?

We have done everything ourselves so far and it's not excactly rocket Science!!! But can be Stressfull at times, so sometimes having a Agent can be more stressfull plus the added expense?

Hope you get things sorted out soon?

Steve+Wendy:spinny:

Guest mikka711

Phew, got the meds done this morning...

...had gotten into a bit of a tizzy about them beforehand, but - apart from requesting more info on myself and DD for our asthma - in the end they were fine.

(For anyone with asthma booking meds, the panel doc said the extra info request was just standard proceedure as one of my inhalers was apparently a bit strong(??))

The five of us were done in two hours. What struck me was how busy it got, our appointment was 8.45am and within an hour the place was full! The admin lady told OH that they'd been snowed under recently with bookings from Oz applicants, guess it must be linked to the recent release of the some of the SMPs.

Having done the meds, I must now tackle the demands of the hideously demanding Form 80:eek: List every holiday/short-break outside of the UK over the last 10 years etc...:goofy:

Steve+Wendy and Lavender, have you booked yours meds yet?? Good luck everyone heading for the panel doctor:v_SPIN:

...had gotten into a bit of a tizzy about them beforehand, but - apart from requesting more info on myself and DD for our asthma - in the end they were fine.

(For anyone with asthma booking meds, the panel doc said the extra info request was just standard proceedure as one of my inhalers was apparently a bit strong(??))

The five of us were done in two hours. What struck me was how busy it got, our appointment was 8.45am and within an hour the place was full! The admin lady told OH that they'd been snowed under recently with bookings from Oz applicants, guess it must be linked to the recent release of the some of the SMPs.

Having done the meds, I must now tackle the demands of the hideously demanding Form 80:eek: List every holiday/short-break outside of the UK over the last 10 years etc...:goofy:

Steve+Wendy and Lavender, have you booked yours meds yet?? Good luck everyone heading for the panel doctor:v_SPIN:

Hi,thanks for the info wich helps a lott. No we havent booked our Meds yet,just waiting for a reply to a question I sent the other day to our C/O. What is this Form 80 and does everyone have to fill one in,as we havent heard of this?

Thanks

Steve+Wendy:confused:

No, I haven't booked yet. Work has been ridiculously hectic the last couple of days, so I haven't even had time to ring about them yet. I am trying to decide whether to go to B'ham or Manchester. Manchester seems a lot cheaper and there seems to be the online option (I assume this means they just send them online?), but they don't do Saturdays. Did B'ham say there was the option of sending them online?

I have got to book them on Monday or I'll be kicking myself.

Guest mikka711

Hi Lavender, re sending the meds electronically, Birmingham can do this - when first called through to go over the forms just let them know, and they'll add the £20 admin fee on top of your medicals cost. The staff member actually said they preferred sending them electronically, she said it's a day or so to manually imput the info to email to Sydney, and then up to 12 days for the blood results and xrays.

If you're considering Brum do check what slots they have for Saturdays - we were originally offered Tue Nov 29th, but she then told us to ring back as two slots - today and Sat 27th - may come up as people had dropped out. So we were lucky enough to get an early slot this morning.

I was really shocked at just how many Oz visa applicants there were in the immi waiting room at Handsworth Wood this morning - staff said they were inundated due to the release of some SMPs. I guess waiting times for UK panel docs will start to get longer as the rest of the migration plans are released, so I really wouldn't hang about with the booking..

Also, because we couldn't fill our med forms in online, we obv had to do the forms, but the admin lady offered to post the forms back to us when they'd finished with them, so I was like, ta very much! So if you want your forms back cos you're sending e-meds, always worth asking them.

We had a good, efficient, friendly service - panel doc was great with the kids, lol - glad to have got the meds done, just have to break the back of form 80 now:wacko:

Guest mikka711
Hi,just looked at Form 80 and now know what you mean!!!! Doh!!

Thanks

Steve+Wendy

Lol - trust me Steve+Wendy you don't wanna know about flamin Form 80:goofy::arghh::swoon:if you haven't been asked for it just keep your head down and thank your lucky stars:twitcy:

No, I haven't booked yet. Work has been ridiculously hectic the last couple of days, so I haven't even had time to ring about them yet. I am trying to decide whether to go to B'ham or Manchester. Manchester seems a lot cheaper and there seems to be the online option (I assume this means they just send them online?), but they don't do Saturdays. Did B'ham say there was the option of sending them online?

I have got to book them on Monday or I'll be kicking myself.

Definately get them booked as they are busy. Birmingham couldn't do any of the dates that I could so we went to Manchester who were also considerably cheaper. The doctor was brilliant - and the staff super efficient. I had a potential issue on my meds due to high BMI and he explained clearly that he would do an additional glucose test but if it wasn't satisfactory he'd call to recommend I did another via my GP prior to his submission. I've had messages from quite a few other people who did their meds that week and I know other doctors weren't as open or straightforward about potential issues. On that basis I'd recommend Manchester for cost and quality of service.

Good luck all of you. Final round of forms and you're done! :biggrin:

Guest archisami

Hi,

Fortunately I got a CO today but I am not sure to celebrate because as I expected to be asked for Medicals,he wanted me to update form 80 within 28 days and I don't know why?Nothing has changed except two holidays out of country which I am not sure to declare it because it would make the form checking more longer.

I appreciate any advice.

Guest mikka711
Hi,

Fortunately I got a CO today but I am not sure to celebrate because as I expected to be asked for Medicals,he wanted me to update form 80 within 28 days and I don't know why?Nothing has changed except two holidays out of country which I am not sure to declare it because it would make the form checking more longer.

I appreciate any advice.

It might be better to just update form 80 with your two holidays - supposing you don't declare them and they find out anyway? They might not look on that favourably and you don't want to do anything that could jeopardise your getting the visa...

If it was me, I would just declare anyway...if you've waited for a visa as long as many people on PIO, a couple of days extra checking shouldn't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck whatever you decide:v_SPIN:

Archived