Yikes!! 176 ACT ss cat 2 CO today

Guest mikka711

Guest kirills

Matjones, who applied early 2009, rang them and they weren't very forthcoming!
I wonder then why do they say that everyony who applied before May2010 is being considered by a CO?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly frustrating... good news though, an ACT friend of mine from Sept 08 just got CO too.

That's good! I had fully resigned myself to being eternally patient, but when things start moving again and you're still waiting, it's very annoying. I know it's only been 3 days since they started allocating Case Officers, but it seems like a lifetime.

It would be nice to change my habits of the last year or so and not check my emails last thing at night and first thing in the morning. lol!

I'm convinced they've got all the printed out applications and a gust of wind has blown mine under a filing cabinet!

Guest mikka711

Maybe it means your CO is struggling to find the time to get in touch - I remember reading somewhere that each CO is dealing with up to 30 applicants at a time...if dates have changed on your status page and documents are saying things like met and requested then you surely must have a CO:biggrin:

Hope you get your confirmation soon - have you booked your meds yet?:v_SPIN:

Maybe it means your CO is struggling to find the time to get in touch - I remember reading somewhere that each CO is dealing with up to 30 applicants at a time...if dates have changed on your status page and documents are saying things like met and requested then you surely must have a CO:biggrin:

Hope you get your confirmation soon - have you booked your meds yet?:v_SPIN:

OMG! At 09:40 received an email from my agent with DIAC requesting medicals and police checks!

We already sent off for Police Checks which should be back with us this week and our medicals are booked for Saturday 20th November!

:goofy::biggrin::chatterbox::wink:

Guest mikka711
OMG! At 09:40 received an email from my agent with DIAC requesting medicals and police checks!

We already sent off for Police Checks which should be back with us this week and our medicals are booked for Saturday 20th November!

:goofy::biggrin::chatterbox::wink:

Fabulous!!!!:biggrin: Really pleased for you! Which team are you with? We're Team 4.. gonna book our meds today for either 27th or 29th November:v_SPIN:

Hi All.

We applied to the DIAC 20th August 2010 and just got a C/O 15th Nov 2010. We are SS with Canberra and I am on The SMP List, so now a CAT 2.

Hope This Helps People?

Steve+Wendy

Congratulations! That was extremely quick. Any ideas why it went through so quickly? What's your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Guest perfectstranger

For all of us (ACT SMPs) who have not heard from a CO yet - I rang DIAC this morning and the lady on the phone confirmed that the files of all ACT SMPs had been allocated and it might be upto a week before a CO contacts us since each of them has a bunch of cases to go through and the CO might just not have come to our file yet....

Guest mikka711
Hi clickettuk, Where are you from are you in the Uk? I am just wondering as we now have a C/O and have been asked to get our Police and Medical checks done, also can I ask How Much Each For Medicals?

Thank's

Steve+Wendy

hiya

We're doing our meds this Saturday at Handsworth Wood - not local to you I know, and I think prices may vary between panel docs - but FYI they've quoted us:

£275 per adult

£110 for DS1 (he's 13 so has to have a chest x-ray)

£50 each for DS2 and DD as they're both under 11.

= £760. Price includes courier to Sydney. They can send your meds electronically instead, but that's an extra £20.

And they told us it'll take 12 days for them to process the meds HTH:v_SPIN:

Guest mikka711
For all of us (ACT SMPs) who have not heard from a CO yet - I rang DIAC this morning and the lady on the phone confirmed that the files of all ACT SMPs had been allocated and it might be upto a week before a CO contacts us since each of them has a bunch of cases to go through and the CO might just not have come to our file yet....

Nice one - so hopefully it's just a matter of a few days for the rest of the allocated ACTers to come through! Great stuff:v_SPIN:

hiya

We're doing our meds this Saturday at Handsworth Wood - not local to you I know, and I think prices may vary between panel docs - but FYI they've quoted us:

£275 per adult

£110 for DS1 (he's 13 so has to have a chest x-ray)

£50 each for DS2 and DD as they're both under 11.

= £760. Price includes courier to Sydney. They can send your meds electronically instead, but that's an extra £20.

And they told us it'll take 12 days for them to process the meds HTH:v_SPIN:

Hi,thank's for the info. My Wife Wendy is going to make a few phone calls tomorow to check costs and when we can get our Meds done! We are from Blackpool, so looks like Manchester for us?

Steve+Wendy +(Georgia).:biggrin:

Congratulations! That was extremely quick. Any ideas why it went through so quickly? What's your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Hi not sure why it is happening so quickly,just that since The SMP for Canberra has been finilised and I am on The List! (Motor Mechanic).

Steve+Wendy+(Georgia).:biggrin:

Guest mikka711
Hi,thank's for the info. My Wife Wendy is going to make a few phone calls tomorow to check costs and when we can get our Meds done! We are from Blackpool, so looks like Manchester for us?

Steve+Wendy +(Georgia).:biggrin:

Good luck with the meds - wish me luck trying to get a 13 year old out of bed:SLEEP:at 7am this Saturday:v_SPIN:

Hi not sure why it is happening so quickly,just that since The SMP for Canberra has been finilised and I am on The List! (Motor Mechanic).

Steve+Wendy+(Georgia).:biggrin:

Congratulations on your CO. I thought ours was quick, we lodged in May this year.

I posted on another thread about how long meds from manchester take as that is where we are going. I was told they upload them on-line, takes about 24 hours to appear with DIAC. The blood tests take about a week.

Cheers

Claire

Congratulations on your CO. I thought ours was quick, we lodged in May this year.

I posted on another thread about how long meds from manchester take as that is where we are going. I was told they upload them on-line, takes about 24 hours to appear with DIAC. The blood tests take about a week.

Cheers

Claire

Hi,thak's for your reply. Where about in Canberra are you going?

Steve+Wendy :biggrin:

Cheers

Claire

Hi Claire

How much have they quoted you at Manchester? I was going to call them today, but didn't get chance.

(Sorry if you've posted this on another thred, but I'm doing it on my phone and it's really fiddly to search through threads).

Hi Claire

How much have they quoted you at Manchester? I was going to call them today, but didn't get chance.

(Sorry if you've posted this on another thred, but I'm doing it on my phone and it's really fiddly to search through threads).

I didn't ask as we are not planning on getting them done til 1 March 2011. We need them for 2 adults and 2 kids (1 will only be 4 weeks old) and the other about 22 months by next March.

I think I have seen other threads that adults are approx £250 - £300 each depending on where you go. Kids are cheaper but not sure what though.