English spelling and grammar

KY9

I've been following these threads for a few years and have come across numerous posts using very bad grammar and spelling by people who "claim" to have high qualifications. Sometimes the same people are finding it difficult to find employment in Aus.

Maybe this news item will open a few eyes and minds.

Indian websites do your homework for $2 | News.com.au

I actually worked for an Indian company in Dubai for a few years and their level of education would put many UK visa applicants to shame.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been following these threads for a few years and have come across numerous posts using very bad grammar and spelling by people who "claim" to have high qualifications. Sometimes the same people are finding it difficult to find employment in Aus.

I actually worked for an Indian company in Dubai for a few years and their level of education would put many UK visa applicants to shame.

Geet a liffe:dull:

My english and grammer is pretty good,,,, when i want it to be.

On a chat forum i dont really see the need as long as my post can be understood.Its the same with members who arent crash hot at spelling,,as long as i can understand what they are saying who really gives a toss!!!

My hubby cant spell for peanuts but he has made a very succesful life for himself and our family using his hands and the skills he learnt,,what works for some doesnt for others.

Cal x

My english and grammer is pretty good,,,, when i want it to be.

On a chat forum i dont really see the need as long as my post can be understood.Its the same with members who arent crash hot at spelling,,as long as i can understand what they are saying who really gives a toss!!!

My hubby cant spell for peanuts but he has made a very succesful life for himself and our family using his hands and the skills he learnt,,what works for some doesnt for others.

Cal x

Exactly anyone who " has spent a few years watching our threads and noting grammar errors " needs to get a life :shocked:, like you say cal as long as you get the drift of the post who gives a toss:yes:.

As long as posts are understandable then that's all that matters. We don't make people sit an English exam before joining.

Fank gawd 4 that:laugh:

Guest Working to fish
As long as posts are understandable then that's all that matters. We don't make people sit an English exam before joining.

There is sort of a small test when you join ,and i have joined loads of times :shocked::shocked:

Guest guest30038

And your point is? So someone in an Indian company, located in Dubai, has a higher level of education than a Brickie, electrician, or other tradie applying for a Visa? I thought that may be patently obvious, unless of course you were somewhat uneducated :biglaugh:

I wonder if all these Indian folk with a "higher level of education" would put my mate, who's currently applying for a visa, to shame?..............he's a professor of marine biology............thick as a brick in social situations and not one iota of common sense............but his finest asset is that he doesn't judge others on their level of education...............or make distinctions based on race.

kev

Guest sunnyday

Have you been marking us out of 10?:unsure: Hope I passed and everyfink :wideeyed:

Guest guest30038
Have you been marking us out of 10?:unsure: Hope I passed and everyfink :wideeyed:

You skored nuffink you fick git :wink: :biglaugh:

kev

Guest sunnyday
You skored nuffink you fick git :wink: :biglaugh:

kev

Grate !!!! I is stuffed then innit, whos gonna employed me nowe:eek::biggrin:

Guest guest36762

I freely admit that if a post is absolutely riddled with poor grammar and appalling spelling, I crack the sh4ts, so to speak. Snob? Absobleedinlutely.

I know the above will pee off all the 'oh I'm a not a snob and I cannot stand people who are' brigade on here which forms the vast majority.

But that's just how I feel and I know a fair few pio members who feel exactly the same way.

It has nothing to do with class btw pablo.

Guest Working to fish
I freely admit that if a post is absolutely riddled with poor grammar and appalling spelling, I crack the sh4ts, so to speak. Snob? Absobleedinlutely.

I know the above will pee off all the 'oh I'm a not a snob and I cannot stand people who are' brigade on here which forms the vast majority.

But that's just how I feel and I know a fair few pio members who feel exactly the same way.

It has nothing to do with class btw pablo.

Your so fool of sh!t.:hug:

Guest sunnyday

It has nothing to do with class btw pablo.[/QUO

re read carefully - Im appalled :tongue:

Guest siamsusie
Grate !!!! I is stuffed then innit, whos gonna employed me nowe:eek::biggrin:

I am quite partial to fick nurses, they show more compassion than the literate kind:biggrin:

Guest sunnyday
I am quite partial to fick nurses, they show more compassion than the literate kind:biggrin:

If I find an employer like you I'll be ok then :wink:

I wonder if it's generational thing. In my day (after I'd walked the ten miles to school barefoot in the snow) we had spelling and grammar drummed into us so much that I don't really have to think about it.

From what I saw of the modern educational system in the UK when my (now grown) kids were in school, they got little or nothing of this. They weren't even marked down on exams or essays for glaring errors. We certainly were.

I try not to judge but I find it easier to take seriously a post with good spelling and grammar. It's certainly easier to understand what they're trying to say.

Bob

Archived