Can I change my current visa application?

Robarts Family

Hi,

Sorry to write on here again but I am very confused with it all!

I have applied for a 475 visa SA SS. I put it is as an Office Manager on the 17th Sept 2009. I think this is a CAT 4 as I don't think my job will be on their new SMP list when it comes out.

However, ACT have brought out there list and my job is on it. Can I swap my visa to this state? The visa would have to be a 176 though as they don't do 475.

Would I have to pay for a brand new visa and apply again or just ask for a swap and apply for ACT sponsoship.

Sorry to ask this again but I really need help as I am getting different messages off people.

Thanks in advance for any help given

Jo

Hi Jo,

We were in a similar situation to that which you now find yourself in. We originally applied for a 475 with SA and when my state sponsorship for a 176 with WA came through DIAC confirmed that we would have to apply for another visa. The two of them ran in parallel, so things like the police checks and medicals were submitted to the 176 and they ran concurrent with the 475. Up until recently I believe that you could change a 175 into a 176 as well as a 121 employer sponsored visa, with little charges applied, but that has since changed.

My suggestion would be to apply for the 176 visa as there are more benefits/security you can apply for sooner. However it may be wise to see what others on here suggest or seek advice from a reputable agent. Once our 176 visa was granted we then had to formally withdraw our 475 application. The only thing was, wi hindsight we should have been a little more patient. One question I have is, have you got your minds set on which area you want to settle in? If you are comfortable with living in ACT then the 176 would be best. Morally you are obliged to live and work there, however my understanding is that legally you do not have to. Also from memory the 475 for SA does allow you to work in Adelaide whereas 475's for states such as WA do not allow you to work in Perth and you are required to be based in a regional area.

I am also wondering that as you have submitted the 475, would you fall under the aspect where DIAC have refunded applicants their fees after a period of time, where their application has no hope of being processed in a timely fashion. With this is mind it may well be worth lodging the 176 with ACT. Hopefully you'll get more feedback with better informed PIo'ers.

Good luck with your efforts

Ron R

Hi,

Sorry to write on here again but I am very confused with it all!

I have applied for a 475 visa SA SS. I put it is as an Office Manager on the 17th Sept 2009. I think this is a CAT 4 as I don't think my job will be on their new SMP list when it comes out.

However, ACT have brought out there list and my job is on it. Can I swap my visa to this state? The visa would have to be a 176 though as they don't do 475.

Would I have to pay for a brand new visa and apply again or just ask for a swap and apply for ACT sponsoship.

Sorry to ask this again but I really need help as I am getting different messages off people.

Thanks in advance for any help given

Jo

Hi Jo,

If you change states at this stage, you will have to be careful. Firstly, since Office Manager is a 'Limited' occupation you will have to get your CV verified before lodging your application for sponsorship. My suggestion would be to get your CV verified first. If it is accepted by ACT, you will have to cancel your SA sponsorship before lodging your application with ACT as ACT are very particular on your commitment to their state. They have refused people who have showed interest in other states. For now, just get your CV in order for it to be verified by ACT.

Archived