Next to impossible for current student to apply for 885

Guest tusharjalan

You did not offend me, most people I meet here do not believe me when I say that I have studied English probably for as long as they have, and it is like my first language.

Hopefully, As I said earlier it is just a waiting game now, and assessing where I stand, as I go along.

With regards to feedback, I will send you a PM soon.

Is there any international student - accounting or otherwise, who has managed to get IELTS 7 in each band and successfully applied for the 885 onshore PR visa? I am just curious. I am pretty sure quite a number of you would have got 7 coz it's really not that hard if you are studying at a university where all courses are conducted in English. However, I am just curious as to how many actually got 8 in each band, since a lot of onshore students would be under 25 which means that basically an IELTS score of 8 in all bands is necessary to obtain the pass mark of 65 to be eligible to apply for permanent residency. A show of hands would be appreciated.

Is there any international student - accounting or otherwise, who has managed to get IELTS 7 in each band and successfully applied for the 885 onshore PR visa? I am just curious. I am pretty sure quite a number of you would have got 7 coz it's really not that hard if you are studying at a university where all courses are conducted in English. However, I am just curious as to how many actually got 8 in each band, since a lot of onshore students would be under 25 which means that basically an IELTS score of 8 in all bands is necessary to obtain the pass mark of 65 to be eligible to apply for permanent residency. A show of hands would be appreciated.

I got 8.5 in every test 9 for speaking. I am an international student from Mozambique.

...and English is something I studied at school :yes:

There are many international students who either come from the UK or English speaking countries, who would hopefully get high marks in the IELTS test, so yes is the answer to your question. There were many mature students, including my family member who needed the extra 10 points gained from sitting the IELTS test and scoring high marks, as they lost out on points for their age.

IELTS score; 9 x 3 + 8.5

885 applied for March 2009