Advice for best areas to live in Bunbury?

janey16

Hi we are hopefully moving to the Bunbury area next year and are deciding where we would be best to settle, so far we have looked at Australind, Eaton, Dallyelup and Gelerup. We have a 10yr old into football and cricket and a 7yr old into dancing and horse riding, so we want to find an area which would have enough going on for them. Any advice/opinions most welcome!

Hi, we have freinds that emigrated to bunbury 3 years ago. They have 3 children 2 girls and 1 boy and have freinds in dallyup, college grove and caple etc etc ...... basically they have a great freinds network !

We spent a month with them and there freinds, what a wonderful place and everyone is so so freindly.

And sitting in the cafe watching dolphines ..... wow !

Anyway we love bunbury , they live in Usher and from there house its only a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Good luck !!!!

Hi we are hopefully moving to the Bunbury area next year and are deciding where we would be best to settle, so far we have looked at Australind, Eaton, Dallyelup and Gelerup. We have a 10yr old into football and cricket and a 7yr old into dancing and horse riding, so we want to find an area which would have enough going on for them. Any advice/opinions most welcome!

Hi we live in australind, on our door step, and i mean a hop skip and jump, you have the leisure centre, with football- cricket-pitches as well as tennis - squash courts swimming pool, plus lots more, plenty for all aged kids. At australind you are smack bag in the middle, with perth being about 1hr 20 mins away (north) and with busso being 1hr south. our lovely friends here, have got a house next door to us that they are renting out as a holiday home fully furnished, if i can be of any help plz PM me. good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JenWalford

Hi, I am a real estate agent in Bunbury and having lived here for 5 years now, do know the area very well - you are welcome to contact me if you require any information regarding areas, schools, clubs etc... 0408627852

or email me anytime.

• 2 months later...
Guest dragsterwish
Hi we live in australind, on our door step, and i mean a hop skip and jump, you have the leisure centre, with football- cricket-pitches as well as tennis - squash courts swimming pool, plus lots more, plenty for all aged kids. At australind you are smack bag in the middle, with perth being about 1hr 20 mins away (north) and with busso being 1hr south. our lovely friends here, have got a house next door to us that they are renting out as a holiday home fully furnished, if i can be of any help plz PM me. good luck.

Hi, how about the weather in Bunbury? I'm particularly concerned about the past incidents of Tornados that hit Bunbury especially. Anyone has experience on how often does such extreme weather hit Bunbury area?

Guest JenWalford
Hi, how about the weather in Bunbury? I'm particularly concerned about the past incidents of Tornados that hit Bunbury especially. Anyone has experience on how often does such extreme weather hit Bunbury area?

Hi, dont concern yourself - seriously that Tornado was something that took us all by surprise as we dont see them here. Yes, in winter the winds are strong and can cause some minor issues but not to the extent of the tornado we had in 2006. Extreme weather in Bunbury is not common and something that I would not concern myself with.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deedee35
Hi, I am a real estate agent in Bunbury and having lived here for 5 years now, do know the area very well - you are welcome to contact me if you require any information regarding areas, schools, clubs etc... 0408627852

or email me anytime.

Hi, we're moving to the Australind area probably around the end of August. We have a little boy aged 2 and would like info on local nursery's for him. Also can someone recommend a bank in the local area. We're so excited as we have waiting a efw years to get our visa!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I have lived in Bunbury area for 20 years now originally from Kent. Am in Gelorup. Bunbury is really small. Getting around is really easy! Dalyellup has heaps of young families so may be great place to start off with, the riding school 5 mins away on the highway, and the sports centre about the same in the other direction. Lots of schools and many families new to the area so not cliquey. Dr's surgery, Hospital and new shopping centre etc. Always a good idea to rent for a year and make a decision after that about where to buy. Nothing substitutes for living locally before making the big decision. rent is about $400 per week for a detached 4x2 on about 720 m3. Been a great place to bring up my four kids. Great dancing school in East Bunbury does all styles and lots of comps if you are into that. Closer to Busso and Margaret river than Australind!! Haha! Bring on the competition :-) Good soccer, ( if that is what you mean by football) Beware: here Football is AFL. AFL is like wrestling with a squashed ball. Someone we know started off at a local soccer club here and is now with West Ham. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi Carmen,

we are looking at moving back to Australia in June/July 2016 and want to buy a place but realize that's hard to do without being there in person. So are wanting to rent something for a short period of time until we find a place to settle. Do you friends still rent out their place? We'd be interested. How much do they are per week?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Carmen,

we are looking at moving back to Australia in June/July 2016 and want to buy a place but realize that's hard to do without being there in person. So are wanting to rent something for a short period of time until we find a place to settle. Do you friends still rent out their place? We'd be interested. How much do they are per week?

Thanks in advance!