Farcical Australian migration - rant be warned!

kellyjamie

Afternoon peeps,

so in the light of the new points test which along with all the other changes seems complete and utter bulls%$t to me and i am totally p*&%ed off with it all, mighty ol oz who clearly is the be all and end all and ultimately so great they think they can simply mess with good honest peoples lives.

i have just had a look at the canadian govs immigration pages and they actually want international students there! they have a class of visa whereby after qualifying you complete one years work exp and automatically can apply for PR! with all the new changes in oz the horrific exchange rates i cant honestly see the aussie education sector sustaining its $15billion turnover every year, well done Mr Evans youve committed yet another monumental cockup! I agree whole heartedly that the shambolic colleges should have been better managed but now because you and the previous gov took your eye off the ball the majority will suffer for the minority:mad:

canada believes that students bring culture and experience to their country and that after studying 2/3 years are well placed to fit into the canadian communities so reward that with pr. I understand that nurses and IT folk and construction managers are well qualified professionals and obviously needed, but you cant tell me that in your growing society (who is apparently becoming a super power and to keep that going you will need to continue your population growth) you dont need painters and decorators to paint the new houses that will need to be built, or welfare officers to deal with all the community issues you will suffer from or cooks to feed the kids in the schools you will have to provide????????????????????????????

my god man open your eyes and smell the bloody coffee aarrrggghhhhhh there are other countries in the world that are just as attractive as yours and this whole "we want to pick the most qualified and brightest immigrants" crap is exactly that CRAP! you think that just because someone has had 3 years to sit and complete a phd that makes them any more "brighter" than pete the painter??? we all have different qualities and can offer something to your australian community otherwise we wouldnt all be interested in applying but my god to make it this difficult is an understatement. So with that, after all smps are released and theres full clarification on the points test malarky you watch all the thousands of potential migrants turn their back on you and your wonderful country for pastures new, fairer, and more appreciative!

sorry everyone rant over im away to check out pics of canada!

Kel:wubclub:

Hi Kelly,

I understand your frustration with Australian Immigration. It must be frustrating for someone who wants to emigrate to Australia and then they keep moving the goal posts.

We are heading back to my adopted home of 27 years Canada in 3 weeks. I am so look forward to a lower cost of living, and having the ability to actually buy a house there in a few years, rather than never here. Intrest rates are going up here in Australia again.

So if you do need info on Canada, please PM me

Cheers

Karen

Kelly I hear your frustration, the changing of the visas, eligeability, points etc is by no means a new thing. We first wanted to apply in 2006 and it took us over 3 years before the changing 'requirements' were such that we could apply, we narrowly missed getting caught up in the september 2009 thing and if we had that would've been the point I'd have angrily stuck 2 fingers up and said goodby tbh.

Have you been to Australia?, it's a great place but it's not eutopia. If Canada is an option for you then I think you're right to pursue that, very different but like everywhere it has it's plus points.

With Aus you have to ask if the effort and sacrifice in stability is worth it, for some it is but of course not everyone.

Canada was my first choice to move to,trouble is we'd spent a few grand and lots of stress on getting the visa for oz when one day i see the ad in the paper "CANADA NEEDS BRICKIES"!!!and they did:mad:

I contacted willis brazelot the canada migration group and they said it was right,ah well,too late now,british columbia i planned on going,good luck Kellyjamie whatever you decide:wink:

Afternoon peeps,

so in the light of the new points test which along with all the other changes seems complete and utter bulls%$t to me and i am totally p*&%ed off with it all, mighty ol oz who clearly is the be all and end all and ultimately so great they think they can simply mess with good honest peoples lives.

i have just had a look at the canadian govs immigration pages and they actually want international students there! they have a class of visa whereby after qualifying you complete one years work exp and automatically can apply for PR! with all the new changes in oz the horrific exchange rates i cant honestly see the aussie education sector sustaining its $15billion turnover every year, well done Mr Evans youve committed yet another monumental cockup! I agree whole heartedly that the shambolic colleges should have been better managed but now because you and the previous gov took your eye off the ball the majority will suffer for the minority:mad:

canada believes that students bring culture and experience to their country and that after studying 2/3 years are well placed to fit into the canadian communities so reward that with pr. I understand that nurses and IT folk and construction managers are well qualified professionals and obviously needed, but you cant tell me that in your growing society (who is apparently becoming a super power and to keep that going you will need to continue your population growth) you dont need painters and decorators to paint the new houses that will need to be built, or welfare officers to deal with all the community issues you will suffer from or cooks to feed the kids in the schools you will have to provide????????????????????????????

my god man open your eyes and smell the bloody coffee aarrrggghhhhhh there are other countries in the world that are just as attractive as yours and this whole "we want to pick the most qualified and brightest immigrants" crap is exactly that CRAP! you think that just because someone has had 3 years to sit and complete a phd that makes them any more "brighter" than pete the painter??? we all have different qualities and can offer something to your australian community otherwise we wouldnt all be interested in applying but my god to make it this difficult is an understatement. So with that, after all smps are released and theres full clarification on the points test malarky you watch all the thousands of potential migrants turn their back on you and your wonderful country for pastures new, fairer, and more appreciative!

sorry everyone rant over im away to check out pics of canada!

Kel:wubclub:

So basically you just want to leave the UK, you don't have a particular desire to live in Australia just a desire to get the hell out of where you currently live. Immigrants are coming to Australia now and not being able to find work because there has been such a big influx in the last few years. Would you prefer to come and struggle on a student visa for 3 years, get PR but not be able to get a job at the end of it which is happening to a lot of people here. In parts of Canada the job market is no different and you have the lovely winter to contend with. I loved living in Canada and left a part of my heart there but hell the winters were cold and long. Looks pretty for sure but not easy shovelling your driveway twice a day in winter in -15 degrees in some places.

The government has an obligation to make sure that Australian students graduating from university get a job before overseas students. I have always believed that overseas students came to Australia to get an education they were unable to access in their own country and they would then return to their own country and take up a position there.

Education was never meant to be migration.

Good luck to the Canadians if they want to do that but I have read threads on the Canadian forum in BE which states its not all honky dory there either.

As a rider to the above my daughter did post grad at uni and lived on campus in her residence there were students from South America, Canada, Tanzania and several other African nations. All those students graduated and returned to their own countries. The guy from Tanzania was a pharmacist and he wanted to return to make his contribution to his country as they had given him the chance.

The resident population of a country must take precedence in my view after all they are the ones that have been paying the taxes to make education available.

Australians could not give hoot what others think just ask them.

Guest siamsusie

Kelly, after all you have been through, its time you managed to secure a country that wants YOU, that will appreciate YOU.. one fine day the tables will turn and people do have long memories, and hopefully karma bites them on the bum! I will be watching your posts with delight because you will certainly find your niche in this world.

Btw.. I only came across one of your posts a few weeks ago regarding Tasmania and thank you for that, yes it is a gorgeous state and I am very happy here..but I spent a Post grad year in Canada and loved it, great people, diverse land and who cares about snow, I certainly dont, cosy as, even shovelling the stuff is good exercise lol...

You have fire in your body girl, dont let any immigration minor officialdom dampen it! love Susie xx

i dont believe for a single second anyone has the right to a visa to australia or wherever i believe you have to earn that and for us to do that we HAVE to retrain in a new occupation, we have tried and better tried to obtain employer sponsor in our current occupaton etc but its not happening. now whether we do that here at home, in Australia, Canada or timbuctoo our aim is retrain in an occupation one of us would love to do that will enable us to give our kids a better life and contribute to the economy of wherever we live not just some fly by nite course. Now we also think both Aus and Canada would for us, not all provide a greater lifestyle choice for our family and when it came down to it it was a hard choice which we focused on but chose Australia. It does not come down to wanting to get the hell out of where we are it comes down to Australian immigration is proving to hard for us to obtain which as much as its a blow for us its one of the reasons i think Aus is attractive, so for us its maybe time we turn our efforts to Canada and see if immigration to there is possible and if not then we will have to accept that and get on with our lives here.

i dont think slating the student idea and writing the whole route off is particularly fair but i do think it needs to be managed far more closely than it was, im aware this route is not a favourite on this site so prob best its left unspoken, but my rant wasnt particularly about students it was an overall rant at thow the changes of the past couple of years have impacted on so many would be migrants

kel:wubclub:

p.s lov ya susie god we wish we could come to tassie x

i dont believe for a single second anyone has the right to a visa to australia or wherever i believe you have to earn that and for us to do that we HAVE to retrain in a new occupation, we have tried and better tried to obtain employer sponsor in our current occupaton etc but its not happening. now whether we do that here at home, in Australia, Canada or timbuctoo our aim is retrain in an occupation one of us would love to do that will enable us to give our kids a better life and contribute to the economy of wherever we live not just some fly by nite course. Now we also think both Aus and Canada would for us, not all provide a greater lifestyle choice for our family and when it came down to it it was a hard choice which we focused on but chose Australia. It does not come down to wanting to get the hell out of where we are it comes down to Australian immigration is proving to hard for us to obtain which as much as its a blow for us its one of the reasons i think Aus is attractive, so for us its maybe time we turn our efforts to Canada and see if immigration to there is possible and if not then we will have to accept that and get on with our lives here.

i dont think slating the student idea and writing the whole route off is particularly fair but i do think it needs to be managed far more closely than it was, im aware this route is not a favourite on this site so prob best its left unspoken, but my rant wasnt particularly about students it was an overall rant at thow the changes of the past couple of years have impacted on so many would be migrants

What you are saying is that Australian migration is now crap because it doesn't suit your goals. How about re-training for a new career in the UK and then applying on a skills visa.

Guest siamsusie

Kelly, only YOU know what is/will be right for your wee family, and by god you have been to hell and back not just with immigration.....I cant comment about the Visa side of things, because I am a simpleton... a Spouse Visa was enough for this old bird:laugh:, took me all my time remembering how many children I had hanging out of Noah's Ark!

Richsalt is always a good person to speak to about Student Visas, you will certainly receive an intelligent reply from her:wubclub:!!!

Tasmania will always be here, and you know where you are welcome young lady always B & B here..... you cook whilst I am on PIO:huh:, stay calm and things will happen.

Much love to you:hug: Susie xxxx

Thanks sus xx

Northernbird - not at all im saying i dont agree with the way people have been treated, i accept the gov has to do whats right for its country keep it ticking over but all im saying is i dont agree with the way in which its been done or some of the decisions it made, and no it doesnt match our goals but thats the way it is hence we will look at plan b

Archived