JamesMu

Average salries in Melbourne

Hi all,

I have left a couple of posts recently trying to find info about the kind of lifestyle myself, my fiancee and our daughter can hope to have when we (hopefully) come to live in Melbourne in the next couple of years.

We are looking to live in the Western suburbs, probably Point Cook, and I have worked out from previous answers that a salary of around $70k (it will only be me working) should be enough for us to have a similar kind of lifestlye to what we have in the UK at the moment. So my question now is - how likely am I to find a job that wil pay $70k?!

I currently work in the financial industry and am earning £36k in London By the time we move over I hope to be on approx £45k, and in a position to earn slightly more. Can anyone tell me what kind of percentage of the population earn $70k so i can try to work out what my chances are?

All of your help is appreicated as always!

James

Guest kateandollie

Hi James,

You can have a look at www.seek.com.au, and see what they are paying for your job role in Melbourne.

Guest Toomers

Hi,

The genral rule I have seen on here is take your UK pay and multiple by 2.2, this will then give you the wage you need to earn to have the same standard of living in Melbourne.

Eg £45k = $99k needed.

Jason

Guest jje
Hi,

The genral rule I have seen on here is take your UK pay and multiple by 2.2, this will then give you the wage you need to earn to have the same standard of living in Melbourne.

Eg £45k = $99k needed.

Jason

Do you know if this is in any migration guides or anything else vaguely "official" looking? It would be of great help to show to prospective employers.

Cheers.

Guest Toomers
Do you know if this is in any migration guides or anything else vaguely "official" looking? It would be of great help to show to prospective employers.

Cheers.

Not than I am aware of, I have read it on PIO a few times but I have also been advised this by 3 differant english friends of mine that live in Melbourne.

Guest Manj
Hi all,

IWe are looking to live in the Western suburbs, probably Point Cook, and I have worked out from previous answers that a salary of around $70k (it will only be me working) should be enough for us to have a similar kind of lifestlye to what we have in the UK at the moment. So my question now is - how likely am I to find a job that wil pay $70k?!

James

Hope the following link gives you an idea of the salary scales in your industry

Salary Guides - Hudson