Applying for a 487 while awaiting the outcome of 885

inception

I have already applied for an 885. Since the SMPs have been introduced, I am doubtful that my visa will be processed in the next 2 or 3 years. So, I am thinking whether I should go down the provisional 487 visa route for recent graduates. However, what is bugging me is whether I am allowed to lodge a 487 since I have already lodged an 885. If I am allowed to do this, would you advise me to take the 487 path? How long is the processing time for a provisional visa such as 487? If I have to wait over an year or more for a 487 I don't think it's worth applying since the 885 currently would take 18 months according to DIAC's service charter. Also, if I am granted the 487, one of the conditions of the visa is that I work for 12 months full time. My question is, can I work in ANY occupation or does it have to be related to my nominated occupation for the 487? I am thinking of applying for an 887 after working for 2 years on the 487. Anybody out there on a 487 or has any knowledge of how this visa works? Is the grant of the 887 guaranteed for all 487 visa holders or is there a quota for 887s? I don't know if I am being stupid here but I have a feeling that the provisional path is at least a more secure way than being stuck in category 3 at the moment. What do you guys think?

I have already applied for an 885. Since the SMPs have been introduced, I am doubtful that my visa will be processed in the next 2 or 3 years. So, I am thinking whether I should go down the provisional 487 visa route for recent graduates. However, what is bugging me is whether I am allowed to lodge a 487 since I have already lodged an 885. If I am allowed to do this, would you advise me to take the 487 path? How long is the processing time for a provisional visa such as 487? If I have to wait over an year or more for a 487 I don't think it's worth applying since the 885 currently would take 18 months according to DIAC's service charter. Also, if I am granted the 487, one of the conditions of the visa is that I work for 12 months full time. My question is, can I work in ANY occupation or does it have to be related to my nominated occupation for the 487? I am thinking of applying for an 887 after working for 2 years on the 487. Anybody out there on a 487 or has any knowledge of how this visa works? Is the grant of the 887 guaranteed for all 487 visa holders or is there a quota for 887s? I don't know if I am being stupid here but I have a feeling that the provisional path is at least a more secure way than being stuck in category 3 at the moment. What do you guys think?
Just bumping it up in the hope that this post would catch the eye of a sympathetic forum member. :em4600:

Guest Jane1991

Well do you have state nomination ? If you are going to apply for it then you might as well do a new 886.

If you have relative sponsorship then go for it. Whats a few hundred dollars and its a nice safety net to hedge the risk

Archived