paddygunner

college fees for permanent resident

Can someone please confirm what level fees ( domestic or international) that I will have to pay if I apply to college for a pstgraduate course as a permanent resident.

My understanding is as a PR you pay domestic fees - however, you are not entilted to any type of student surpport such as a loan until you become a citizen. I am looking at also studying a postgraduate course - which are so much more expensive as undergrad - thank goodness we do not have to pay international fees.

Also I quote

Before enrolment

If you are granted permanent residency (PR) in Australia before enrolment, the offer will be withdrawn and you cannot enrol as an international student. You will have to re-apply as a local student and compete with other local students for a place at UTS. You will receive a full refund of international tuition fees paid.

After enrolment

If you are granted permanent residency (PR) in Australia after enrolment you become liable to pay the domestic fee-paying undergraduate or postgraduate tuition fees applicable for your course, rather than international tuition fees.

If you have: