Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Guest cazbob

I second that Prendergasts! this is my last week of work in Dublin and i sure as 'flock' don't want to have to try to get another job... i just want a visa!!!

have you had any news at all yet?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too we're still waiting for our sponsor to be given the go ahead. At least we know they have a CO as they asked for further info just before Christmas. I suppose things wont start moving properly til next week when most of the staff will be finished their leave. Happy new year everyone lets hope 2011 is a better year for us all.

Maria.x

Guest cazbob

Maria,

We seem to be in a similar boat. My employer's sponsorhip was approved end of sept, waiting for nomination to come through now so i can submit for e457. wish it would come through quicker though, hadn't expected the nomination to be the bit that held things up! You're going for SA aswell aren't you?

Caz

Hi Caz,

No the job offer is in NSW still don't know if its to good to be true (4 DAY WEEK 37 HRS) believe me I'm on my knees every night hoping it is (prying by the way):biglaugh:

I thought once your employer had been approved and applied for nomination and sponsorship you could apply at the same time once they gave you a TRN no, Jesus does that mean I will have to wait even longer:cry:

Maria.x

Guest cazbob

ah ok, sometimes i think my jb offer is a mirage too, it's been almost a year since they offered me the job!

My employer applied via post so they don't get a TRN and i can't apply online without it! So I have to wait for the nomination approval number so i'm sitting on my application which is ready to go, front loaded with docs and everything, till the nomination is approved!

if your employer did it online you'll be fine - if i'd posted it i'd probably be fine too but i made the decision, correct or otherwise, to wait it out and do it online in order to speed things up..... fat lot of good it's done me! :(

We got our job offer in Oct our employer is already approved, we eventually got all our paperwork organised at end of November and the Migration agent lodged our application online on the 6th Dec, We were hoping to be in Melbourne at end of Jan so the kid's could start the new term in Feb but don't think that's going to happen now.

Best of luck to all of you looking for visas. Fingers crossed for the year ahead!

We have the movers coming on Saturday morning. It's starting to become real now...

Thats when the fun starts !:biggrin:

where you moving too?

Guest cazbob
We got our job offer in Oct our employer is already approved, we eventually got all our paperwork organised at end of November and the Migration agent lodged our application online on the 6th Dec, We were hoping to be in Melbourne at end of Jan so the kid's could start the new term in Feb but don't think that's going to happen now.

have you had any confirmation of the nomination being accepted?

we were hoping to be down-under the start of feb but we too think this isn't going to happen now, i need to start work in adelaide in April at the very latest so ideally now we'll leave the latter half of feb and that'll give us a little while to get ourselves set up before i start work! :arghh:

not going to enjoy booking flights so soon after the visa comes through coz the prices will be high but i suppose that can't be helped!

Thats when the fun starts !:biggrin:

where you moving too?

Yeah tell me about it. We're both quite stressed at the moment. We think we're mostly prepared but I guess we'll find out when the shippers come!

Heading to Brisbane where my girlfriend is from. Won't get there 'til 10th Feb because we're having a series of goodbye bashes and a bit of a jolly round Europe first. It's good that she has family & friends there though. Nice to have a bit of network to plug into straightaway.

When did you head out to Melbourne? How you finding it?

have you had any confirmation of the nomination being accepted?

we were hoping to be down-under the start of feb but we too think this isn't going to happen now, i need to start work in adelaide in April at the very latest so ideally now we'll leave the latter half of feb and that'll give us a little while to get ourselves set up before i start work! :arghh:

not going to enjoy booking flights so soon after the visa comes through coz the prices will be high but i suppose that can't be helped!

Our Employer is already state approved to sponsor as they recruit people every year from abroad, we got conformation on the 10th of Dec that our application was lodged on the 6th Dec just feels like an eternity waiting on the yea or nea:wacko:, i know what you mean about the flights there's 6 of us in total and it's going to cost about €3600 with etihad with 1 stop over in abu dhabi there is cheaper but with 4 kids i think it's worth the extra few euro to only stop once:smile:, worst part is the exchange rate at the mo hard to believe that your euro that was worth $2.00 in 2009 is now only worth $1.30 ish:err:, ah well just have to hope it improves before we go otherwise we'll just have to take it on the chin.

When do you think you might have word or your application?

Noel & Becky.

Guest cazbob
Our Employer is already state approved to sponsor as they recruit people every year from abroad, we got conformation on the 10th of Dec that our application was lodged on the 6th Dec just feels like an eternity waiting on the yea or nea:wacko:, i know what you mean about the flights there's 6 of us in total and it's going to cost about €3600 with etihad with 1 stop over in abu dhabi there is cheaper but with 4 kids i think it's worth the extra few euro to only stop once:smile:, worst part is the exchange rate at the mo hard to believe that your euro that was worth $2.00 in 2009 is now only worth $1.30 ish:err:, ah well just have to hope it improves before we go otherwise we'll just have to take it on the chin.

When do you think you might have word or your application?

Noel & Becky.

Not a clue mate, was hoping we'd hear about the nomination before xmas so i could submit the e457 - i really wish now that i'd just posted the dam thing!

boss has enquired with their CO but they haven't got any word back yet!

yeah the exchange rate is a pain but we're not selling a house or anything of that sort and we've known it's been low for a while no so there's not much that can be done except take the hit!

€3600 for 6 of ye is pretty good to be honest! :D

We're looking at about €1400 for both of us with Cathay or Qantas but once we have an idea of a date i'll be shopping around! :D

I'll keep the faith and keep pestering the boss or as someone suggested just ring the CO myself and ask them!

Folks,

Any irish in on this thread in Perth. I have started the visa process but have doubts on whether moving is the right thing to do. Married, daughter, house, leaving family behind, fear of making a mistake - all the usual stuff which I am sure you have all gone through.

I am considering Perth and would love to hear from Irish living in Perth.

Looking forward to reading some posts.

Clive

We got some good news today also, our employer has been given the go ahead and asked to submit their nomination. yippee!!! so things are moving in the right direction.

That's great news you'll be over there in no time our visa only took a month to come through and that was including christmas break so yours should be about the same.:smile:

We got some good news today also, our employer has been given the go ahead and asked to submit their nomination. yippee!!! so things are moving in the right direction.

That's brilliant, well done... you'll be there in no time! :D

lets hope mine gets moving again now too!

Archived