You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Rich and Susie 280

Can you use same job offer for a temp 457 while waiting for a perm 121?

Guest Rich and Susie 280

Hi

Please can anyone advise us, that if we are lucky enough to get a job offer that meets all the criteria for both a temporary 457 visa but also for a permanent 121, can we use the same job offer to support both visas?

The reason we ask is that we ideally want the 121, but at the moment it seems like they are taking at least 4-5 months to progress, and it is likely that if we get offered a job the employer will want us their sooner. So can we go through on a temporary 457 to start with, then, when the 121 is ready, leave the country, get it stamped then come back in, continue work on the permanent?

We are currently progressing on a 175 but that is going to take forever, and looks like we can do a free transfer to a 121 with only the employer charges to be paid rather than application fee as well.

So, ideal plan would be, stick with 175 for now, if job offer received, switch 175 to 121, and put new 457 in. use 457 until 121 granted.

Please can anyone confirm if same job could be used or if it would need to be a new job offer for the second visa?

thanks

Susie and Rich

Guest mark&robyn

Hi,

This is what we have done.

Applied 175 (taking ages!!) then applied for nomination 121/856 in the meantime for the same job got the 457.

Now just about to apply for 856 (save us leaving the country) & also can't apply for 121 as fee free as my OH is the the primary applicant!

Yes you can do this. In fact, most employers are giving their sponsored employees a 457 visa first since it is faster and then also applying for the ENS PR 121/856 visa. Since you will be onshore with the 457 visa you just apply for the 856 ENS visa (same as the 121 visa but different number when you are onshore).

Sandra Maxfield LLB (Hons), BA

www.eurekamigration.com; Lawyer admitted in Victoria, Australia & New York, USA. MARN 1066311

Guest Rich and Susie 280

Hi, thats great, thanks! so if I already have a 175 on the go, if we get the 457, can I do a free transfer from a 175 to an 856 or would an 856 have to be a brand new application? I just want to be sure I know what I can and cant do as I have been tripped up by the small details in the past!

thanks again for the replies!:wink:

Hi

Please can anyone advise us, that if we are lucky enough to get a job offer that meets all the criteria for both a temporary 457 visa but also for a permanent 121, can we use the same job offer to support both visas?

The reason we ask is that we ideally want the 121, but at the moment it seems like they are taking at least 4-5 months to progress, and it is likely that if we get offered a job the employer will want us their sooner. So can we go through on a temporary 457 to start with, then, when the 121 is ready, leave the country, get it stamped then come back in, continue work on the permanent?

We are currently progressing on a 175 but that is going to take forever, and looks like we can do a free transfer to a 121 with only the employer charges to be paid rather than application fee as well.

So, ideal plan would be, stick with 175 for now, if job offer received, switch 175 to 121, and put new 457 in. use 457 until 121 granted.

Please can anyone confirm if same job could be used or if it would need to be a new job offer for the second visa?

thanks

Susie and Rich

It needs more than a job offer to support an employer sponsored application, the employer and you would have to go through two nomination processes in the scenario you suggest and they might not want to do that. It is something you would have to work through with them.

It is only the fee that can be transfered from a 175 to a 121 application, it is not that you can change the 175 to a 121, you would definitely need to lodge a new application for that.