Year 11/12 move interstate

Guest cymru

Has anyone moved interstate when their child has just finished year 11 in one state so would need to start year 12 in another state. Is that possible?

It would be good to hear from anyone who has done it.

Thanks

I would think it all depends on which state you are moving from and which state you are moving to. It is perfectly possible but easier to some jurisdictions than others - far easier, for example to move into the ACT system (continuous assessment) than the NSW system (continuous assessment and final examination). You get credit for the year 11 work done but if your curriculum bears little resemblance to the work done in the receiving state then the final exams are going to be a killer.

I'd be going to have a chat with the school to see how they manage a transfer of credit.

Thanks for the info Quoll. I have already done one big interstate move and know there is quite a difference in the education levels. I was wondering about the transferring of credits so will be giving the schools a ring to get more info.

thank you