Dependent children over 18

bennyboy

Hi all,

Sorry if i have asked this question already but cannot find the information and i am panicking.

Does anyone have information and advice on the following?

Is a 19 and 21 year old, living at home but in full time employment, pays house keep, has own car, could move out anytime if they wanted, classed as a dependent?

I am a little confused by the forms that have to be filled in for dependent children over 18. I know they have to be mentioned on form 47sp but not sure if i have to fill in 47A too.

I also have a 6year old so i know he is a dependant but not sure if i fill in 47A for him?

All 3 of my children are Citizens of Australia by descent. They are not migrating i am told as they are citizen's but need to be mentioned on forms.

Also, i am not sure if i need to certify my 2 eldest children's police check certificates, change of name certificates, birth certificates, passports etc.....

Any advice greatly appreciated-again sorry if i have already asked a while ago and if you have kindly responded.:wideeyed:

Thanks, Bennyboy.

Guest scubabud

Hi hun,

unfortunatly your two eldest are not classed as a dependant if they have an income coming in, I had the same recently with my 20 year old daughter, unless they are in full time education they are classed as a non dependant therefore can not be included on your visa application.

hope this help

Marg

• 1 month later...

I was really interested in this question as i have a son on a full time course aged 24 who is very dependant - mainly because there are no jobs where we live and he qualifies for his course fees to be paid, he earns approx 60 per week in a local pub whilst the other 23 year old earns aprox £600 in a weekend job at one of the supermarkets and is currently on a year off from uni -this is not a great income for either of them would both of these be classed as dependants or even just the 24 year old? - does anyone have any advise they can offer please?

I was really interested in this question as i have a son on a full time course aged 24 who is very dependant - mainly because there are no jobs where we live and he qualifies for his course fees to be paid, he earns approx 60 per week in a local pub whilst the other 23 year old earns aprox £600 in a weekend job at one of the supermarkets and is currently on a year off from uni -this is not a great income for either of them would both of these be classed as dependants or even just the 24 year old? - does anyone have any advise they can offer please?

If they are in full time education and under 25 then they are dependent. Is the year off from university part of a sandwich course?

OP - I have to admit I am stumped on your question, the guidance doesn't seem to cover that scenario. There is a bit of me that is thinking you shouldn't have to send any details of the children in as they are citizens. Certainly I am sure you should not have to do the form 47a for the youngest as he is not part of your visa application.