steveNem

Partner Visa 2 Year wait for PR

Hi all, I haven't been on PIO for a while having been stuck in the daily grind of work in the UK for the last 12 months, I have begun again to look toward our move to QLD hopefully in September next year, and am keen to begin applying for permanent jobs from Feb 11 however most of the contacts that I have made are as you would expect requiring me to have a Permanent Residency visa before seriously considering any applications I make .

I am a Brit and my wife is duel citizenship, we have been together for over 7 years and Married for the last 4 years.:smile: We made the decision to began the Visa process about a year and a half ago and I was granted the Subclass 309 – Partner (provisional) visa in August 09. At the time of application we 17 days short of being able to prove our relationship for 5 years, which would have qualified me for the PR 100 visa, unfortunately I had couldn't delay the visa assessment as we were travelling to AU for a family birthday with flights booked etc. so I was granted the 309 visa which I validated when we flew out early Sept09. :jiggy:

Reading with interest on POI today I noticed a post which stated that the requirements for a Permanent Partner visa (subclasses 100) visa to be granted has been shortened to proving 3 years of relationship.

I checked this out on the immi website and sure enough

Page 38 of the 1127 booklet states

"In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you

lodge your application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having

to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:

• at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for

3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of

your relationship"

Ordinarily I would have to wait until just short of 2 years to apply for the (Subclass 100 visa) PR however given the changes to required supporting evidence, does anyone have any experience of the PR 100 visa being granted earlier than the 2 year period previously stated or as with most of the IMMI requirements will I just have to sit it out until my 2 year 309 is up?:wacko: Any thoughts guys? Cheers Steve

Hi, Sadly the only way to bypass the 2 year waiting period is to reapply from scratch and your application would be treated under the new rules. This means paying a new set of fees and medicals etc.

Hi, Sadly the only way to bypass the 2 year waiting period is to reapply from scratch and your application would be treated under the new rules. This means paying a new set of fees and medicals etc.

Hi Peach , Thank you for you for replying to my thread, you have been able to confirm what I thought, given the way the UK is at the moment, its looking like it could be at least another 12 months before we will be able to shift our house anyway and since it feels like a week ago since we went through the application process the remainder of the 2 year wait will pass soon enough , cheers again , Steve :wink: