Shaver plug adapter - anyone help?

Guest MrandMrsB

Guest MrandMrsB

Hi there;

My electric toothbrush uses a shaver outlet to to recharge which is fine whilst we're in temporary accomodation. However we move to our own place this week and there is no shaver outlet and I've been trying to source an adapter with no luck. In UK you can buy them easily and cheaply but of course they only convert to a UK plug.

Will a European 2 pin adapter work so I plug the charger in the European 2 pin bit and the end into an Australian socket? Or can I get an adapter that will convert the shaver plug into an Australian one? If such a thing exists, please tell me where I can get one?

Or do I get one that converts to a UK plug shipped over, use that with a UK to Australia adapter?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure we used to have the type of adapter you mean. Just had a look to see but can't find it now.

Can only suggest you try the electrical shops but you may have done them already.

Bunnings (like b&q), Dick Smith, JB Hifi, even Woolies and Coles have a small electical section.

Good hunting.

Guest MrandMrsB

Hi Steve;

I've certainly tried Big W, Coles and K Mart with no luck. I need to try the electricals stores though. Thanks for contributing.

Guest GoldCoastMag

I think china uses the same plugs, so maybe sourcing from overseas or one of the auction sites would be an idea. Shipping is usually reasonable and may just take a little time if none are available locally.

Hi,

My husband had a similar problem with his electric shaver. It was easily solved by buying an adapter for about $13 at The Shaver Shop in the Fountain Gate shopping centre in Narre Warren near Melbourne. Not sure where you're going to though and if that is any use to you and whether it would work for a toothbrush?? But I think the shop sold electric toothbrushes too.

Shaver Shop at Westfield Fountain Gate

Hope that helps.

Guest MrandMrsB

Thanks everyone. I tried Dick Smith in Melbourne CBD with no luck. The Europe to Aus ones don't work as the shaver plug pins are too close together. But I have options like try Shaver Store and a bigger Dick Smiths and also good old Ebay. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
Guest Nick Davies

HI

Ive just come over to Australia (living in Brisbane) and am having the same problem you had. I cant find an adaptor to charge my UK toothbrush or shaver anywhere! Been to a few shops and even struggling to find an appropriate one on eBay.

Just wondered if you ever managed to get one?

Any advice would be appreciated getting bored of all these adaptor websites :confused:

I found something suitable at the Shaver Shop (a chain) but you can just replace the plugs with an Aussie one as someone else suggested.

Jules

• 2 years later...

Hey im moving to oz in october and had a right good look around for such adapter as the same problem came to mind found an adapter on good old ebay heres the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRAVEL-ADAPTER-PLUG-UK-3-Pin-Shaver-2-Pin-to-US-NZ-Australian-2-Pin-NEW-/370731609365?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item5651536d15

hope this helps everyone :)

Hey im moving to oz in october and had a right good look around for such adapter as the same problem came to mind found an adapter on good old ebay heres the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRAVEL-ADAPTER-PLUG-UK-3-Pin-Shaver-2-Pin-to-US-NZ-Australian-2-Pin-NEW-/370731609365?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item5651536d15

hope this helps everyone :)

Seeing as this question was asked over two years ago, I think they have either sorted out their adaptor issues, or gone and purchased an old fashioned one that you have to move yourself.

Hi Steve;

I've certainly tried Big W, Coles and K Mart with no luck. I need to try the electricals stores though. Thanks for contributing.

The Shaver Shop will probably have them - big range of travel adaptors. Just google to find one near you - may also do online.

• 2 years later...
So obvious! However I did buy a suitable adapter at the Shaver Shop for my toothbrush.

Jules

What sort or name of adaptor did you buy i just purchased two toothbrushes from amazon uk and only when seeing this i find out there maybe an issue with getting adaptor.

Yes could fit oz plug but prefer if i can use an adaptor for at least a while then maybe change the plug.

I would have thought getting an adaptor would have been easy?

I see this is an older posy anyone find other options

I am assuming that your toothbrushe's have the two round pins which fit into the razor sockets? Australia does not normally have those razor outlets in homes, so you will need an adapter which has the round pin facility and not every adaptor has this so be careful when choosing, however they are available and I have seen them at the airports (expensive) and here in Oz at the bunnings hardware, woolworths, some variety stores and even saw some in Rivers clothes store this last weekend. Ensure they are fully charged to start with to give you some time to look around.

I am assuming that your toothbrushe's have the two round pins which fit into the razor sockets? Australia does not normally have those razor outlets in homes, so you will need an adapter which has the round pin facility and not every adaptor has this so be careful when choosing, however they are available and I have seen them at the airports (expensive) and here in Oz at the bunnings hardware, woolworths, some variety stores and even saw some in Rivers clothes store this last weekend. Ensure they are fully charged to start with to give you some time to look around.

It be nice to know who purchased what and where from and prefer cheapest as buying expensive adaptors just kills the deal on buying these from the uk compared to what i was from here.

As there are many would hate to buy not suitable ones and cant return so be good to know what you guys got.

Who knows i may just have ones sitting around the house i can try but if not then want to know where to get.

Yes i do believe they are rounded pins.mine are on way.one for wife and myself so not be able to try till they arrive

It be nice to know who purchased what and where from and prefer cheapest as buying expensive adaptors just kills the deal on buying these from the uk compared to what i was from here.

As there are many would hate to buy not suitable ones and cant return so be good to know what you guys got.

Who knows i may just have ones sitting around the house i can try but if not then want to know where to get.

Yes i do believe they are rounded pins.mine are on way.one for wife and myself so not be able to try till they arrive

Gee they are not really an expensive item if you get it wrong, and we folks here do not exactly know what type of plug you have but try this http://www.bunnings.com.au/korjo-multi-reverse-travel-adaptor_p4420320 followed by this http://www.bunnings.com.au/korjo-india-and-south-africa-to-australia-travel-adaptor-plug_p4420324 both taken from this selection http://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/lighting-electrical/electrical/adaptors-timers/travel-adaptors