HGV licence. Is it transferable?

crispysince70

I really dont think you should need to re-test, surly it is like a standard car license.

I believe it really depends upon the state you move to as to whether you need to re-take your car test. But the majority seem to just transfer your UK one to Oz one. i am like you, have an HGV, plus Motorbike so i would hate to have to re-take all of them.

Guest One Hour Photo

My NZ HT license, and a few other things i.e. dangerous goods .... was all transferred to my Victorian license.

That was 5 years ago, I would imagine an up to date answer is on the road transport authority, or other government, web site somewhere.

Guest Guest40285

I had to resit my HGV and my car license, That was 15 years ago it might have changed now, never bothered with my bike just rode on my English one just could't be arsed, NSW has the craziest rules and regs it drives me nuts

Looked into this in Vic, NSW & the ACT and only car & motorcycle will transfer - also you can't just go straight to C+E (artics) as they make you work your way through the classes but in the ACT at least if you can show a current licence they will allow you to skip straight to the test for the equivelent class.

Archived