wan2no

What are the options for migration as industrial pharmacist?

I am an industrial pharmacist wishing to migrate. My sister is a permanent resident living in sydney as a house wife. New SOL excludes industrial pharmacist. but i found Chemist is included. i think pharmaceutical manufacturing plant is similar to a chemical industry and my job responsibilities is similar to a industrial chemist

could i nominate Chemist as my occupation? Should I apply SMP or relative 176 visa?

I have 4 years B.pharm and Ms in pharmaceutical sciences According to VETASSESS relevant study must be 25% major related to nominated occupation which might have been completed. Should I submit my syllabus to VETASSESS for positive assessment?

Plz help me to take decision as i am planning to proceed as early as possible

Hi wan2no, I'm not sure about the migration process for industrial pharmacists, but I might be able to comment on the job possibilities given my personal experience(My dad works for an Australian pharmaceutical company).

The job opportunities for industrial pharmacists is fairly limited, unless you have local(Australian) experience. The bottom line is if your experience and qualifications were gained in high risk country, it will be really difficult to break into the job market, unless you already have contacts working in Australian pharmaceutical companies..your chances might be slightly better if you're currently working for a reputable multinational in your country.

Sorry to sound rather pessimistic here, but that is the reality. I know of atleast one M.Pharm from a HRC who is unemployed and struggling to enter the field. However, if you're flexible and adaptable and willing to work in somewhat 'lower end' roles(service stations, supermarkets etc.) for a while, you should be able to manage.

There's also a good discussion on another forum regarding job opportunities for Pharmacists etc. Here's the link:

Good luck with your decision.

Hi wan2no, I'm not sure about the migration process for industrial pharmacists, but I might be able to comment on the job possibilities given my personal experience(My dad works for an Australian pharmaceutical company).

The job opportunities for industrial pharmacists is fairly limited, unless you have local(Australian) experience. The bottom line is if your experience and qualifications were gained in high risk country, it will be really difficult to break into the job market, unless you already have contacts working in Australian pharmaceutical companies..your chances might be slightly better if you're currently working for a reputable multinational in your country.

Sorry to sound rather pessimistic here, but that is the reality. I know of atleast one M.Pharm from a HRC who is unemployed and struggling to enter the field. However, if you're flexible and adaptable and willing to work in somewhat 'lower end' roles(service stations, supermarkets etc.) for a while, you should be able to manage.

There's also a good discussion on another forum regarding job opportunities for Pharmacists etc. Here's the link:

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for replying. My query was the possibilities to migrate as chemist through positive assessment even being & doing industrial pharmacist job.

let me know in details

I am an industrial pharmacist wishing to migrate. My sister is a permanent resident living in sydney as a house wife. New SOL excludes industrial pharmacist. but i found Chemist is included. i think pharmaceutical manufacturing plant is similar to a chemical industry and my job responsibilities is similar to a industrial chemist

could i nominate Chemist as my occupation? Should I apply SMP or relative 176 visa?

I have 4 years B.pharm and Ms in pharmaceutical sciences According to VETASSESS relevant study must be 25% major related to nominated occupation which might have been completed. Should I submit my syllabus to VETASSESS for positive assessment?

Plz help me to take decision as i am planning to proceed as early as possible

INDU S T R I A L PHAR M A C I S T

Undertakes research, testing and analysis related to the development, production, storage, quality control and distribution of drugs and related supplies

CHE M I S T

Studies the chemical and physical properties of substances, and develops and monitors chemical processes and production.

I hope this helps.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Thanks for replying. actually i want to know possibility to be assessed as chemist in production industry Sould I try to VETASSESS? reply from migration agent is required plz

Thanks for replying. actually i want to know possibility to be assessed as chemist in production industry Sould I try to VETASSESS? reply from migration agent is required plz

From what you have posted it seems that there is very likely a straightforward (time limited) strategy to deal with your issue.

May I suggest that you put the full facts of your case to a registered migration agent for an opinion?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Hi wan2no, mine is also similar case, i have completed my b.pharm in hydrarabad JNTU, and have experience as formulation chemist in a small company in banglore(India). Now am I eligible for migration to Australia, if so which category i would fall chemist or industrial pharmacist.

please clarify my doubt if you are aware..