Zimbabwe Police Clearance

Guest SteNRach

Guest SteNRach

Hi everyone, I'm really hoping there's someone out there who may be able to offer some advice. My hubby ( 36 ) was born in Zimbabwe and lived there until 2002 when he came to the UK as a British Citizen. We understand that he has to have a Police Clearance from each country he has lived in. Now there lies the problem, I don't think I need to say too much about Zimbabwe for people to know that it is not the easiest of countries to deal with and to get anything from there can be difficult to say the least. My worry is that if my husband is unable to get a "genuine" Police Clearance from Zimbabwe all our dreams will come crashing down. If anyone has an advice it would be great. Thanks :daydreaming:

HGV Mechanic

Paper Trade Assessment passed Aug 2010, awaiting date for Practical Assessment

Some years ago I had to get a copy of my brother's birth certificate from Zimbabwe and there were sanctions in place so had to go through a US Bank to pay for it. I actually wrote to Zimbabwe and asked what I had to do and they were helpful and we got the birth certificate. I imagine police clearance would be similar, I know its chaos there but there are some people beavering away in gov departments thank goodness.

Here is how you do it http://zimbabwe-embassy.us/subpage7.html

Guest VickyMel

You will need the PCC if he has lived in the country for more than a year in the last 10 years. Not sure of your visa time frame but potentially if you do not get a visa till 2012 you may be able to get around it?

You should also check his birth certificate - DIAC require an unabridged brith certificate most Zim ones are abridged (I think they don't have both parents names on them).

Search for Bunnyhop email info@bunnyhop.co.za

(They are pretty expensive from what I have seen people say - others are cheaper - but bunnyhop do deal with people in the UK)

Goodluck

VickyMel

Guest SteNRach
I've got zim friend who had similar probs after Being in uk fir 7 years . She got it sorted in end but I know it wasn't easy . This was about 2 years ago . Il e mail her and see if she can shed some light .

Thanks very much Micky, any light on the subject would be great. We started trying to get my hubby's Police Clearance at the beginning of this year as we had an idea it would take a while. Anyway we contacted an Aunt ( in Zim) of Stephen's ( hubby) who said she would get it for him and we sent her money. After months of waiting we were told she needed a copy of Ste's ID, so we then had to contact another family member in Zim who has his ID card. However after more frustrating months of waiting the Aunt has now told us that her contact has now gone and we've lost the money we sent as the other relative did'nt get the ID to her in time,ARGGHH!!! She also said things are very difficult in Zim and it would be very risky for her to find another contact to help get the Police Clearance. It is so crazy there.:arghh:

Guest tonyree

Hi StanRach

I am a Zimbabwean and at some point wanted a police clearance for my visa whilst staying in another country. I found it a very easy process. I simply had my finger prints taken in my resident country and then have them sent to harare and in about a month i had my clearance. i only had a problem paying for the service as then, i could not send money by post.

The other option would be to go to the zimbabwean embassy in our your present country and they will do it for you. Things have since improved in public service delivery.

We have had experience of getting documents from agencies in Zimbabwe. There are frequently unexpected fees to get documents efficiently.We have found that If you have someone in Zim who has US dollars in their pocket to pay these fees when requested there is usually a helpful official who can make things happen. :)

If you have resided elsewhere for ten years or more then police clearance for Zim should not be necessary to obtain visa for Aus.

• 3 months later...
Guest SteNRach
mickyb can you pm me this info as I urgently need PC - (just joined and still can't pm), ta

Hi Greg, don't know if you'll get a reply from Mickb's friend. Mickyb was very helpfull in that he gave me his friend's email address. However it is quite some time now since I emailed them and have had no reply ( not one to pester people I don't know ).

I did some research and found a form 137 which is a Zimbabwe Application for Police Clearance. Basicaly it asks for personal details, names place of birth, present address, why you are requiring Police Clearance, if you have ever been convicted of a crime. I understand that this needs to filled in together with getting your fingerprints to ba able to apply for PC. Oh and of course there's the matter of payment. My hubby's Mum is going out to Zim soon so we're giving her the documents in the hope that while she's out there she can sort it for my hubby.

Hope this is of some use. :smile:

• 8 years later...