OLD Victoria SS occupations.

libbysmum

Just wanting to get an idea of how many, if any, occupations have been left out of the new Victoria SMP in comparison to the old list (prior to the sponsorship suspension back in June-ish).

It's probably unlikely but does anyone have a copy of the old list to post up here?

If not, anyone who is already sponsored by VIC under the old system who's occupation is not on the new list, can you please let us know here??

Guest VickyMel
I bet vickymel will have that info!

I thinks she's the sort of girl that's quite organized!

Sad but true - let me just look to see if I have it on this computer - working from home this pm.

Vicky

It will be interesting to see, and confirm if VIC is on side and has been true to all its previous SS approvals. It might help us see what may happen with the other states.

I know a couple of people have commented how hairdressing is not on VICs list but I'm fairly certain it never was, as I looked at each and every state which may have sponsored us.

Guest VickyMel

OK - Found it dated May 2009 - I think there may have been another since then though?

No hairdresser was not on then -

Looking into trying to attach it - they have put things in a different order and I was trying to put it in and was taking forever.

Guest Louby Lou

Cheers for up-loading that list, my husbands occupation was missing from VIC smp so am getting worried that it may not be on any now, but it was never on the earlier VIC list so at least there is still hope!

Guest VickyMel

I remember trawling through this lists when we were looking and a lot of the states had very different lists of what they were short of.

I think VIC have added some new occupations to the list as well.

Guest VickyMel

Interesting...

We all noted that the new VIC list had Pastry Cook and Cook had been crossed through as quota full and thought that was worrying

Yet when you look at the new list Nov 2010 there are 4 occupations in this field

Chef, Baker, Pastry Cook & Cook

The old list only had Baker and Cook in May 2009 - so they have actually expanded occupations in this field.

Plus they have not actually taken those occupations off it is just that the quota is full at the moment.

So all you folks in the other SMP lists that are waiting keep those positive thoughts going :hug:

VickyMel

Thank you Vicky, thats brill, well going over the 2 lists the only occupations I can't find in the new November SMP list that were in demand for sponsorship in May are "roof slater and tiler" and "floor finisher". Someone please correct me if they can see them though I may just be havingt one of my "blind" moments.

So if the above is correct there will be very few applicants already sponsored by victoria that will not be converted to CAT2!! Heres hoping that the same can be said of all other states and their SMP lists!!

Guest VickyMel

Really pleased that you started this post Sarah as it turned out very positive in finding that few jobs were missing and extra jobs were even added.

When we were waiting for SS from VIC and had that thread running about what was happening with all of us it did look as if VIC had an ongoing panel/research with regard to what they wanted and needed in VIC.

So maybe they were able to justify their occupation needs to DIAC.

Looks like they will just have the quota system running inside the SMP plan and work out the numbers of each occupation that they want that way but have otherwise kept the list pretty much the same. Maybe they had a heck of a lot of applications from the occupations that are crossed off and so have restricted those given the quota issue.

Good on you VIC - I hope the other states follow through in a similar manner I suspect many will.

VickyMel

Really pleased that you started this post Sarah as it turned out very positive in finding that few jobs were missing and extra jobs were even added.

When we were waiting for SS from VIC and had that thread running about what was happening with all of us it did look as if VIC had an ongoing panel/research with regard to what they wanted and needed in VIC.

So maybe they were able to justify their occupation needs to DIAC.

Looks like they will just have the quota system running inside the SMP plan and work out the numbers of each occupation that they want that way but have otherwise kept the list pretty much the same. Maybe they had a heck of a lot of applications from the occupations that are crossed off and so have restricted those given the quota issue.

Good on you VIC - I hope the other states follow through in a similar manner I suspect many will.

VickyMel

Yes, and maybe those 2 occupations left out had very few, if any, applicants sponsored with visa applications outstanding??

The only other difference in the lists that I can see is the requirements (IELTS and work experience) to meet in order to gain the sponsorship. For example tradies now need 5 years work experience whereas before there was no such work experience requirement except maybe any standard requirement applied across all sponsorship applications.

So the ultimate question is those who have already been sponsored, will they have to meet these extra requirements or will they only apply to new applicants? There is no answer to this from what I can see.