Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

Great news Claire - especially that your CO has looked and checked your circumstances and given you till March to get your Meds does.

Congrats Wannabeoz

Great to see things moving for you ACT guys

Come on government - time to let the other guys have their SMPs out!

VickyMel

Guest Wannabeoz
Which ACT'ers got SS last year? We got ss in Nov 09. It seems that applicants who applied and got ss this year for the ACT are getting CO's?

I applied in August 09, so I think I'm probably one of the older applicants, I applied just before the dreaded changes last September!

woohoo Connie, turn us PINK

Got email from CO in the early hours, after seeing the aspc email yesterday saying they were processing apps before 1 May 2010 we were very surprised to get CO today.

Best thing as well is they have given us to 15 March 2011 to get our meds & PCC done because they already know that I am pregnant, which is a big relief.

Hope all ACT SMP'ers get to hear the good news today too.

Claire:biggrin:

Congratulations Claire I'm trilled for you, god when i think of the day we submitted, the panic and stress.

2011 will be a good year !!

Maria.x

Hi,

Impatient as ever, I phone DIAC at 4am this morning to get confirmation I was in Cat 2. I also asked how long it was likely to take to get a CO. He checked on the system and told me I already had a CO but they hadn't done the preliminary checks on our documentation yet. He said we'd get an email from our CO very soon.

Almost ready to be turned PINK, but not quite. Will let you all know when I get a formal email from my CO.

:tongue::laugh:

I applied in August 09, so I think I'm probably one of the older applicants, I applied just before the dreaded changes last September!

Hi Wannabeoz, thanks for your info. When did you actually get your ACT ss? End last year? We have actually been waiting for years. We originally applied for a 175 back in 2007 !! Then so many changes and here we are still waiting.....

Come on CO's... please please contact us all sooooooooooon

Hi,

Impatient as ever, I phone DIAC at 4am this morning to get confirmation I was in Cat 2. I also asked how long it was likely to take to get a CO. He checked on the system and told me I already had a CO but they hadn't done the preliminary checks on our documentation yet. He said we'd get an email from our CO very soon.

Almost ready to be turned PINK, but not quite. Will let you all know when I get a formal email from my CO.

Hi clickettuk

Are you using an agent or doing the application yourself? Just asking because you phoned the DIAC to ask. We are using an agent ourselves, so not really sure if I should phone DIAC myself to ask? I'm so impatient as well. and am sure we all are.

I'm just waiting daily to hear from our agent for any news.............

Hi clickettuk

Are you using an agent or doing the application yourself? Just asking because you phoned the DIAC to ask. We are using an agent ourselves, so not really sure if I should phone DIAC myself to ask? I'm so impatient as well. and am sure we all are.

I'm just waiting daily to hear from our agent for any news.............

Hi,

I'm using an agent, but having chatted to another guy on PomsInOz, he said it was fine to phone DIAC yourself. They will ask for your TRN, name and date of birth. The number is 00 61 1300 364 613. I tried contacting DIAC via a PLE once, but they would only communicate in writing via my agent, but like I said, by phone they are happy to talk. I was on hold for about 15 minutes, but was well worth the wait. Great news to cheer up a very early Monday morning!

:wideeyed:

CONGRATULATIONS to CUTIEMCPRETTYBOBBI, WANNABEOZ and CLAIREG on turning PINK.:jiggy:

Name: cutiemcprettybobbi

Date of Visa application: oct 08

Nationality: british

High/Low Risk: low

Trade/profession:public relations

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:ACT

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:march 10' --old ss granted

Onshore/offshore:Off

Pre-November 2010 Category: crappy 4

Medicals submitted: not yet

Police check submitted:not yet

Date CO assigned: 15 November 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name: Wannabeoz

Date of Visa application: August 09

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: PR Professional

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: ACT

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date visa granted

Name: claireg (OH is the main applicant)

Date of Visa application: 7th May 2010

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Applications & Analyst Programmer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: ACT

Date of SMP Applications: 22 March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 15 July 2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Hi,

I'm using an agent, but having chatted to another guy on PomsInOz, he said it was fine to phone DIAC yourself. They will ask for your TRN, name and date of birth. The number is 00 61 1300 364 613. I tried contacting DIAC via a PLE once, but they would only communicate in writing via my agent, but like I said, by phone they are happy to talk. I was on hold for about 15 minutes, but was well worth the wait. Great news to cheer up a very early Monday morning!

:wideeyed:

Okay, thanks so much for the tel number. We dont have a TRN though as it was paper based (thats what our agent said) but if I give our ref number or surname am sure they can find us. Thanks again.... I will have to phone late tonight (I'm in South Africa)

Hi,

That is awesome news!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

Congratulations Claire I'm trilled for you, god when i think of the day we submitted, the panic and stress.

2011 will be a good year !!

Maria.x

That was a truly stressful day, i really did think though that we had at least a 12 - 18 month wait ahead before getting a CO.

2011 is going to be a good and very very busy year!! Have to get the house sold now which may not be as easy as we would hope but we'll see.

Hi,

Woohoo, more congratulations, what a great day it has been today.

Congrats too to cutiemcprettybobbi:jiggy:

Archived