Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Hey, just got confirmation from my agent that I am now in CAT 2.Yeah,there was a bit of a problem but now it is clear from DICA that i come into this category.But, now wondering when will i get my grant as I applied way back in 2009 on a 475 visa but nothing seems to be coming through.CAN anyone help me out with the timelines as checked up the processing timings and cant seem to understand as it says that there are no GSM in CAT 2 .Just been confused as to when will it work out for me.I guess the wait is been a long time now.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions for those that have already experienced what I am about to experience.

Upon getting SS (in my case VIC), and sending the number they give you to DIAC, how long does it take DIAC to get back to you (approx)?

After forwarding the number (what is this numbers name?) you get from DIAC to VIC to say you accept SS, roughly how long is it before you can actually apply for the Visa to DIAC?

Then after that, (I am assuming what happens next) you submit all your documents, what if you need to redo your IELTS, how long do you have to retake the IELTS before it all get cancelled out? FYI, I have an IELTS already, but need to get a better score. Apologies if I have not been clear, but as I am unsure of the process and what's what, I'm in the dark a bit.

Thanks for reading.

Regards, PW.

Assuming your using Cardiff what prices have you been quoted for your meds ?

Cheers

Shane

We're actually going to Maidenhead as we read a pretty good writeup of the experience on another forum (can't find the link). The cost is £200 each for me and my wife.

HTH

Guest soumya
Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions for those that have already experienced what I am about to experience.

Upon getting SS (in my case VIC), and sending the number they give you to DIAC, how long does it take DIAC to get back to you (approx)?

After forwarding the number (what is this numbers name?) you get from DIAC to VIC to say you accept SS, roughly how long is it before you can actually apply for the Visa to DIAC?

Then after that, (I am assuming what happens next) you submit all your documents, what if you need to redo your IELTS, how long do you have to retake the IELTS before it all get cancelled out? FYI, I have an IELTS already, but need to get a better score. Apologies if I have not been clear, but as I am unsure of the process and what's what, I'm in the dark a bit.

Thanks for reading.

Regards, PW.

Mate,

You have two separate queries.

Firstly at the time of filing your 176 visa application form, U need to provide the VIC sponsorship no (starts with SS). Then u hafta submit ur 176 form post which you would get a TRN (Transaction Reference Number).

Once you get your TRN, u need to email the said TRN to VIC SMP who will send a form 1100 confirming your state sponsorship to DIAC - VIC are very prompt in this.

Regarding your IELTS, you would have 28 calendar day window post submitting your 176 application to provide all your documents including ta latest IETLS if any.

hope this helps.

Sam

Hey Connie & Vicki!!!

Finally, after 3 years of ups and downs, we have now got our visa!:jiggy:

Can't believe the roller coaster has stopped and we can now move onto the next stage of organising our lives! We have jumped through so many hoops and am pleased to say we are no longer in the queue waiting. :wub:

Thanks to everyone for all your help and support in this terrible waiting game.:wubclub:

They even gave us the 175 instead of the 176.

WA here we come....:laugh:

Cheers

Tasha :hug:

Hey Connie & Vicki!!!

Can't believe the roller coaster has stopped and we can now move onto the next stage of organising our lives! We have jumped through so many hoops and am pleased to say we are no longer in the queue waiting. :wub:

Thanks to everyone for all your help and support in this terrible waiting game.:wubclub:

Cheers

YAY! :wink:

Guest VickyMel

Congratulations Tasha - hurray so pleased to hear you have the visa.

Yesterday we walked into DIAC offices in melbourne and had our visas evidenced in our passports - wooo hooo we are here at last - will have been here a week as of tonight.

Just changed my signature.

Vicky

Guest VickyMel
HELLO TO EVERYONE :biggrin:

After some thought I have decided that it is time for me to retire from running the two threads.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment and am finding it hard to get round to updating the threads regularly.

If anyone is keen to start a new thread they are more than welcome to copy and paste the information they need and if they need advice please don't hesitate to ask.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Hi Connie

Sad to see you go but totally understand your reasons. Thank you so much for starting this and the Cat 3 threads they were so important to us all in keeping track of things and understanding our own progress.

Hopefully someone else will come along and start a new thread. If you are thinking about doing it you will find that although it can be a bit hectic at times it is very rewarding you get loads of insight into the process.

All the very very best Connie, :notworthy::hug:.

Good luck all.

Vicky

Guest koko1

Hi Vicky,

Good to hear that at last you are finally there.

Please, I read that you had your visa evidenced in melbourne. Does it mean that you traveled into the country without having the visa first evidenced on your passport? Can one just travel with his visa letter without necessarily having it stamp on the passport? Will the airline allow that to happen?

I want to hear from you. Thanks

Regards,

KoksThanks

Yesterday we walked into DIAC offices in melbourne and had our visas evidenced in our passports - wooo hooo we are here at last - will have been here a week as of tonight.

Vicky

Vicky

Hi Vicky

Can't believe you are there already! Well done and enjoy your new adventure!

Best wishes

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi Koko1,

I was also confused about having the visa evidenced on the passport.

I booked my ticket and the airline informed me that they will allow the boarding if I have a VISA. They said, I should give them any evidence and they will complete the boarding. A print of the grant letter will do.

And as VickyMel did. And my CO also confirmed the same. You don't have to get the visa label to enter Australia. Your details already in the system in Australia.

However, it may be useful to have a label for the VISA as an evidence to an employer or a government employee. So, better you get one any time you find it convenient.

Hi,

I lodged my visa application today.

Please add me to the list

Name: mansukhpatel

Date of Visa application: 02/08/2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Systems Administrator

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: South Australia

Date of SMP Applications: 12/07/11

Date of SMP Granted: 01/08/11

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: Not Yet

OMG! OMG! WE HAVE OUR VISA! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Name:Maryetta

Date of Visa application: 29 April 2011

Nationality: Hungarian

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: Sales & Marketing Manager

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 11 February 2011

Date of SMP Granted: 6 April 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: -

Medicals submitted: 6 June 2011 (referred: 14 June 2011, finalised: 11 July 2011)

Police check submitted: 27 May 2011

Date CO assigned: 16 May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): -

Date visa granted: 3 August 2011

Guest jaffarms

Hi All,

Its definitely a very good news, I have got my 176 visa approved today.... yahooo.... yahooo.... This forum been a very good informative source and thanks Connie for your detailed tracking...

Regards

Jaffar

Guest jaffarms

Hi Connie, Thanks for running this wonderful thread, turn me purple.... yeah....

Name:Jaffarms

Date of Visa application: 29 June 2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: Analyst Programmer

Which State Sponsored: VIC

Date of SMP Applications: Nov 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 30 Mar 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: -

Medicals submitted: 23 July 2011 (Finalized: 27 July, 2 Aug (wife))

Police check submitted: 19 July 2011

Date CO assigned: 21 July 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): -

Date visa granted: 3 August 2011

Guest soumya
Hey All,

Just seen the online status and it has changed to 'application futher being processed' from the 26th of july.just want to know if I have a CO on my file.Being waiting for this since 2009.Please let me know.

Yeah wensmal.

This means a CO is working on your case.

have u made u r application decision ready by front loading u r PCC & Meds.

Cheers,

Sam

Please help.....

Please give me an advice, it is very important to me.

I have applied for 475 Visa. I am main applicant & my spouse is only dependent. We have no child yet.

Now matter is my wife's passport expiry date is on June 2013. So it is very clear if we get visa by 2011. Then in the middle of Visa time my wife's passport will be expired. So my questions are:

> Does I can renew my wife's passport in Australia Orana region at that time?

> or I have to back my own country to renew her passport?

> Or what are the path way to solve that problem.

> Does it will be wise to renew the passport after getting Visa?

I don't know, lot of questions coming in my brain....................Please help in proper way.............

Please help.....

Please give me an advice, it is very important to me.

I have applied for 475 Visa. I am main applicant & my spouse is only dependent. We have no child yet.

Now matter is my wife's passport expiry date is on June 2013. So it is very clear if we get visa by 2011. Then in the middle of Visa time my wife's passport will be expired. So my questions are:

> Does I can renew my wife's passport in Australia Orana region at that time?

> or I have to back my own country to renew her passport?

> Or what are the path way to solve that problem.

> Does it will be wise to renew the passport after getting Visa?

I don't know, lot of questions coming in my brain....................Please help in proper way.............

Hi Razor Dream, In my opinion, the best option would be to renew your wife's passport after you guys get the Australian Visa. I do not know your nationality but I am guessing that your Country will have an embassy in Australia. you can get your passport renewed from that embassy. The other path can be to renew your wife's passport now and inform your CO. In my opinion (although I am not sure) this may delay your case.

I have the same situation. My passport is going to expire in 2013 & I am expecting t get the visa grant by the end of this year or start of 2012. If I change my passport I will have to inform my CO & he may initiate some further security checks, since I belong to a HR country & my security checks are already expected to take 10 months, so I do not want my case to delay any further.

Hey Connie & Vicki!!!

Cheers

OMG Congratulation Tasha I am well pleased.......... for you :jiggy:

Hi Connie

Sad to see you go but totally understand your reasons. Thank you so much for starting this and the Cat 3 threads they were so important to us all in keeping track of things and understanding our own progress.

Hopefully someone else will come along and start a new thread. If you are thinking about doing it you will find that although it can be a bit hectic at times it is very rewarding you get loads of insight into the process.

All the very very best Connie, :notworthy::hug:.

Good luck all.

Vicky

Wow all the old ones have gone congratulations on your move.

Yeah wensmal.

This means a CO is working on your case.

have u made u r application decision ready by front loading u r PCC & Meds.

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks for the information.Yeah, I did my medicals and sent my PCC too .Well, I DON'T know about the' application decision ready' as I have gone through an agent .hope she has done the needful.Atlast I see some light at the end of the tunnel ,Thanks once again.

Archived