Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Jumbojet, Fashionably late and matjones,

I am just off the phone from DIAC and they confirmed that all ACT SMP cases had been allocated and it could take a week-10 days before we hear anything from our yet unknown CO as they all have been given a heap of files to deal...

Aaaaah! I'm getting so impatient! lol!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just off the phone from DIAC and they confirmed that all ACT SMP cases had been allocated and it could take a week-10 days before we hear anything from our yet unknown CO as they all have been given a heap of files to deal...

All as in the 2010 applicants as well !!! I really hope so.......

Guest jumbojet

Thanks perfectstranger!! Tried calling as well but got cut off as I got through to an operator! Saves me calling back. Let's see what the next few days bring.... They really should move us 2008 applicants along...patience is my middle name. 1 year 11 months and counting....

Thanks perfectstranger!! Tried calling as well but got cut off as I got through to an operator! Saves me calling back. Let's see what the next few days bring.... They really should move us 2008 applicants along...patience is my middle name. 1 year 11 months and counting....

You did the correct thing by getting ACT to sponsor you. I too have family based in Sydney but decided to go the surest way by obtaining ACT sponsorship.

Those are good news. Thank you for sharing the information. This uncertainty really stressme :no:

thank you perfectstranger!!

hopefully we all could hear from our CO soon.

Got one!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't read everything properly yet, but have noticed that it says I have to repsond to the request for documents within 28 days. I don't know how long medicals take but I wouldn't have thought I'd be able to get police checks and medicals sorted within that timeframe.

Congratulations on getting a CO!!

Add your details and I will add you to the front page.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest mikka711
Got one!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't read everything properly yet, but have noticed that it says I have to repsond to the request for documents within 28 days. I don't know how long medicals take but I wouldn't have thought I'd be able to get police checks and medicals sorted within that timeframe.

Good stuff - if you can get to a panel doctor who can send your meds electronically (that's the option we're going for) instead of by courier you will defo save time - good luck:v_SPIN:

Hi All

A bit off topic but can any one tell me what is meant by MET?

All of my docs are MET only FORM 80 requested

does this mean that All documentations are verified like OVERSEAS EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE?

What is meant by EMAIL SENT TO YOU on PERSON 1 DETAILS (i m single applicant no dependents) ?

I havent received any email as it will be with my agent and agent will return on Monday

Thanks in advance

Hi All

A bit off topic but can any one tell me what is meant by MET?

All of my docs are MET only FORM 80 requested

does this mean that All documentations are verified like OVERSEAS EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE?

What is meant by EMAIL SENT TO YOU on PERSON 1 DETAILS (i m single applicant no dependents) ?

I havent received any email as it will be with my agent and agent will return on Monday

Thanks in advance

Hi

I wouldn't worry about their on-line updates. I have read on PIO some people who have had their visa's granted still say REQUIRED!!

I think the Email Sent to You line is just standard also whether sent to you or your agent.

The only thing which has changed on our on-line status is Email Sent to you on 15/11/10. Everything else still says REQUIRED. I think it also depends on CO's, some update, some don't.

The important thing is though that you have your CO.

My husband just called Adelaide and we apparently have a CO that was assigned late last week but just hasn't contacted us as of yet. The person he spoke with said that all ACT people have CO's but it can take up to three weeks for them to contact you once they have reviewed all of the documentation.

So I guess you can turn us pink too.

My husband just called Adelaide and we apparently have a CO that was assigned late last week but just hasn't contacted us as of yet. The person he spoke with said that all ACT people have CO's but it can take up to three weeks for them to contact you once they have reviewed all of the documentation.

So I guess you can turn us pink too.

hi, thank you so much for the call and updates here :)

guess, I would be same as you :) since I'm with you on the same months.

Guest aussiedream

Hi All,

Turn me PINK too!

I received a request from the CO (team 6) to submit our Police Clearance and Medical Check -up Report on 17 Nov 2010. Would appreciate the comments on the submission of Medical Report as the report is supposed to be sent by the examining doctor directly to DIAC. My question here is how do we prove or track that the report has been sent to DIAC? We could attach the Police Clearance report to DIAC but not the medical report.

Hi aussiedream,

yes, you can only upload your PCC. Medical report has to be sent by the examining doctor directly to DIAC. Normally they will send the report through a courier service and if so you can ask a tracking number from the Medical clinic to track your documents. If you think that your medical report is going to be delivered little late than what DIAC has asked, then you can email the scanned copies of the invoices that you got from the medical examination, just to let them know that you have done your medicals.

Guest VickyMel

Thanks in advance

The addition of email sent to you on our person 1 details - was the letter from our CO - it slooking good - I hope your agent checks his emails early and sends the details on to you quickly :biggrin:

Hi

I wouldn't worry about their on-line updates. I have read on PIO some people who have had their visa's granted still say REQUIRED!!

Phew!

Everything on ours still required - but have only been asked for Meds and PCCS

Hi All,

Turn me PINK too!

I received a request from the CO (team 6) to submit our Police Clearance and Medical Check -up Report on 17 Nov 2010. Would appreciate the comments on the submission of Medical Report as the report is supposed to be sent by the examining doctor directly to DIAC. My question here is how do we prove or track that the report has been sent to DIAC? We could attach the Police Clearance report to DIAC but not the medical report.

Hi Aussiedream

Congratulations on getting a CO.

Plz give the following information and I will add you to the front page.

Name:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Which State Sponsored:

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

CONGRATULATIONS to NEED2CHEW AND FASHIONABLY LATE on getting CO's!!!:jiggy:

Name:need2chew

Date of Visa application:11/11/2008

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:Low

Trade/profession:Cook

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:ACT

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:(Old SS) - May 2010

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals submitted: not yet

Police check submitted:Yes

Date CO assigned: 18 November 2010

Date visa granted:

Name: Fashionably Late

Date of Visa application: 22 December 2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Chief Information Officer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: ACT

Date of SMP Applications: 30 June 2009

Date of SMP Granted: 06 November 2009

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 19 November 2010

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

Name: ToWAorBust

Nationality: Canadian-Cacaisian

High/Low Risk: low

Trade/profession: Metal Fabricator

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: Jan 2009

Date of SMP Granted: Apri 2009

Pre-November 2010 Category: no

Medicals submitted: YES

Police check submitted: YES

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Name: ToWAorBust

Nationality: Canadian-Cacaisian

High/Low Risk: low

Trade/profession: Metal Fabricator

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: Jan 2009

Date of SMP Granted: Apri 2009

Pre-November 2010 Category: no

Medicals submitted: YES

Police check submitted: YES

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hello

I noticed that you are SS by WA. They have not come out with their SMP so I think you should wait till they do before adding you details here.

I too am waiting for the WA SMP and hoping we will be on it.

Please come back and add your details when you know for sure.

Regards

Connie