Guest SunshineSmile

Example of Stat Doc Layout for De Facto 457 visa

Guest SunshineSmile

Hi Guys,

Have hunted high and low, but cannot find a simple layout for a statutory declaration

(for evidence of our committed relationship).

We are going to Tasmania on a 457 and my partner is coming as secondary applicant (de facto), Im aware of all the evidence needed but the family members and friends who are happy to provide us with their declarations are asking me for guidelines as to what info they need to provide and how should it be laid out.

Does it have to be typed or will a hand written document be accepted?

In addition, who notorises the document as genuine, does it need to be in the presence of say a solicitor and them to sign???? confused.com :confused:

There are lots of guidelines and examples for permanent partner migration, but cant source anything that will give me a basic suggested layout and content for 457 de facto secondary applicants.

Also can anyone tell me what evidence to give for dependant over 18 (as of this Friday!) who is in college and has always lived with me, is fully dependant even tho her Dad has also always contributed maintenance.

Thanks so much guys :wink:

Guest BrightonBoys

Hi

ITs form 888 if that helps

I just had a look at form 888 as me and my partner also have to prove our relationship is genuine for the 176 that I'm tagging along on under her name but I don't think this is the specific form to fill in unless you're getting it filled in by an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

What I think you can do though, is have someone who isn't the above make a declaration using the same format as the 888 but unless you're getting an Aus citizen to fill it out, I don't think you can use the 888 itself that's on the DIAC website.

Just realised your posting title did say an example as opposed to the form itself, so the 888 does indeed deliver! Read the notes on the right hand column of page 1 carefully though for guidance.

Guest VickyMel

When we were looking at it we thought the same as Sol and it looked as if the 888 was only legal/appropriate in Oz.

We looked at the things requested on the form 888 and asked friends family to include/clarify some of those things within the text of the statement.

Some put really gushy embarrassing stuff in as well :eek: but it made the letters look a bit different as well rather than they had written what we asked them.

Some people wrote that declaration bit at the end and got their signatures witnessed appropriately (by people authorised to certify in UK - or whatever is legal in the country they are in) if it was easy for them - we did not ask some people to get it witnessed if it was going to cause them hassle or cost.

Some typed - some hand wrote the statement.

Sorry can't help with the dependent 18 year old - if you don't get an answer on this thread maybe start a new thread and ask that part of the question again. There have been previous discussions on the subject.

VickyMel