Forum guidelines

Cerberus1

I was browsing the t'internet earlier today, and quite by chance, came across these suggestions/guidelines. While it's only common sense, it's well written and worth reading.

Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.

Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

Guest guest33730

I read a similar one but the ending was better:

Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.

Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person unless it's the Ropey Hoff when you can say what you like as he is thick skinned ugly Barsteward who likes to bath with old men when he's not trying to beat the witches into second place.

Daniel

Guest Guest9973

Wise words indeed!!

The difference twixt written word and in person is huge!!

The amount of folk I've wanted to thump but after meeting them and finding them a lot bigger than me!!!!!:elvis::elvis:

Kidding

The difference is there though - some think they are "ard" at the back of a keyboard :biglaugh:

Something to be included into the PIA guidelines I reckon.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

When i first came on PIO i didn't realise that i had a sort of duty to PIO and i posted alot of things which are my real life persona in dealing with very dangerous and difficult people in my job and i squirm at the thought of the things i said to certain antagonists, but has time passes you get a feeling of how things should be written and although i still blow a gasket every now and then, i'm not abusive, but i will take people to task, but it is in a more descriptive explanation type of way, pointing out the errors of their ways and we all have to bear in mind that we need to abide by PIO's rules and decency standards and not bring the site into disrepute . New posters have to find their own way here on PIO and i see some really cutting sarcastic nasty posts and think................. Bring me sunshine, why is a man of the cloth saying things like that. lol

Guest sh7t man no way
eye fink it means ewe have two bee nice now

love you guys:wubclub:its been a nice day today--its been quite sunny in gloucester--what wuz it like in you neck ov the woods:wubclub:im looking forward to bondfire night it should be a wunderus occasion---ive bougth some sparklers,and bangers--just cant wait:wubclub:i think you guys are luverly:wubclub:

Guest sh7t man no way
piff myself laughing!!

just noticed your noosa bound---what a great choice--ive been there heaps of times,and have got friends there--you will love it--its a bit out of the way with a great beach,and walking at hand--if you have a need to chill out noosas the place:wubclub:

Archived