Is it possible to move from Cat4 to Cat2 without withdrawal of pending application?

Guest grooovy

Guest grooovy

Hi all!

As everybody today I was very exited about the latest news from Victoria about their Eligibility List for SMP. :biggrin:

I very appreciate all the help PIO members give to each other.

Would you please help me with one question I have in regards to the announcement of this Eligibility List?

Does anyone know if it's possible of switching from Category 4 to Category 2 for a person who has:

1. Pending application at DIAC

2. Sitting in Category 4.

3. No sponsorship.

I heard that from July 1, 2010 DIAC eradicated possibility fo switching from an existing 175 application to a 176 one. But I also remember (but not sure) that this was applied only to new post-June applicants and those poor souls being in Category 4 have a possibility to get a sponsorship under SMP and move to Category 2 priority after SMPs are released.

I would be grateful for any information on this issue, especially the links to the DIAC website (though, I haven't found anything about 175 -> 176 transition for existing applicants there).

Thank you and have a great week! :notworthy:

:hug:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all!

As everybody today I was very exited about the latest news from Victoria about their Eligibility List for SMP. :biggrin:

I very appreciate all the help PIO members give to each other.

Would you please help me with one question I have in regards to the announcement of this Eligibility List?

Does anyone know if it's possible to switch from Category 4 to Category 2 for a person who has:

1. Pending application at DIAC

2. Sitting in Category 4.

3. No sponsorship.

I heard that from July 1, 2010 DIAC eradicated possibility to switch from an existing 175 application to a 176 one. But I also remember (but not sure) that this was applied only to new post-June applicants and those poor souls being in Category 4 have a possibility to get a sponsorship under SMP and move to Category 2 priority after SMPs are released.

I would be grateful for any information on this issue, especially the links to the DIAC website (though, I haven't found anything about 175 -> 176 transition for existing applicants there).

Thank you and have a great week! :notworthy:

:hug:

Hi Groovy

Your signature says that your occupation is in Schedule 3 and that you have applied for a sc 175 visa. If your occupation is in Schedule 3 then your visa application is in Cat 3 as well.

Can you move to Cat 2? Yes, provided that you first obtain Sponsorship from one of the State Governments. In practice, all of them are going to be offering SMP Sponsorship once their SMPs have been published.

What is your occupation, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest grooovy

Hi Gill,

Thanks for spotting my thread! :)

Sorry, if my post was a bit confusing...

I am personally sitting in Cat 3 (Systems Analyst) but I asked this on behalf of my friend who sits in Category 4.

Anyways, it seems like this is possible, right? Can you or anyone else, please, provide link to DIAC web site where I can read the official information on this issue?

Thank you for you kind help and time you spent. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Alex