Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest StuartShepherd

Anyone recommend an Agent to help with an Onshore (subclasses 820 and 801) visa?

Recommended Posts

Guest StuartShepherd

Hello forum, I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am hoping a kind soul could recommend an agent in the Sydney area to help me with the paper work to apply for an Partner (temporary and permanent) - Onshore (subclasses 820 and 801) visa. I currently have a prospective marriage visa and I've been in Oz for about four months and I was recently married (the Saturday just gone actually). Any advice woul be wonderful.

All the best


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you really need an agent? You should have a copy of the paperwork you had for your prospective marriage visa. Just enter the same information again on the form, get a copy of your marriage certificate (and birth certificates, passports, etc.) You can get certified copies by popping into the police station and asking for a constable. Then you need to update your statement and get your partner to do the same – include details about your shared finances, your shared home, etc. You’ll need two statutory declarations from Australian residents/citizens to say that they believe you are genuine – these are a pain to get but it’s no harder for you to get them – and the other documents – than it would be for you to provide them all to an agent to put in an envelope. Any problems and the DIAC will ask you for more info – but basically it should be a formality because the real checking happened when you got your prospective marriage visa.

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Stuart,


You're welcome to call my office on 97990085 - sounds as though a simple consultation is all you need.




George Lombard

George Lombard LLB(Hons) Fellow of the Migration Institute of Australia

MARN 9601056 george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have put my husbands paperwork in for the same visa as you, I am Australian ( although moved to the uk when I was 5)

It didn't take me' long to put it all together and it has saved me' thousands of dollars.


Happy to give advice etc it will save you a lot. We did apply before we left the uk after paying an agent but the paperwork was processed whilst on the flight so we were told to start again here. I have found I didn't need an agent as long as you complete the required forms and submit the correct paperwork which is all on the checklist

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now