Anyone recommend an Agent to help with an Onshore (subclasses 820 and 801) visa?

Guest StuartShepherd

Guest StuartShepherd

Hello forum, I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am hoping a kind soul could recommend an agent in the Sydney area to help me with the paper work to apply for an Partner (temporary and permanent) - Onshore (subclasses 820 and 801) visa. I currently have a prospective marriage visa and I've been in Oz for about four months and I was recently married (the Saturday just gone actually). Any advice woul be wonderful.

All the best

-Stuart

Do you really need an agent? You should have a copy of the paperwork you had for your prospective marriage visa. Just enter the same information again on the form, get a copy of your marriage certificate (and birth certificates, passports, etc.) You can get certified copies by popping into the police station and asking for a constable. Then you need to update your statement and get your partner to do the same – include details about your shared finances, your shared home, etc. You’ll need two statutory declarations from Australian residents/citizens to say that they believe you are genuine – these are a pain to get but it’s no harder for you to get them – and the other documents – than it would be for you to provide them all to an agent to put in an envelope. Any problems and the DIAC will ask you for more info – but basically it should be a formality because the real checking happened when you got your prospective marriage visa.

I have put my husbands paperwork in for the same visa as you, I am Australian ( although moved to the uk when I was 5)

It didn't take me' long to put it all together and it has saved me' thousands of dollars.

Happy to give advice etc it will save you a lot. We did apply before we left the uk after paying an agent but the paperwork was processed whilst on the flight so we were told to start again here. I have found I didn't need an agent as long as you complete the required forms and submit the correct paperwork which is all on the checklist

Archived