Moving back to the mother land

Guest spenny

I just wonder where in UK the op lives or is going to live. Just interested to find a place with no crime, no car accidents etc. When we were over in UK recently could not find a place like that.

Guess its a secret because everyone would want to go there. :laugh:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
as an analagy i went to see a film at the movies last week,and it had rave reviews--after 10 minutes i left (to me it wuz a load of crap):wubclub:

As an analogy, Don't believe you.:biggrin:

Wishing you all the very best for your return to the uk!

We knew early on that it wasn't for us! we did intend to hold out for the "said" two year settling in period, But just couldn't prolong our stay, knowing we had the heavy pull of returning!

At least you won't have the what "iffs"!!! You tried and thats all you can do! Do what's right for you and your family, nobody else matters! We have now been back 10 weeks, and couldn't be happier! No regrets returning at all, :hug:

Dawn x

Guest chris955

I can't see anywhere in the OP that says any such thing to be honest. The poster seems to be expressing her opinion, it seems strange that someone can post that the whole of the UK is unsafe and kids can't play outside their garden and that is perfectly acceptable but someone gives THEIR opinion about a place in Australia and they are jumped on.

I just wonder where in UK the op lives or is going to live. Just interested to find a place with no crime, no car accidents etc. When we were over in UK recently could not find a place like that.

Guess its a secret because everyone would want to go there. :laugh:

Guest chris955

Some interesting stats, just so people know. Secret Harbour generally is a safe place to live, the incidence of sexual assault and threatening behaviour is lower than the WA average BUT the rate for burglary, stealing from a vehicle, property damage and theft is higher than the WA average. For burglary it is almost 50% higher. Just for some balance.

Moving home after only 9 weeks? Come on - give it a real go.

Australia isn't the UK, wasn't that the whole point of the move?

All the expense for the visa, flights etc.

It is amazing the amout of British that move back to the UK.

Anyway, good luck with the move back.

There decision so we should respect it.

I can't believe how much criticism the OP is getting purely because they are describing their findings and feelings.

They are entitled to their opinion just like all the others on this forum,this is the MBTTUK forum after all.

No wonder people are scared to post anything on this forum.

Guest chris955

Ah that was your first mistake, you are actually only allowed to post negative comments about areas in the UK, regardless of how absurd they are they must be accepted as they are an opinion. An opinion of an area in this country must only be positive and any negative opinions will be questioned to the death. :wink:

I can't believe how much criticism the OP is getting purely because they are describing their findings and feelings.

They are entitled to their opinion just like all the others on this forum,this is the MBTTUK forum after all.

Guest sunnyday
Wishing you all the very best for your return to the uk!

We knew early on that it wasn't for us! we did intend to hold out for the "said" two year settling in period, But just couldn't prolong our stay, knowing we had the heavy pull of returning!

At least you won't have the what "iffs"!!! You tried and thats all you can do! Do what's right for you and your family, nobody else matters! We have now been back 10 weeks, and couldn't be happier! No regrets returning at all, :hug:

Dawn x

I am thrilled for you Dawny that everythings worked out for you if anyone deserves it hun you do:hug:

Guest guest33730
Ah that was your first mistake, you are actually only allowed to post negative comments about areas in the UK, regardless of how absurd they are they must be accepted as they are an opinion. An opinion of an area in this country must only be positive and any negative opinions will be questioned to the death. :wink:

I don't think that's really fair - this forum wants and encourages opinions from both sides of the debate, however at either end there are people who feel VERY strongly one way or the other. I agree that occasionally people who are somewhere in the middle feel jumped upon by those with stronger feelings.

This is the same on any forum and whilst we will always stop personal remarks I think people reading the posts quickly learn who is 'balanced' and who has an axe to grind and we would therefore encourage people to post and not worry about the few who may have a 'loud voice' but often very little substance.

Daniel

And thing is that the OP probably feels already down about the whole thing as it is and instead of words of sympathy or encouragement, people just stick the knife in even more, like their opinion or voice doesnt matter at all. :no:

We have been here 9 weeks, this place is a fantastic natural beauty of a land, all you want from nature the sea, sand, bushland, its nature, snakes, kangaroos ,spiders, lizards and so many more wonderful animals of which i am in awe of, i have had this dream of wanting to come to Oz for so many years 24 approx, always said to my mam why couldnt i have been born in Oz or USA just for the warm climate mainly,

always wanted to go to California to live but couldnt go because my parents were born in the UK ? go figure ?

So we decided to come to Australia the place has beauty and please hear this from my view about WA i know nothing of other areas, so i am not calling Australia as a whole!

My work friend used to have a go at me for wanting to come here " you'll be bit by something or ate by something" , my reply "i will happilly take my chance with nature, rather than live here (UK)" but now i may be eating those words because as beautiful as Australia seems (WA) it is a very slow and unwelcoming place, don't get me wrong there are nice people here,

but crime seems far more aggressive, attitudes are primative, everyone keeps them selves to themselves , you got friends , fine.... you aint got friends they seem a bit strange.

The happy guys in the shops are paid to be happy (im sure some are very nice people). this isn't a nation of happy people......... self indulgence, (i have this big house attitude and a stupid loud fast car that i have to drive at 100kph every where)

Simply driving down the road isnt enjoyable , not knowing if you will be safe , you only have to listen to the radio every morning to hear anither accident on any main road, because they simply cant drive here idiocy is the way , they think they can brake from 10 ft away at 100kph, morons (i again am only generalising im sure there are people here that can drive). UK compared to Australia road accidents deaths etc Australia is far worse there are 60 odd million people in UK, 20 million here, yet there are still a close amount of deaths on roads, it says a lot about the attitude of the individuals here .

So we are going back to the mother land and re affirming our faith in what ENGLAND was and can yet again be, we felt far safer walking the streets of where we are from and i will now be commited to helping towards the belief that ENGLAND can again become great ....I am not bad mouthing OZ i wish it could have worked for us to wake up to the sun nearly every morning is great but real life aint here for us,

god bless u all xxx:wideeyed:

I was not jumping on the op I know that the Uk is ok I lived there nothing ever happened to me or my family and still has not touch wood. However the same can be said for Australia, I just thought that the original post was a little over the top, giving the impression that Perth was hot bed of sin and violence and of course most of us know that is not the case. :laugh:

Guest guest30038
I don't think that's really fair - this forum wants and encourages opinions from both sides of the debate, however at either end there are people who feel VERY strongly one way or the other. I agree that occasionally people who are somewhere in the middle feel jumped upon by those with stronger feelings.

This is the same on any forum and whilst we will always stop personal remarks I think people reading the posts quickly learn who is 'balanced' and who has an axe to grind and we would therefore encourage people to post and not worry about the few who may have a 'loud voice' but often very little substance.

Daniel

The thing that I don't understand though, is that just because one defends either the UK or Oz, you are seen as having a downer on the other country.

Oz has been good to us, and I will defend it where I see it being done an injustice, but the only post that I've ever put up about the UK is to highlight how bad it was for us in our area in the Uk and how good it is now.

Despite the above, I have often been labelled as being in th "anti-UK group" and even had insulting pm's based on this assumption.

Folk need to get it into their skulls that just because a person defends one country, it doesn't mean that they hate the other. I love both equally, albeit for different reasons and tbh, there have been times when things weren't all that great here, that I would have gone back at the drop of a hat. I'm glad that I stuck it out though.

kev

Guest guest33730

Labels are only ever any good if they stick, people get to know where you are coming from as they read the other posts you write.

I would add that some people will label another person in a post, not because they actually believe what they write about that person, but because of the way they know the person will react. I've seen many people (including you Kev) have things written about them and the ONLY intention is to get the reaction - it interests me how often people oblige by giving it!!

Daniel

Guest guest30038
I've seen many people (including you Kev) have things written about them and the ONLY intention is to get the reaction - it interests me how often people oblige by giving it!!

Daniel

Sometimes you have to react Daniel, especially when it's an untruth that is spoken. No matter how infuriated one gets, to not respond hands the playground over to the bullies. Too many people here play the person and not the post.

kev

Guest gail.crease

I could have easily gone back in the first 9 weeks. WA sounds horrible. I certainly feel much safer in Melbourne than I did in the UK and we lived in an affluent place in the UK. Now we live almost in the city but I still feel safe. I think you may have picked the wrong place for you. I've been to Perth and frankly thought it was very beautiful but far too quiet for us. I've been to nearly all the cities in Oz and personally prefer Brisbane and Melbourne.

After 24 years of waiting to come here do you think you have it in you to try another place before heading back?

Gail

Unfortunately i am beginning to understand exactly how the OP feels. i spent over 40 years in the East end of London and then north west Essex (which was absolutely beautiful) and never felt unsafe and never personally experienced crime. However, today we were robbed for the third time in Perth. i feel safe enough generally in the area i live, but the burglary rate seems pretty high and quite a few of our neighbours and friends have had break ins, with car keys seeming to be a particular target. Maybe we have been particularly unlucky but, I must admit, i am on a bit of a downer about Perth at the moment.

Anyway, I would like to wish the Op the very best of luck whatever they decide.

However, today we were robbed for the third time in Perth. i feel safe enough generally in the area i live, but the burglary rate seems pretty high and quite a few of our neighbours and friends have had break ins, with car keys seeming to be a particular target. Maybe we have been particularly unlucky but, I must admit, i am on a bit of a downer about Perth at the moment.

Anyway, I would like to wish the Op the very best of luck whatever they decide.

Sorry to read this, but were you robbed or burgled?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Unless i am missing something PIO is predominently a site for people looking into emigrating mainly to Australia and no one is being insensitive to the OP, but after just 9 weeks in, they painted secret harbour out to be an awful place when it is totally opposite. This is not to say that the experiences they had didn't happen, but we all have a duty in trying to help people, again i say mainly to emigrate, its not a uk versus Australia, thing, it is a true and accurate reporting and assessment thing and when something is wrong, its wrong and it doesn't mean this person is nasty or vindictive, or anti-oz, but it does mean that their overall assessment of a lovely place to live in Australia, isn't the view taken by countless others on PIO and if anyone says things that goes against what alot of others say, then they will get picked up for it, it is as simple as that and its pointless having aggro over it making it a uk versus OZ debate, it would be nice for people to accept sometimes that something is wrong and talk like adults, instead of resorting to cheap shots. Again WE all wish the OP all the very best, but i reitterate their views on secret harbour are not the views by many others on here and if you are thinking about living there you will find it is lovely place to live. Lets try and help people, thats what this site is about.

Guest sh7t man no way

i agree landv--this section of pio was formed for people moving back to or considering moving back to the uk--this section no doubt has helped a lot of people come to terms with what must be a very emotive decision to return to the UK---i for one respect the openess of people on this section of pio--i do not find remarks by some people who visit this section of pio very helpfull--they are not going through the painfullness of such a decision,or have any reletive experience of it--so why cant they say good luck,and i hope it all works out--and move on:mad:instead of using the section as a i love australia section----why dont they have a section on pio called i love australia,and then they can all pat each other on the back,and sing walzing matilda--if anyone dissagrees with me please dont post on this thread--put a thread up on CTW,and i will accomodate:wubclub:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We all still have a duty of trying to help people on PIO sh7tman, if people don't want to help thats up to them, but they will get flack for it and even though this is a MBTTUK thread, it doesn't mean that would be migrants don't look into it, to see whats going on and if something is printed that isn't fully right, wether its in a thread like this, or any other thread on PIO, it needs to be rectified and thats what has happened, its not a uk versus OZ thing, it is a correcting mis=information thing. We ALL have sympathy with the OP, but its like 100 people getting nice fish and chips from a chippie and one person gets a dud fish and goes on to tell everyone the chippy is crap, its their right to do this, but the other 100 will say they are wrong. Lets help newcomers, not hinder.

We all still have a duty of trying to help people on PIO sh7tman, if people don't want to help thats up to them, but they will get flack for it and even though this is a MBTTUK thread, it doesn't mean that would be migrants don't look into it, to see whats going on and if something is printed that isn't fully right, wether its in a thread like this, or any other thread on PIO, it needs to be rectified and thats what has happened, its not a uk versus OZ thing, it is a correcting mis=information thing. We ALL have sympathy with the OP, but its like 100 people getting nice fish and chips from a chippie and one person gets a dud fish and goes on to tell everyone the chippy is crap, its their right to do this, but the other 100 will say they are wrong. Lets help newcomers, not hinder.

Well said Hopey Roff

Guest sh7t man no way

:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:missed the point totally mate

I say again Well said Hopey Roff

Archived