25 year old new to Melbourne in search of friends!

Guest CharlotteMC

Guest Gemjar85

Hey guys

I'm Gemma and I'm 26, I've not long since moved to Melbourne and if anyone is up for meeting up or a night out let me know! Send me a msg, it'd be great to make some new friends :o)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys,

Was wondering if I could jump in on this? I'm not moving to Melbourne till Dec but I'm starting to get incredibly nervous about it. I'm 25 & from Glasgow, Scotland. Was wondering if there was anyone who's already in Melbourne who could tell me how they found the move & could give me some reassurance??

Similarly anyone who is planning their move & would like someone to meet up with when they get there please reply also.

This site won't allow me to send PMs yet but if anyone wants to swap emails with me then I'd be more than happy to.

Thanks

Hey Laura .. been in Melbourne 14 months now and it is a lovely place. I know what you are goign through with the nerves but hopefgully they are a mix of excited and not just hesitant nerves.

Do you know anyone out here? What are you going to be doing here,m do you have an idea of where you may be working .. or where yopu would like to live? What sort of things are important to you?

I think the biggest regret we have had since moving here was we chose the wrong area (that suited the lifestyle we were after) initially and we had to live there 12 months before we found a place that suited us. We went for a big house near the beach and realised actually we didnt need all the space and also we never actually went to the beach all that much .. now we moved closer to the city (and the beach is 10 minute walk away rather than being on the doorstep) .. suits us fine :)

When you arrive in December it shyould be nice and sunny / hot .. but bear in mind that May - September will be pretty crappy weather wise if last year and now is any indication. That was perhaps the bigegst shock ive had since moving here.

Good luck, im sure you'll be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lgxjwh

I'm another new arrival in Melbourne, would like to make some 'mates' outside of work. Drinks would be great. Get in touch. John (29)

Archived