This is how I suffered from South Australia immigration team

reza

15 Apr 2010: Decided to apply for SA- Embarked on preparation of required docs and conducting research on SA

21 Apr 2010: Was informed that my skills assessment letter is ready

23 Apr 2010: SA announced that they will accept applications until 15 May 2010 only so send your applications as soon as possible

24 Apr 2010: I Desperately Sent a request to EA and asked them to send my assessment letter to me by courier and spent 120$ for courier

24 Apr 2010: Asked my Father ( in my homeland) to provide bank statement including translation and attestation. Spent 100$ for bank statement and 150$ for courier. Let alone how I disturbed my Father to send the dosc on time

06 May 2010: Received bank statements and immediately sent all docs to SA and spent 150$ for courier

07 May 2010: SA announced that 176 Visa is suspended and my application will not be processed until further notice( my docs were on the way to SA!)

07 May 2010 to 07 Jul 2010: checked SA website everyday hoping for good news.

07 Jul 2010: SA sent me an email asking to express my interest in SA SMP. Immediately I responded expressing my interest.

11 August 2010: SA stated that some certain occupations are in priority and applications with occupation in high demand will be processed. I did not received any email stating that my application will be processed further

12 August 2010: I sent them an inquiry about status of my application and found out that my application will not be processed

13 August 2010: I was fed up with SA and prepared my dosc for QLD and sent my application to QLD (thanks god!)

30 August 2010: I found out that my application with QLD has been approved :jiggy: and I lodged my application immediately.

01 Sep 2010: SA sent me an email stating that my application with SA has been approved !!!!:eek::wacko::no:

02 Sep 2010 : I responded their email with a bigNO

to their offer :no::no::no:

This is how I suffered with SA.

Now I love Queensland because of their straight forward immigration team contrary to what I observed from SA.

Regards:hug:

15 Apr 2010: Decided to apply for SA- Embarked on preparation of required docs and conducting research on SA

23 Apr 2010: SA announced that they will accept applications until 15 May 2010 only so send your applications as soon as possible

24 Apr 2010: I Desperately Sent a request to EA and asked them to send my assessment letter to me by courier and spent 120$ for courier

24 Apr 2010: Asked my Father ( in my homeland) to provide bank statement including translation and attestation. Spent 100$ for bank statement and 150$ for courier. Let alone how I disturbed my Father to send the dosc on time

06 May 2010: Received bank statements and immediately sent all docs to SA and spent 150$ for courier

07 May 2010: SA announced that 176 Visa is suspended and my application will not be processed until further notice( my docs were on the way to SA!)

07 Jul 2010: SA sent me an email asking to express my interest in SA SMP. Immediately I responded expressing my interest.

11 August 2010: SA stated that some certain occupations are in priority and applications with occupation in high demand will be processed. I did not received any email stating that my application will be processed further

12 August 2010: I sent them an inquiry about status of my application and found out that my application will not be processed

13 August 2010: I was fed up with SA and prepared my dosc for QLD and sent my application to QLD (thanks god!)

30 August 2010: I found out that my application with QLD has been approved :jiggy: and I lodged my application immediately.

01 Sep 2010: SA sent me an email stating that my application with SA has been approved !!!!:eek::wacko::no:

Now I love Queensland because of their straight forward immigration team contrary to what I observed from SA.

Ok ,well done

Don't dwell on the negative its been a tough year for everyone INCLUDING the state governments I think...

Move on...Good luck in Queensland

Cheers

Paul

Guest AustrAnglian

Don't dwell on the negative its been a tough year for everyone INCLUDING the state governments I think...Move on.

Being flexible is a key ingredient to success right now, as well as having a good RMA who can predict what's coming. Like many others on PIO we lost MODL points in February and lost CSL in May, and finally our "Plan D" succeeded in getting us enough points to apply. I count myself one of the lucky ones to have a State Sponsorship issued after May 7. I agree fully with Paul that we need to see the negatives as no more than character building stuff. Let's celebrate the successes instead. All the best to everyone still working on their SS - hopefully November will see a lot of movement.

Guest 666dame

Rez

Suffered with SA? Looking at your timeframe I cant see they have done much to prompt your negative quote.

Man you really need to get a life, some people on this site have been waiting years for a visa, talk about impatient. Take a chill pill, and think yourself lucky your occupation is in demand

Dame

We have now been doing the visa process for over 2 1/2 years now! We have jumped through all the hoops and been on a roller coaster of a ride which hopefully Is close to the end.

I'm sorry but 5 months is nothing in the oz visa process! The roller coaster ride is just beginning!

Rez

Suffered with SA? Looking at your timeframe I cant see they have done much to prompt your negative quote.

Man you really need to get a life, some people on this site have been waiting years for a visa, talk about impatient. Take a chill pill, and think yourself lucky your occupation is in demand

Dame

Glad it wasn't just me then..........:confused:

We have now been doing the visa process for over 2 1/2 years now! We have jumped through all the hoops and been on a roller coaster of a ride which hopefully Is close to the end.

I'm sorry but 5 months is nothing in the oz visa process! The roller coaster ride is just beginning!

It was only three and a half months from sending his application off

Cheers

Paul:wink:

I think you are lucky that you were able to apply to another state, quite a lot of people could only apply to 1 state and also perhaps not the state that their family & friends were in.

Cheer up, you'll have your visa next year, not a bad time-line if you think about it.

Claire

Guest guest36187

Guys, while I appreciate where you are coming from......everyone deals with the visa application in different ways.

5 months to the OP might have felt like 5 years! I know when I applied for mine, it was 6 months and felt a hell of a lot longer!!!

Guys, while I appreciate where you are coming from......everyone deals with the visa application in different ways.

5 months to the OP might have felt like 5 years! I know when I applied for mine, it was 6 months and felt a hell of a lot longer!!!

Hi,

While I appreciatie everyone is entitled to an opinion the OP has SS and is consistantly negative towards other people gaining SS themselves in other threads.....

Way too much negativity, its a very difficult situation for everyone....

we need to concentrate on the positives

Well done to Reza on gaining SS from Queensland......a little support to other members in the same situation he was in would be nice now

Cheers

Paul:biggrin:

Guest AustrAnglian

I think the point is that the States are erring on the side of caution and not providing sponsorships until they have greater certainty from DIAC that they are not dooming the applicants to the Cat 4 limboland. As painful as this is for some aspiring sponsorship applicants, the disappointment of a few months wait is nothing in comparison to some of the stories you see here of visa applications over 3 years old that have been assigned COs on one or more occasions only to see them cruelly snatched away again when DIAC changed their minds about CSL or MODL priorities.

This time round the SMPs are in the hands of the States and not the Federal Government, and the care the States are currently showing in not sponsoring without certainty (i.e. making promises they can't keep) is encouraging. Any future changes to the SMPs will hopefully be handled with the same level of care so that no-one who obtains state sponsorship now will later find themselves consigned to Cat 4. Personally I have more confidence in the States to control their own needs than DIAC, and it's better to disappoint applicants at the time of applying for state sponsorship than several years (and thousands of dollars in fees and medicals) later. We need to give the States the benefit of the doubt at this time.

Guest Gollywobbler
I think the point is that the States are erring on the side of caution and not providing sponsorships until they have greater certainty from DIAC that they are not dooming the applicants to the Cat 4 limboland. As painful as this is for some aspiring sponsorship applicants, the disappointment of a few months wait is nothing in comparison to some of the stories you see here of visa applications over 3 years old that have been assigned COs on one or more occasions only to see them cruelly snatched away again when DIAC changed their minds about CSL or MODL priorities.

This time round the SMPs are in the hands of the States and not the Federal Government, and the care the States are currently showing in not sponsoring without certainty (i.e. making promises they can't keep) is encouraging. Any future changes to the SMPs will hopefully be handled with the same level of care so that no-one who obtains state sponsorship now will later find themselves consigned to Cat 4. Personally I have more confidence in the States to control their own needs than DIAC, and it's better to disappoint applicants at the time of applying for state sponsorship than several years (and thousands of dollars in fees and medicals) later. We need to give the States the benefit of the doubt at this time.

Hi AustAnglian

I agree with you - up to a point.

However I think that the impression that the State Governments are being allowed to run their own shows is exactly the impression that the Federal Government wants prospective immigrants to believe.

The fact is that Canberra are merely controlling the show much more tightly than ever before, with much more meddling and micro-management from the Federal Government than ever before.

For example, TAS said recently that Hairdressers are on the final draft of the SMP that TAS has submitted to the Minister for Immi, via DIAC in Canberra. TAS remarked that whether or not they will be allowed to include Hairdressers, and if so how many Hairdressers, now depends on what the Federal Government is prepared to permit the State Government of Tasmania to do.

That does not add up to giving TAS any control, in my book. What it will add up to, however, is a convenient excuse by the Federal Government for turning TAS into the scapegoat for all the Hairdressers sponsored by TAS to blame in the event that the Federal Government decides not to allow TAS to offer SMP sponsorship to all the Hairdressers whom TAS has already sponsored. It suits the Federal Government if the Hairdressers sponsored by TAS blame the State Government of TAS instead of blaming the real culprit, which is the Federal Government.

Distracting the Hairdressers in this way is a diversionary and deceitful tactic by the Federal Government, in my view. The Minister for Immi will not have the balls to admit the truth. He will lead the pack in trying to pass the buck along to Hobart instead, I predict.

Cheers

Gill

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi Gill,

Likewise I agree with you - to a point.

Reza started this thread about South Australia's behaviour so here's how I see their actions. In May when DIAC shut the system down SA also stopped their sponsorships when they realised the uncertainties surrounding the SMPs. They weren't prepared to sponsor applicants who may not have ended up on the SMPs. I'd have been concerned if they'd acted in the opposite manner.

A few weeks ago SA re-opened sponsorship for their Schedule 3's. My interpretation is that this is the part of the SA SMP that has been agreed, with the Schedule 4's still under negotiation. For SA to sponsor hairdressers at this point would be irresponsible, so SA are not doing it.

Last week SA announced that this year's quotas were full for Civil Engineers and a few other occupations. To continue to sponsor occupations beyond the quota agreed with DIAC would have been irresponsible, so SA are not doing it and are letting applicants for these occupants know that they have to wait for the next fiscal year.

I understand that ultimately the visa decision and issuance is by DIAC, but from what I've seen so far the behaviour of the States appears to be reasonable, responsible and (where possible) transparent. Yes, in a perfect world they would publish the number of slots available to all occupations and the number taken so far so you know when the quota is almost up, but at least they are not issuing doomed sponsorships that lead applicants to waste thousands on visa application fees and medicals etc.

Yes, DIAC are micromanaging everything, but the States' responses seem to be to only sponsor people that DIAC have assured them will go on to be within the quota of available visas for the period in question. We all hope this means that if you gain state sponsorship then your place in the quota is assured.

If the state continues to list the occupation on their SMP and have kept within their agreed quota for that occupation for that year then the applicant should be guaranteed Cat 2 processing times right? DIAC would have to force the state to remove the occupation from their SMP or remove the occupation from Schedule 3 AND Schedule 4 to change the processing priority, but the state will have to be a party to this. When MODL was scrapped and CSLs changed in 2009 and early 2010 this was done by DIAC unilaterally. The old priority processing was set from the top, now with the SMPs there appears to be some devolution of that task.

I'm not saying the system will be perfect by any means. My point to Reza's original post was that the states responses to events since May of this year appears (to me) to be reasonable and responsible. My hope is that the states will exercise some control of their future SMPs, so that an occupation that is the flavour of the month this year in a particular state doesn't find themselves cast into the wilderness next year before their visa has been issued. It will be interesting to see how much power the state holds in the SMP negotiations and therefore how responsibly they act towards those to whom they've already granted sponsorship. I'm personally encouraged by how the states are discharging their responsibilities and priorities compared to DIAC. Ultimately if I'm not right for Australia I'd rather find out now when I don't gain sponsorship than in 3 years time after queue changes coming from the top.

Maybe this is all just wishful thinking on my part in not wanting to be one of the disillusioned future senior members of PIO by 2013 - time will tell!

Guest Lankan1

01 Sep 2010: SA sent me an email stating that my application with SA has been approved !!!!:eek::wacko:

to their offer :no:

Congratulations on your success with QLD :wubclub:

If you don't mind, please let me know how much $$$$ QLD asked as proof of funds ? And in which means we have to show that ? i.e. Bank statements?, Saving certificates etc. I have no idea!

Congratulations on your success with QLD :wubclub:

If you don't mind, please let me know how much $$$$ QLD asked as proof of funds ? And in which means we have to show that ? i.e. Bank statements?, Saving certificates etc. I have no idea!

20K for single applicant and 5k for dependents, I showed bank statement

Regards

Archived