Signing of the SMPs "is imminent" ...

Alan Collett

Lol! Is that what they are calling mental torture these days! Its 6 in the morning before going to work I am a PIO obsessive checking for news.....but you were there before me Jodie.....what have they done to us....?

I had a dream about the SMPs and a dodgy agent! I woke up early and I thought I'd better satisfy my addictions! Lol

Guest VickyMel

I was also on here way too early this morning.

I'm sure they will have a special room set aside for us as and when we get there.

Thanks Alan - even if it does not happen soon (can you tell I have been let down too often and am just a plain negative thinker these days) it has given me a good boost of hope.

Claire mantioned the DIAC site is down for maintenance this weekend (lets hope it is updating ready for SMPS)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97014-smp-countdown-6.html#post885430

VickyMel

Guest tabatha
From an email circular received from one of the State/Territory Governments this afternoon:

"Now that the signing of the SMP is imminent ... "

I have a hunch it won't be long now ...

Keep faith!

Fingers crossed Alan..That one day in the future the sun might shine for all us hopefuls!!!!!

Perhaps interestingly we are seeing Cat3 visa applications lodged in 10/2008 being assessed by the ASPC presently.

Maybe DIAC will process such apps lodged up to the end of 10/2008 (2 years ago), and will then move onto Cat2s once the SMPs are signed off.

Purely conjecture on my part - so please don't hold me to it, or be unduly worried if yours is a Cat3 application lodged after 10/2008. :yes:

Best regards.

Guest perth42
Lol! Is that what they are calling mental torture these days! Its 6 in the morning before going to work I am a PIO obsessive checking for news.....but you were there before me Jodie.....what have they done to us....?

I have been doing the same thing since Feb as well as checking migration.wa to see if any news. My routine before bed and waking up!! Seems really sad how many of us are hanging in on a fine thread in the hope that the SMP's finally get released!!! :goofy:

My hubby suggested we put a bet on at the bookies on it being 31st Oct/1st Nov!!! :mask:

Guest VickyMel
Purely conjecture on my part - so please don't hold me to it, or be unduly worried if yours is a Cat3 application lodged after 10/2008. :yes:

Of course we will :wink:

By the sounds of things having a quota for the two categories 2 & 3 each year (I think I am remembering correctly) I assume means that they may process as certain number both of these categories alongside each other... so even if Cat 3 slow or stop for a while they will not have to wait for all the Cat 2s to be processed?

I have been doing the same thing since Feb as well as checking migration.wa to see if any news. My routine before bed and waking up!! Seems really sad how many of us are hanging in on a fine thread in the hope that the SMP's finally get released!!! :goofy:

My hubby suggested we put a bet on at the bookies on it being 31st Oct/1st Nov!!! :mask:

Well not at the bookies but we do have a betting thread on when they will be released.

Take a look at the rules on the first page and come and join us and make a bet (all welcome) loads of options still left.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91135-who-do-you-think-will-first-release-their-smp-when-competition.html#post815412

The prizes are a bit limited though - but you won't loose money either.

VickyMel

I can see light at the end of the tunnel!! We have our meds booked this am and I don't know how I will manage without PIO for a few hours! :wacko:

Hi VickyMel.

My understanding is that as soon as the SMPs are signed off all processing on Cat3 apps will stop.

I like to think that those Cat3 applicants who have been asked to arrange meds and penals will progress to grant, but we all know how DIAC sometimes doesn't handle applications as we might like.

Best regards.

Guest perth42
Of course we will :wink:

By the sounds of things having a quota for the two categories 2 & 3 each year (I think I am remembering correctly) I assume means that they may process as certain number both of these categories alongside each other... so even if Cat 3 slow or stop for a while they will not have to wait for all the Cat 2s to be processed?

Well not at the bookies but we do have a betting thread on when they will be released.

Take a look at the rules on the first page and come and join us and make a bet (all welcome) loads of options still left.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91135-who-do-you-think-will-first-release-their-smp-when-competition.html#post815412

The prizes are a bit limited though - but you won't loose money either.

VickyMel

Thanks VickyMel - I have hedged my bet lol!

Guest garynhelen

I'm getting nervous now with the imminent release of the smp's in case we're not on it. Then we stay in category 4 with the long uncertain wait.