Terrigal/Erina closest Tafe for Plumbing

murky

Hi All

Myself, the wife and two teenagers aged 17 and 13 have just received our visa's after a long 2.5 year wait. We have visited friends that live in Empire Bay and loved it there but agree with posts that it could be a bit remote for the kids. So thought about Terrigal, Erina or Avoca? People seem to have mixed feelings about the secondary schools ?

But I'm also concerned that when I googled the nearest Tafe for plumbing for my 17 year old ( who at the moment is still doing his first year plumbing at a nearby college in england) would have to travel for nearly an hour each morning to go to Hunter Campus in Wyong.

Does anyone know if this is true or is there another Tafe nearer to any of these places?

We would value any help at the moment:confused:

Murky

I think Wyong is the closest. My grandson travels there from Umina.

Hi Ellie

Thanks for the quick reply

How long does it take for you grandson to get there each day, is it by bus? How close are Umina, Terrigal,Erina as Umina isn't one of the places I have looked into as yet?

Sorry for firing questions at you but after the limbo of waiting so long for visa we had given up looking at stuff.

Would your grandson be willing to pm my son to give him some much needed info?

Murky

Terrigal is closer to Wyong than Umina is. Think he travels there by train. As they live on the Central Coast and I'm in Sydney we don't see as much of each other as we would like - life unfortunately is too busy. Wish I had seen your post a couple of weeks ago, as I was up there then. Will find out as much as I can and let you know.

Guest Guest40285

Checkout the Orimbah Tafe as well thats only around twenty minutes from Terrigal, I studied Horticulture there when I lived in Terrigal, pretty sure they do all the trades there,

Cheers Matt

Checkout the Orimbah Tafe as well thats only around twenty minutes from Terrigal, I studied Horticulture there when I lived in Terrigal, pretty sure they do all the trades there,

Cheers Matt

Thanks Matt

I will check that out:smile:

Murky

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt

I had a look at Orimbah Tafe website and they don't seem to do plumbing, so it looks like he may have to travel to Wyong after all. It just seems like a long way to travel each day as at the moment he travels to college back home on the bus and it only takes ten minutes. He will probably fall asleep and end up god knows where?:eek:

Murky

Guest Guest40285
Hi Matt

I had a look at Orimbah Tafe website and they don't seem to do plumbing, so it looks like he may have to travel to Wyong after all. It just seems like a long way to travel each day as at the moment he travels to college back home on the bus and it only takes ten minutes. He will probably fall asleep and end up god knows where?:eek:

Murky

Hey Murky

Thats a bummer eh, Its looking like Wyong, He'll get used it I spose, Good luck with it all.

Cheers Matt

Archived