and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Richste

When to get Quotes??

Hi

We are moving out hopefully start of August 2011, just looking for a bit of advice of when you should start getting quotes for the shipping side of things, I think its a bit early to do this just now but any advice most welcome.

Thanks

Rich

Guest sunnygirl

Hi

Not sure really when the best time is, but we are heading out in February 2011 and i started getting quotes in September 2010 as i planned to have made my decision on which company to use and have it all confirmed by the end of October. Thankfully we have made our decision and will be completing the forms this week to get the date for collection confirmed and booked in.

You can ask them to come round and give you a quote anytime, to give you an indication of cost but as a rule of thumb if you want a 20ft container you will be looking around the 4,000 pound mark i would say (i'm sure somebody will correct me if they disagree). I think most quotes are only valid for 3 months, so i would recommend that you dont get the quotes until you are in a serious postion to think about booking a company othwerwise you will possibly have to get them to requote later??

Hope this helps.

Guest siamsusie

Pricing can depends on your destination point in Australia.

I moved from Scotland >railed to Southampton >Melbourne > Tasmania

Insurance is an added extra to factor in.

Susie x

Hi

We are moving out hopefully start of August 2011, just looking for a bit of advice of when you should start getting quotes for the shipping side of things, I think its a bit early to do this just now but any advice most welcome.

Thanks

Rich

When I phoned a few of the shipping agents to ask a few questions on our move, they all told me to contact them 3/4 months before we leave the uk...hope that helps