Englishlover

Where is nice English pub in Sydney?

My friend will come from oversea soon. We would like to experience a nice English pub in Sydney. I do not go out much so I am not sure where I should take her to. Can you give me some ideas? Thanks in advance.

Guest Aldo

The The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel in the rocks area.

Not going to split hairs with anyone over wether its "English" or not but i reckon your friend will enjoy it. I did:cool:

Scruffy murphies in George street - its an Irish pub but heaps of poms there and a good atmosphere. I havent been there for about 4 years but am sure it has not changed!

Agree with Aldo, the Nelson is a great pub with excellent beer and they sell pints which most pubs in Sydney don't

Guest londnr

agreed, i use to live just around the corner from the nelson, lovely little place!

although not an english pub, i loved the Australian pub on cumberland street, great atmosphere and the pub-grub was okay too!

as for scruffies, if you fancy a fight, thats the place to be.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Agree with Aldo, the Nelson is a great pub with excellent beer and they sell pints which most pubs in Sydney don't

Whoaaaaa there fella, i thought All Australian pubs were crap.:chatterbox::mad:

Crap pubs and crap beer are 2 of the top ten reasons why people come back to the uk.:laugh::yes::wub:

Guest Aldo
Whoaaaaa there fella, i thought All Australian pubs were crap.:chatterbox::mad:

Crap pubs and crap beer are 2 of the top ten reasons why people come back to the uk.:laugh::yes::wub:

People don't return because of crap pubs silly, they return because the lack of good pubs. I found this on in sydney, but i was living in brisbane:cute:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
People don't return because of crap pubs silly, they return because the lack of good pubs. I found this on in sydney, but i was living in brisbane:cute:

Was there any pint glasses?

This is also a top ten reason why folks come back to Blighty.:laugh:

Guest Aldo
Was there any pint glasses?

This is also a top ten reason why folks come back to Blighty.:laugh:

The pint glasses (or lack thereof) didn't bother me but what did was the beer tastes like dishwater so they serve it at freezing point to disguise the putrid taste.:cute:

Scruffy murphies in George street - its an Irish pub but heaps of poms there and a good atmosphere. I havent been there for about 4 years but am sure it has not changed!

Hey did not realise Scruffies was a rough pub - only been in there 2-3 times - never had any problems!

Guest famousfive

Don't know about being rough but I was in there last year and I have to say I thought it was aptly named,scruffy by name and scruffy by nature on that day anyway.

Guest Guest40285

Yeah the Nelson is lovely, Scruffy's is a hole, I used to do security there a long time ago, rough as guts stay away from there if you want a nice night out.

Cheers Matt

Cool. I was there with a crowd and abit drunk sorry propabaly did not notice it. I cant think of many English pubs in Sydney been a while since i was there. In 2005 I worked at the coggee bay hotel in coggee - thats a great venue - sorry not much help on finding an english pub!!

Guest Guest40285
Cool. I was there with a crowd and abit drunk sorry propabaly did not notice it. I cant think of many English pubs in Sydney been a while since i was there. In 2005 I worked at the coggee bay hotel in coggee - thats a great venue - sorry not much help on finding an english pub!!

Yeah the Coogee bay Hotel used to be unreal, Worked on the door there at Selina's back in 1999. Always enjoyed the beer garden there.

Yeah the Coogee bay Hotel used to be unreal, Worked on the door there at Selina's back in 1999. Always enjoyed the beer garden there.

Yeah - it probably has to be the best beer garden I have been in! Must check it out when I next visit Sydney!