You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

burmtra

457 to perm residency.

Im not qualifying to apply for skilled migration as my vocation is not specified on the SOL list. Ive been advised that I would be eligable to be sponsored on a 457 for 2 ears and that I can then apply for residency without a skills assement. Im just trying to clarify whether a referal is made even after 2 years on a 457 to the SOL list (ie. would my vocation have to be on the shortlist in 2 years to be able to apply for permanent residency?

thanks

Liam

Im not qualifying to apply for skilled migration as my vocation is not specified on the SOL list. Ive been advised that I would be eligable to be sponsored on a 457 for 2 ears and that I can then apply for residency without a skills assement. Im just trying to clarify whether a referal is made even after 2 years on a 457 to the SOL list (ie. would my vocation have to be on the shortlist in 2 years to be able to apply for permanent residency?

thanks

Liam

You would have to nominate a skilled occupation that is on a relevant skilled occupation list at the time you apply. I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible options.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

If your occupation is on the ENSOL you can apply for ENS, usually sublass 856.

The main requirements you must meet:

You must also meet one of the following requirements:

• have worked full-time in Australia in the nominated occupation on a Subclass 418, 421, 422, 428, 444, 457 or 461 temporary residence visa for the last two years prior to the visa application being made (including at least the last 12 months with the nominating employer)
  • have been nominated to fill a position with a base salary of more than $165 000 per annum (excluding superannuation or allowances)
  • have had your skills assessed as suitable by the relevant skills assessing authority and, unless exceptional circumstances apply, have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation before the visa application is lodged. A list of assessing bodies can be found in the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL).

Check:

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

...for more details.

The ENSOL has a lot more occupations than the SOL.

HTH

ENS 121 submitted 22/04/2010, approved 04/10/2010.

Guest Smiles

$165,000 per annum is that correct?

$165,000 per annum is that correct?

Note that Hybrid's answer said "You must also meet one of the following requirements". The 165k only applies if you don't meet one of the other requirements.

Just to clarify the situation...

You can get a 457 if (and only if) your occupation is on the 457 list of eligible occupations.

A 457 can only lead to a permanent visa after 2 years if your 457 employer nominates you and meets the conditions for an ENS visa and your occupation MUST be on the ENSOL at the time.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/975751D41E27FC88CA25774A0013EC8A/$file/10032LI.pdf 457 occupations

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/ensol.pdf ENSOL occupations