457 to perm residency.

burmtra

Im not qualifying to apply for skilled migration as my vocation is not specified on the SOL list. Ive been advised that I would be eligable to be sponsored on a 457 for 2 ears and that I can then apply for residency without a skills assement. Im just trying to clarify whether a referal is made even after 2 years on a 457 to the SOL list (ie. would my vocation have to be on the shortlist in 2 years to be able to apply for permanent residency?

thanks

Liam

Im not qualifying to apply for skilled migration as my vocation is not specified on the SOL list. Ive been advised that I would be eligable to be sponsored on a 457 for 2 ears and that I can then apply for residency without a skills assement. Im just trying to clarify whether a referal is made even after 2 years on a 457 to the SOL list (ie. would my vocation have to be on the shortlist in 2 years to be able to apply for permanent residency?

thanks

Liam

You would have to nominate a skilled occupation that is on a relevant skilled occupation list at the time you apply. I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible options.

• 5 weeks later...
$165,000 per annum is that correct?

Note that Hybrid's answer said "You must also meet one of the following requirements". The 165k only applies if you don't meet one of the other requirements.

Just to clarify the situation...

You can get a 457 if (and only if) your occupation is on the 457 list of eligible occupations.

A 457 can only lead to a permanent visa after 2 years if your 457 employer nominates you and meets the conditions for an ENS visa and your occupation MUST be on the ENSOL at the time.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/975751D41E27FC88CA25774A0013EC8A/$file/10032LI.pdf 457 occupations

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/ensol.pdf ENSOL occupations