Transporting your car to Oz - everything you need to know!

Iron Chef

15 minutes ago, Iron Chef said:

You won't need to change the registration to her name, you can still bring both over (assuming your wife lives at the same address you do!).

Ah thank you. More great information shared. Yes we both live at same address. 

I'm heavily leaning to what I'm guessing is your company Ironlady to help facilitate this process. 

Really appreciate all the advice given 🙏.  

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 10:24, Time to Jump said:

Ah thank you. More great information shared. Yes we both live at same address. 

I'm heavily leaning to what I'm guessing is your company Ironlady to help facilitate this process. 

Really appreciate all the advice given 🙏.  

We used them a few years back can highly recommend them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no connection with Iron Lady at all but their agent in Perth handled everything. And be aware if things go wrong, they know the system. For us as I have said before in this forum, Fremantle docks lost the Clio for 4 weeks and then tried to charge storage. The agent had proof of the car's arrival and them being turned away when they went to collect it. The Compliance guy didn't believe that the Volvo tinted windows were standard and the agent got proof from Volvo. The licensing centre tried to charge stamp duty on collection (not classing it as a personal import) but the agent had warned me to challenge it. A supervisor had to be called to the desk to clarify the rules as the officer was arguing that it was thousands of dollars.

• Like 1