SMP Countdown

claireg

Guest tabatha

Well.all I can say is no news is good news...so all us WA SS be positive....Another month of checking there b...... website...Time to get the calm pills out..Please let it be before 14th nov before I'll fly out there...............................:witch-frown:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel
Why would the vic smp list start on November 3rd. Perhaps we will see other announcements tomorrow and wednesday!

Good point - I think it is very likely that the VIC list came out now because of the state elections that would put it into caretaker mode if they had not done it today - which might have meant nothing happened until next year.

I would not be surprised if the others will follow soon - ACT for one was certainly ready by the sounds of it.

Hang on in there folks - the fact that VICs is out suggests SMP is ready to roll.

Guest AustrAnglian
Why would the vic smp list start on November 3rd. Perhaps we will see other announcements tomorrow and wednesday!

I think this is very plausible. VIC had to announce today to avoid the caretaker legislation and other states may be planning their announcements around the implementation date of Nov 3rd. The question is how many other states are ready - some have been more pro-active in their communication than others but having said that VIC weren't particularly vocal before today so maybe we will all be surprised - keeping fingers crossed for all of us.

A few more sleepless nights ahead! I've been awake since 4am as I couldn't sleep and as you can imagine I'm not feeling too hot at the mo! My OH has suggested staying up late so I'll sleep better! I sense a long night ahead!!

A few more sleepless nights ahead! I've been awake since 4am as I couldn't sleep and as you can imagine I'm not feeling too hot at the mo! My OH has suggested staying up late so I'll sleep better! I sense a long night ahead!!

You need your beauty sleep as I'm relying on you to text me any news tommorow as I wont be able to go on pio most of the day :arghh: serious withdrawal

You need your beauty sleep as I'm relying on you to text me any news tommorow as I wont be able to go on pio most of the day :arghh: serious withdrawal

Omg I have a huge responsibility tomorrow! I'll do my best!

:wink::wink:

Got really excited when I got home and found an email from our agent, only to find its Vic's SMP. What about SA and goodness knows what I will do if hairdressers aren't on it. Not feeling very positive, as hairdressers aren't on Victoria's...:unsure:

Really pleased for all of those who are on the Vic list...

Lets hope the rest of the lists follow shortly....

Hi everyone,

'guess I am one of the lucky ones for a change. VIC's announcement is great, and given the fact that my SS was extended till Dec 1st, I believe I should get moving.

btw, VIC state probably announced early so as to avoid being stuck with the caretaker govt, meaning it would have been out this month anyway (without a change of govt happening), so I guess other states could be expected to announce their SMPs within the month too.

Guest VickyMel

After my 2 G&Ts the other night I didn't have a sleepless night - but I didn't even try staying up.

Hope you got some sleep Jodie.

Not feeling very positive, as hairdressers aren't on Victoria's...:unsure:

I think (can't really remember well) but I think someone said that they had contacted Tazmania and that they verbally confirmed that did have hairdresser on their SMP list (but check as I think it was hairdressers but can't remember properly).

VickyMel

Got really excited when I got home and found an email from our agent, only to find its Vic's SMP. What about SA and goodness knows what I will do if hairdressers aren't on it. Not feeling very positive, as hairdressers aren't on Victoria's...:unsure:

Hi, Im pretty sure that hairdressers weren't on VICs list prior to all this nonsense. It is encouraging that VIC do have cooks and chefs on their list which were 2 of those 4 targetted occupations so hated by chris evans, so things don't look all that bad.

As vickymel says, another poster has previously stated TAS confirmed with them that hairdressing is on their list so I am crossing my fingers, toes, legs arms and whatever else I can think of, the only worry I have "IF" it is on SAs SMP is what english language proficiency criteria they will put on it. I don't think my OH would be able to get level 7 across the board, he was schooled in a welsh medium school, and has dyslexia which has made it doubly difficult for him reading and writing the english language.

After my 2 G&Ts the other night I didn't have a sleepless night - but I didn't even try staying up.

Hope you got some sleep Jodie.

I think (can't really remember well) but I think someone said that they had contacted Tazmania and that they verbally confirmed that did have hairdresser on their SMP list (but check as I think it was hairdressers but can't remember properly).

VickyMel

Yes, Tasmania confirmed it to me in an e-mail.

However, as these things go, even with the confirmation e-mail that I got, I still won't believe it until I see it.

Good luck everyone.

hi i know how you feel im waiting on wa, but to be fair i dont think vic had hairdresser on their list before the smp, so im not surprised its not there.

hang in there:hug:

jools x

Yes, Tasmania confirmed it to me in an e-mail.

However, as these things go, even with the confirmation e-mail that I got, I still won't believe it until I see it.

Good luck everyone.

Solid plasterer also on the SMP list of Tasmania send to the minister!! :jiggy:

Archived