SMP Countdown

claireg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My VIC state sponsorship was to end on 31st October. They never made any contact with me since their reply to my inquiry just after the May 7th closure of submissions by DIAC, where they emphasized that my sponsorship was still "valid"! I wrote to them recently asking what they would do about the expiration of my supposedly valid but obviously useless sponsorship letter. I asked for some clarity on their policy specially as my occupation wasn't in sch3 SOL any more. Their answer was that they have extended my sponsorship till December 1st on my request, and that they will consider extending again if the SMP delays. I didn't get the reply I was asking for, but it is still reassuring news. November 1st might work, and its time to get ready to apply!

Guest GemandJay
My VIC state sponsorship was to end on 31st October. They never made any contact with me since their reply to my inquiry just after the May 7th closure of submissions by DIAC, where they emphasized that my sponsorship was still "valid"! I wrote to them recently asking what they would do about the expiration of my supposedly valid but obviously useless sponsorship letter. I asked for some clarity on their policy specially as my occupation wasn't in sch3 SOL any more. Their answer was that they have extended my sponsorship till December 1st on my request, and that they will consider extending again if the SMP delays. I didn't get the reply I was asking for, but it is still reassuring news. November 1st might work, and its time to get ready to apply!

OMG!!! Can SS expire we got SS for WA in January 2010 so does only last for a year? Crikey there must be loads of us who got SS over a year ago.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Your SS (whatever communication you received from the awarding body) should have stated how long it is valid. Its 6 months in VIC, and I heard its only 2 months in ACT(not verified). Do check with WA for validity and possible extension. Mine was granted on 30th April, giving me only 7days to apply before the abrupt closure of submissions (of course I didnt know even that till I was forcibly thrown out of the eVisa system 5mins before midnight on 7th May!).

OMG!!! Can SS expire we got SS for WA in January 2010 so does only last for a year? Crikey there must be loads of us who got SS over a year ago.

Thanks

Gemma

we are in the same boat as you and I too didn't realise...what ever you find out I would be grateful f you could share Many Thanks :)

Guest VickyMel

Hi Chandi

That is really good to hear I'm glad VIC are doing that.

Given the circumstances if the reality of submitting a visa applications is that the SS will not get you into anything other than Cat 4 people might not be as keen to potentially put their money in the visa plus assessments given the long wait and who knows if it ever will now given the recent capping and ceasing of pre-Sept 2007 applicants.

So for people not wanting to risk the money under those circumstances they would probably want to wait for the SMPs.

Pity though that they could not say that you are on the SMP and to go ahead and submit but I imagine until it is OK'd they can't be sure. :wink:

Pity as you would have thought whatever minister / political party is in charge the people who know and understand the migration situation are the ones who have put the lists together and know what the state needs.

Not sure if you saw George Lombard's recent post. VIC are due elections late Nov and if they have not OK'd the SMPs by 2nd Nov it is unlikely to happen for some time.

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Gemma

Replied to your other thread - it does not run out once it is attached to your visa application with DIAC.

we are in the same boat as you and I too didn't realise...what ever you find out I would be grateful f you could share Many Thanks :)

All the states have different time limits - check out the letter you were sent by the state it should say there.

Great countdown guys - given the situation with VIC I am really hoping for it to be the 1st!

VickyMel

:eek: I thought i was bad lol ! trigger finger :goofy: lol

I have the same problem! It started off with checking PIO every few days,then once a day then before you know it your hooked and your checking it every 1/2-1 hour!!

I cannot go to sleep at night till I've done the bedtime checks!! Then in the morning it starts again!!

10 days to go.....

Also, have noticed that they are doing system maintenance this weekend (Sat 23) on the e-visa system. Will be down for 3 hours.

Wonder if they are applying updates to identify SMP apps in readiness for 1st Nov? :twitcy:

I have the same problem! It started off with checking PIO every few days,then once a day then before you know it your hooked and your checking it every 1/2-1 hour!!

I cannot go to sleep at night till I've done the bedtime checks!! Then in the morning it starts again!!

:biglaugh:Sounds familiar:arghh: I feel a fraud sometimes when friends and family say :huh: thought you would be in oz by now ! Ahuh so did we lol 3rd time luckily :wacko:

10 days to go.....

Also, have noticed that they are doing system maintenance this weekend (Sat 23) on the e-visa system. Will be down for 3 hours.

Wonder if they are applying updates to identify SMP apps in readiness for 1st Nov? :twitcy:

:skeptical: They are Probably just teasing people lol

Guest VickyMel
10 days to go.....

Hopefully both DIAC and all the States will be at it all day on the 31st Oct and it will be ready for us when we sign on on the 1st. :swoon:

However, given the previous experiences on this I doubt there will be many holding an all night vigual on here waiting for the lists ... I think we may be disappointed :sad:

They will have to give some very tempting hints to keep me away from my sleep :SLEEP:

Thanks for the count down Claire - wow 10 days - please don't disappoint us DIAC.

Edit:just realised that the 31st is a Sunday - but hopefully you are right and they are sorting it this weekend.

VickyMel

Some occupations have reached SA plan level!!

Planning levels have been reached for the following occupations for the 2010-11 Program Year and are no longer available for State Sponsorship:

• 233211 - Civil Engineer
  • 261313 - Software Engineer
  • 261312 - Developer Programmer
  • 261111 - ICT Business Analyst
  • 261112 - Systems Analyst
  • 233513 - Production or Plant Engineer

Immigration SA will not be proceeding with applications that have been submitted (including those with all essential documents).

Please monitor this website for occupations in next year's Program Year. Alternatively, some of these occupations may be considered under Off List criteria.

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Hopefully both DIAC and all the States will be at it all day on the 31st Oct and it will be ready for us when we sign on on the 1st. :swoon:

However, given the previous experiences on this I doubt there will be many holding an all night vigual on here waiting for the lists ... I think we may be disappointed :sad:

They will have to give some very tempting hints to keep me away from my sleep :SLEEP:

Thanks for the count down Claire - wow 10 days - please don't disappoint us DIAC.

Edit:just realised that the 31st is a Sunday - but hopefully you are right and they are sorting it this weekend.

VickyMel

not only that its halloween- what scary things are diac gonna come up with:arghh:

Do you know for definite that the SMPs will be announced on 1 November, 2010? Have I missed something?

not for definite and it might be 7 days til a big fat nothing!!! :biggrin:

There have been a few rumblings going around on here about 1 November being a possible date, or shortly after.

Alan Collett also posted a thread saying SMP's imminent so watch this space.

Ta

claire

Guest VickyMel
not only that its halloween- what scary things are diac gonna come up with:arghh:

Eeeeeck:wideeyed: Anyone for Trick or Treat!!

Please DIAC - make it a treat!

Do you know for definite that the SMPs will be announced on 1 November, 2010? Have I missed something?

No you have not missed anything - nothing definate just a lot of extra rumours coming out that are sounding quite positive (to us folks that are desperate to hear anything).

This time next week then maybe..?

Hopefully, some sort of positive announcement this week if it is to be next week.

VickyMel

Believe you me, SMPs won't be released until the end of this year

Regards

That is catastrophic. I hate waiting. Does anyone have an idea of how much WA will change it's policy about sponsoring international student?

I have a problem an addict! of checking everyday to see if there is any change lol :arghh:

Don't worry you're not the only one!! It is just so frustrating when you know there's nothing you can do!!

Interesting BLOG on my visa agents website: Visa Bureau Blog - Australia

Interesting quote about ACT SS allocation:

The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) have confirmed that they have been allocated 1740 spaces, which they’ve said equates to roughly 720 sponsorship places available, after the partners and dependants for applicants have been taken into account.

They have confirmed that they have 690 applications either pending or already granted (but not yet finalised by DIAC), meaning their quota of 720 spaces for 2010/11 is essentially already full. The ACT has already taken the decision that any future application for sponsorship under their migration plan will be processed by DIAC in the 2011/12 year.

Archived